Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

8 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

This is true (if it’s a victory of course), but possibly a tad naive on our part. Hassenhutl played it them once in the dressing room apparently pre match. We knew they would be pumped, and we had nothing in the tank to match it. They wanted it more today, that’s what felt disappointing more than anything 

Yes, I agree about the naivety and then wanting it more. It just read a bit on here like a few thought we were doing it to gloat and it’s not the case. Of course the guy interviewing Hasenhüttl after the game on MOTD made out like we were giving it the biggun - just in case people didn’t hate us enough at the moment 🙄 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't be silly lol

As if giving them an apology would solve anything. The apology was on the pitch anyway lol

I don't get what the uproar about it is. It's not as if Saints have turned up and then suddenly realised after seeing the video that they should seek revenge for what happened. 

Also worth noting that before every single game there's always a 'Last Time Out' video for previous results. Should we apologise to Man Utd for beating them 5-3 in 2015? Or to Newcastle next season for the 5-0 earlier this game? 

I get that Sunil but just maybe this could have been thought through a little bit, given that it’s played whilst their players are warming up on the pitch ..... maybe just show the best three goals ..... they were so wound up for it yesterday...... they didn’t need that extra cherry on the top of the cake .  Are you saying that if we had lost 5-0 then the media team would have showed that on the big screen ??  I rather doubt it ! 

• Like 1

I think where Saints deserve credit than most was their front line pressing just like Liverpool and Man City. What was sad that even after the goal we never noticed how high Southampton’s back four was. 

Another point is you can tell our squad has a young core. When your form dips and your confidence goes, just get yourself back in games by doing simple passes and not overthinking it. Countless occasions where it was an overambitious pass or trying to dribble through three players. 

Give them four days off and get the squad right back to basics. 

• Like 3

Very disappointing from start to finish, we were fortunate to take the lead but did nothing to build on it. Three or four players well off the mark again. We've had a fantastic season but I think we've massively punched above our weight considering we spend most games carrying the likes of Barnes and Perez. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I get that Sunil but just maybe this could have been thought through a little bit, given that it’s played whilst their players are warming up on the pitch ..... maybe just show the best three goals ..... they were so wound up for it yesterday...... they didn’t need that extra cherry on the top of the cake .  Are you saying that if we had lost 5-0 then the media team would have showed that on the big screen ??  I rather doubt it ! 

No because losses aren't shown in any 'Last Time Out' montage? So that completely misses the point?!

If it wasn't for schmeichel and some wayward finishing then we'd of been soundly beaten. 

Chilwell poor, choudhury poor, barnes poor.

Soyuncu had one of his worst games for us, vardy not involved enough, Perez the same and maddison didnt have his best. 

Thought Ricardo was ok as was evans but praet was comfortably our best player first galf before he faded.

The team needs a freshen up and Rodgers needs to work on the confidence of a number of players 

• Like 2

We have too many players where we are waiting for things to click.... chilly... ayoze.... barnes.... youri... grey... nacho

I know that these days managers need to be both supportive yet tough... but we can't deal with too many if these situations at once.

Imo everythibg was thru preat but he was taken off... was this to avoid youri feeling he was on the naughty step?

Brendan should play those in form... eg. Start fuchs ahead of chilly for a while 

The KP has been a huge benefactor to us this season but recently that has changed. Teams are finding a solution to playing there all too comfortably and we seem unable to counter that.

It's not necessarily the league position that bothers me but the lack of answers to deal with it. Take yesterday, it was evident from the start Saints were the stronger side all over the park. We dont seem able to counter the threat and impose our own way over them. That has to be a worry.

Was a breath of fresh air seeing Long and Ings play high up the pitch together. How we long to have a close partner to Vardy, still so isolated all the time. 

31 minutes ago, Walkers said:

What a shame it is that Liverpool's good season is going to be tarnished by the fact that everybody else is having an off-season, like us in 2016

It won't though, it's the 'mighty' Liverpool.

It's true but it'll be quite the opposite infact when you listen to the pundits, media and insufferable fans who you'll never hear the end of it from.

The only saving grace as Leicester fans we can make the claims as it's what everyone thinks anyway and also you can wind them up about their cheating and VAR helping them to the title.

We simply didn't turn up. Our pressing, passing, tackling and positional play was poor yesterday. Southampton could easily have scored a few more goals so losing 2-1 really flatters us. 

On a positive note, considering how poor we played, we still created a few chances and on another day the scoreline could have been different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

The KP has been a huge benefactor to us this season but recently that has changed. Teams are finding a solution to playing there all too comfortably and we seem unable to counter that.

It's not necessarily the league position that bothers me but the lack of answers to deal with it. Take yesterday, it was evident from the start Saints were the stronger side all over the park. We dont seem able to counter the threat and impose our own way over them. That has to be a worry.

Was a breath of fresh air seeing Long and Ings play high up the pitch together. How we long to have a close partner to Vardy, still so isolated all the time. 

BR seems willing to change formations, but I don't believe he will ever compromise his style. Yesterday we were having real problems trying to play through their press with the short passing game, yet never really adapted our tactics. Is Rodgers too proud to have the defenders clip a long ball into the forward players? I'm not saying hoof it, but surely going a bit more direct just a few times would make the opposition drop off a bit.

• Like 2