Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

Havent seen chilwell play that poor before ever. Remarkable achievement staying on for 95 minutes. Doesnt go forwards or take anyone on anymore. Doesnt defend well either. Radio on way home said he gave the ball away 20 times in.first half. 

• Like 1

One thing I used to think we was good at was holding and controlling possession pretty well (Man C and Liverpool aside)

Today was dire in this regard. 

We used to play with a spring in our step and smile on our faces. As some of the play was fantastic to watch.....that has disappeared quite fast from this squad, and it looks like today we hadn’t played together. 

So many ridiculous passes that were to no one or brain farts that lead to Southampton chances (Barnes and Hamza springs to mind)

In the Premier League you can maybe carry 1 player and get away with it, we’re carrying 3/4 players at the minute, that have all lost form at the same time.

We had to rotate players in previous weeks, had this had a detrimental effect on the squad?even tho we had good results away at West Ham and Newcastle.

Hopefully this is just a small blip in what is a very good season so far.

Brendan now has his work cut out, we now look like we’re going to concede in games recent and the midfield to Vardy supply has dried up.

This league shows how confidence within a squad is key e.g Watford’s recent upturn in form.

You can soon be on a poor run of form after numerous losses.

He now needs to stop what could turn into a run of poor form as not many players came out of the game with any credit.

Time to show why the new deal was given and signed Brendan.

3 minutes ago, smr said:

Havent seen chilwell play that poor before ever. Remarkable achievement staying on for 95 minutes. Doesnt go forwards or take anyone on anymore. Doesnt defend well either. Radio on way home said he gave the ball away 20 times in.first half.

Their first goal came from him giving the ball away - and then being out of position in defense. :thumbdown:

Edited by NaijaFox

They had a good day and we had a bad one. Lets leave it at that. Nothing to worry about yet. 

We arent the first team to struggle against them recently, ask Chelsea or spurs... they are a decent side. Yes it hurts but im sure we'll be back stronger in the next one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wasn't too impressed with Perez today. Seemed to always get the ball stuck under his feet and then more interested in going down Okazaki style. 

He was so poor weak and lethargic, it’s painful watching him get back into position after tracking back. I was never keen when we were first linked but he doesn’t fit into this team unless we change formation even then he won’t work with Vardy.

Actually expected Chilwell to not appear for the 2nd half, and the fact he did tells you how Brendan treats young players I fancy.

Was regretfully shockingly bad today and I just hope he can recover some semblance of form.

Seems every team has our card marked these days. Brendan has to earn his corn after what was probably the worst performance under his tenure. Hamza not a one for one replacement for Wilf so looks like Mendy could well be staying now. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

The same Man U with Solskjaer in charge? 

They have Liverpool away next and I just can't see them getting their act together anytime soon and going on a consistent winning streak.

We may drop off but I'm confident we will do enough and win enough games to stay in the top 4.

We were awful today, but still almost got a draw. Everyone needs a rest and hopefully a top winger coming in as well as a CB, will really get us going again.

We are 2nd! 11 points clear of Man U and have an amazing squad with a top Manager. Semi Final of Carabao and still in FA Cup. I'm disappointed about today but still buzzing about this Manager and Team over all and still have a lot of confidence we will pick up enough wins to stay clear of the likes of an ever inconsistent Man U! 

Yes, our purple patch in the autumn has rather had a few people (including myself at times) rather over excited. This is objectively a very good season for us.

That is not to minimise some very poor performances, notably at home as well as away at the Etihad. Partly it is fatigue and minor injuries, partly it is other teams learning to play against us and some of our players. 

It's not too surprising that the reserves played best against West Ham, with different personnel and tactics. Brendan has some work to do to make us less predictable.

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

No Ndidi NO CHANCE OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

I predict a biblical collapse without him in the team 

we need to spend big !!!! 

Ndidi is our Kante, without him we really are lost in midfield... need to change something buy in some wingers and play a different game 

• Like 1

I think we all knew that at some point with such a young squad that we would have difficult times, it’s a learning curve and will make them better. It just takes a few players to be off form for it to effect the whole team at the age they are. Amazing potential in this squad, amazing chance of top 4 and that’s above every fans expectations that they had for the start of the season. Today was poor and they were all poor. 

Southampton were the better team by a long way today and completely deserved their win. We are becoming stale and predictable.

Since the Norwich match we've clearly demonstrated that we have no answer to teams pressing our defenders as they try to (slowly) play out. Opposition teams know this now and exploit it. We can't rely on patiently passing it between the back 4 and the defensive midfielder until an opening emerges.

Chilwell has played well at times this season, but now he's being used more as a wing back it is obvious that if his path is blocked when going forward with the ball, he almost always turns back and passes to the central defenders because he doesn't use his right foot. He isn't a mirror image of Ricardo. Again, opponents have got wise to this.

The team have worked hard to get us to second place and a cup semi. But now the hard work really begins to keep us up there.

For whatever reason, Chilwell isn't chilled at all. He seems to be lacking in confidence and unsure of his role in this side at the moment. He needs a manager's arm round his shoulders, be on the bench and then be asked to come on as a game changing sub, maybe. If he can influence as a sub that might boost his confidence.

Barnes wasn't as lively as usual. Chowder didn't have the influence he has had when coming off the bench. Maddison and Perez were neutralised by Southampton's formation and tactics. 

N'Didi is a big miss. It's what would have been like when Kante was missing.

We played poorly. Really really poor today but it’s not the end of the world. Let’s be frank, every team has a bad run at some point of the season. Liverpool last year threw away a large gap at the top of the league due to a mediocre run. 

The face is that we haven’t looked at the races since the Watford game. We just need to ride it out. Injuries, loss of form etc. Will happen. We’ll get back to the standard we were at, we just need to learn how to grind out results until then.

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

BBC saying this festive schedule is ever more ferocious than normal, not sure if true, but it certainly seems to be affecting us.

We look leggy, weary, etc, etc

I'm not buying this tired, hectic schedule, too many games etc one bit.

They're professional athletes who from a very young age have trained, played games, rested, and repeat, along with sports science bods, dietitians, doctors, physios the list goes on all around them daily.

They lead a very pampered life far more than anyone of us, if they're tired after half a season they should hang their boots up. We haven't played the most games in all competitions out of the 20 teams in this league. Look at Liverpool, do they look tired, leggy, weary?

Squad size is the same. But they seem to be going along ok.

Just now, TK95 said:

We haven't looked right since that Norwich game. What's worse is Brendan doesn't seem to be learning from his team selections.

We built up a landslide lead in the Champions League places and am now genuinely concerned.

Hold on.

He seemed to get the selection(s) right against West Ham and Newcastle? They could have easily been banana skins too but we all seemed to be praising him for his wise tactical and personnel changes there?

As for the CL places - we're still 11 points ahead of 4th! I wouldn't be so concerned just yet. It's one game we've lost after some poor form at home. It won't last and I have faith in Brendan to sort it out. 

• Like 1