Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

6 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

We lost a game, move on ffs.

I adopt the Nigel Pearson mantra of neither get too up or too down but I wouldn't hold it against anybody who booed that performance. It was utterly inept and quite frankly down to a lack of desire. That's the only explanation for Southampton being able to press the ball and keep 6 players within 20 yards of the ball versus 3 of ours but still not get caught short on the overload. You excuse bad performances, you don't excuse a lack of effort and concentration.

Horrible performance but will all be forgotten tomorrow and we can take immense pride in how the season has gone so far.

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

I'm not buying this tired, hectic schedule, too many games etc one bit.

They're professional athletes who from a very young age have trained, played games, rested, and repeat, along with sports science bods, dietitians, doctors, physios the list goes on all around them daily.

They lead a very pampered life far more than anyone of us, if they're tired after half a season they should hang their boots up. We haven't played the most games in all competitions out of the 20 teams in this league. Look at Liverpool, do they look tired, leggy, weary?

Squad size is the same. But they seem to be going along ok.

You can get paid as much as you like, they are still human and no amount of money is going to make up for that.

Reality is we have a fairly small squad and they are tired. Remember they haven't had much time on the training ground this past month as it's been a game every couple of days

7 sub-standard performances in a row at home, not good at all.

Chilwell and Barnes need a spell on the sidelines, their heads seem to have gone.

Kasper and Ricardo are the only ones who came off the pitch with any credit today. Absolute horror show all round.

Credit to Southampton though, they've really turned it around and were by far the better side. Outfought, outthought and comprehensively outplayed by them.

51 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Nah mate. Can't blame the ref or VAR for this one bud. 

We were tragic

Kelechi goal deffo not offside. We were poor though. 

But refs not giving fouls against teams that are hacking our midfielders is annoying. Grealish could easily have been off with a stricter ref on Wednesday. Ward prowse could today.

What we learn't today...

Ricky today was very good, my LCFC  MoM

Dennis was good, scored and worked hard

Evans had 2 goals disallowed

Hamza isn't Wilf

Kasper as always good

Vards was vards... did well with almost no service

Perez and Madderz are snowflakes who fall over or faint  whenever anyone goes near them

Caglar is brilliant but still learning

Harvey is fast and determined but needs to learn composure

Needed Marc today

Ben has enough in the bank to survive a very, very poor day

• Like 1

My god we miss Wilf. That wasn’t good enough. Did their team talk for them playing the goals from the 9-0 during the warm up! 

We look knackered, and have a few of our young squad going through a trough in form. Tielemans has suffered from it, Chilwell is massively suffering from it at the moment and Soyuncu has looked shaky at times. Instead of destroying them, we should be getting behind them - but given the way people acted towards Iheanacho and Ghezzal last year, I won’t hold my breath. That wasn’t good enough today, but we need to back them when their heads are down. 

They were fitter, but more worryingly hungrier today. We all knew they were coming motivated and with good form. We didn’t have the energy or the confidence to overcome them today. The home form is a cause for concern. We seem more capable on the road currently. Hopefully 8days between games gives them a bit of respite that we clearly need

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

My god we miss Wilf. That wasn’t good enough. Did there team talk for them playing the goals from the 9-0 during the warm up! 

We look knackered, and have a few of our young squad going through a trough in form. Tielemans has suffered from it, Chilwell is massively suffering from it at the moment and Soyuncu has looked shaky at times. Instead of destroying them, we should be getting behind them - but given the way people acted towards Iheanacho and Ghezzal last year, I won’t hold my breath. That wasn’t good enough today, but we need to back them when their heads are down. 

They were fitter, but more worryingly hungrier today. We all knew they were coming motivated and with good form. We didn’t have the energy or the confidence to overcome them today. The home form is a cause for concern. We seem more capable on the road currently. Hopefully 8days between games gives them a bit of respite that we clearly need

A smart manager would know all this and mix it up a bit and try something different . 
We look very predictable and pedestrian at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Officiating was fairly inconsistent throughout; slightest touch was deemed a foul in the first half to allowing anything in the second. 

Most ridiculous was Chilwell running with the ball being pulled back, he pushes the guy off and is penalised.

Penalised for handball initial control 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1

Horror show and all three games this week have been average at best.

Somehow going 1 up BR should have found a way to shore things up

Chilwell should be playing with a for sale sign on his back that was a desperate display.Think back Cags cleared 2 off the line 3 great saves hit he bar 2/3? times disallowed pen better all over the place except the last 10 minutes.6  1 would have been fair.

What a truly honking performance that was from us. At least as bad as any performance under Puel. Not going to single out any individual players. They were all just slightly different levels of turd today. I'm not even sure Ndidi would have made much difference today. We looked low on energy, and more worryingly, completely bereft of ideas.

Props to Southampton though. They completely destroyed us today and can feel aggrieved that they didn't batter us by more. Had to chuckle when their fans, who were also very good, sang "you can stick your 9-0 up your arse". They've laid that ghost to rest, and good for them I say.

Now we just need someone at the club to collect all those DVDs of the St. Mary's game, and the 9-0 T-shirts, put them in a huge pile, and burn them. I always thought it was a small club move to produce them.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

A smart manager would know all this and mix it up a bit and try something different . 
We look very predictable and pedestrian at the moment. 

To be fair to him, he did over Christmas!! A game every few days certainly hasn’t helped, very little recovery time. The week ahead has to do us the power of good before another hectic run.