Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

Kasper

Cags         Evans       Benkovic

Ricardo  Tielemans  Mendy  Maddison Albrighton

Nacho   Vardy

Benkovic looked quite good I thought before his injury and will add some height and hopefully presence.

Leave out all the out of form players, and use Marc as a wingback which he has played before (not sure if he’s played it on the right though). He doesn’t seem to be quite at the top of his game recently, but I suspect that is rustiness. He’d also add in some experience and grit.

• Like 1

Would definitely go for 352 in this. Will give us: an extra man in midfield against their 442; an extra tall player given their strength at set pieces and in light of Ndidi's absence; and mean we can get Nacho up front with Vardy.

I would give Chilwell one last chance and bring in Fuchs as the third centre back for his experience. I'd be worried that Benkovic would get bullied against these.

So for me:

Kasper 

Soyuncu  Evans  Fuchs

Ric Hamza Maddison Youri Chilwell

Vardy  Nacho

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Kasper

Cags         Evans       Benkovic

Ricardo  Tielemans  Mendy  Maddison Albrighton

Nacho   Vardy

Benkovic looked quite good I thought before his injury and will add some height and hopefully presence.

Leave out all the out of form players, and use Marc as a wingback which he has played before (not sure if he’s played it on the right though). He doesn’t seem to be quite at the top of his game recently, but I suspect that is rustiness. He’d also add in some experience and grit.

Albrighton is a terrible wing back.  A walking penalty.  That experiment has already been tried, failed and strangled at birth.

• Like 4

Groundswell of fans now wanting chillwell to get benched. Maybe Rogers will finally think so too. Fuchs can handle the pressure.

Nachos is hungry and wants to score so let him have at it with Vardy from the start. 

whatever formation we play I just want the team to kickoff in the highest gear. Anything less is a recipe for disaster. We have to blitz them and get 2 goals atleast in the 1st half. Players need to know the club is serious. Let’s get out of this mental malaise and start playing like we know we can with some spirit and fight!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Looking at tunnel cam, size of those suitcases are big enough to indicate that some of the boys are off till at least Tuesday (they usually have monday off)  bit possibly Wednesday! 

They always have the day after a game off and Wednesday off. 

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rest as many as we dare.

image.png.1999ea691fcac40ef87563ae225119cc.png

Be a physical game and a tough game.

Get some rest for those that need it.

Be a super strong bench!

:sweating: more CBs

Jesus that's a horrible team haha. Not a drop of creativity bar maybe Praet or Gray.

Watching us pass the ball sideways and backwards for 90 minutes with the odd Albrighton cross floated straight over Vardy's head sounds awful to me.

Nobody should need a rest come Sunday. Get our best players out there and get them playing with some tempo again.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Jesus that's a horrible team haha. Not a drop of creativity bar maybe Praet or Gray.

Watching us pass the ball sideways and backwards for 90 minutes with the odd Albrighton cross floated straight over Vardy's head sounds awful to me.

Nobody should need a rest come Sunday. Get our best players out there and get them playing with some tempo again.

Its going to be a horrid game. Maybe Barnes instead of Albrighton, using them both as pacy inside forwards.

Starting from Saturday, the next 3 weeks have 2 games a week. Give the main stay a further rest in preparation.

But yes, its an awful uncreative team (Isn't Barnes still lead assister though?)

Solid in the middle, pacy out wide, boring and safe

Keeping a clean sheet would help though!

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Schmeichel

Fuchs

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Choudhury

Barnes

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

This is possible

brendan can easily sell Chilwell not playing as a rest rather than dropping him on the basis that he played the Wigan  game 

I would expect to see gray i/o barnes 

after Saturday, brendan may not trust hamza in that role on his own, especially away from home 

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its going to be a horrid game. Maybe Barnes instead of Albrighton, using them both as pacy inside forwards.

Starting from Saturday, the next 3 weeks have 2 games a week. Give the main stay a further rest in preparation.

But yes, its an awful uncreative team (Isn't Barnes still lead assister though?)

Solid in the middle, pacy out wide, boring and safe

Keeping a clean sheet would help though!

It’s two isn’t it ?

chelsea is the last game before our two week break ??

we have five games in 13 days 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1