Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

Downturn in form since Rodgers link with Arsenal?

I was speaking to someone after the game walking out the ground, many grumbles understandably after watching that and he came up with something that I thought I might post on here as I found it an interesting thought. 

He reckons that the downturn in our form could be down to the Rodgers links he had with Arsenal as it coincides with us being miles off our best from Everton(when he was linked) to today. Said the players might have lost trust/ the edge that they had before that because he didn’t really put the matter to bed and strung it out? 

• Haha 2

Don't be daft, it's just a bad patch. 

He hasn't suddenly given up trying to win because the media wanted to sell clicks by linking him with arsenal. 

Saw a lot of togetherness in the Everton game though and the way we celebrated the winner.

Personally seen a dip from the Norwich draw. We had won 9 on the bounce and being tipped as title contenders. I think that unexpected halt to momentum has rocked our performances. Haven't played well at home since.

Although we've still played better away from home, which Rodgers' links can't explain.

I never understand this kind of speculation.

So many comments saying things like "Maddison and Chilwell have had their head turned by transfers, that's why they're playing badly". It's odd that people genuinely believe that, rather than the much simpler explanation that players go through bad runs of form.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I never understand this kind of speculation.

So many comments saying things like "Maddison and Chilwell have had their head turned by transfers, that's why they're playing badly". It's odd that people genuinely believe that, rather than the much simpler explanation that players go through bad runs of form.

There's no smoke without fire 👍🏻

Whilst i'm criticising with one hand and giving little credit with the other when I say we have looked good on only 3 occasions (Villa, West Ham and Newcaslte) out of the last 12 games and that I think it says more about the opposition on those occasions we've simply not been good enough.

I think you're way off the mark with this suggested theory but I feel something's changed or gone wrong within the camp since that Everton league game.