Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Jannik Vestergaard

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah I would agree with that. Even a small ish loan fee wouldn't make me feel too bad. I guess Vestergaard is massive so is an option against very physical teams / last ten minutes when it goes direct. Wes comes on to see those sort of games out, but Rodgers might want one more player like that given our team is not the tallest usually. 

But certainly not a permanent option for me.

Exactly. We only have to look at how many minutes Benkovic has actually racked up to work out how much he's likely to be used.  

In an injury crisis, at least he has premier league experience. (He played in their win at the weekend, kept a clean sheet so cant be a complete disaster) 

Anybody know if this source is reliable?  This looks "recycled," at least I'm hoping so.

Kasper Schmeichel might look forward to getting a Danish club mate in Leicester before the Premier League transfer window slams.

According to Ekstra Bladet's information, Leicester's manager Brendan Rodgers is particularly interested in picking up Jannik Vestergaard from Southampton to King Power Stadium, where he has to bolster the defense at Leicester, which this season has surprisingly entered the top three in the best English row.

Currently, Leicester seem relatively confident of participation in next season's Champions League with a full 14 points down to Manchester United in fifth place.

Still, Rodgers is looking for a player who can squeeze the preferred duo of center defense, Jonny Evans and Caglar Söyüncü. And here the Danish national team player is a very hot topic.

- It's not about splitting the two center defenders, which have been absolutely fantastic. But they still need competition, Brendan Rodgers tells leicestermercury.co.uk, where he also speculates in a system change.

- I want that opportunity. It was something we wanted over Christmas. But that could not be done then, he explains.

However, Leicester will need the big wallet if Southampton is to let go of Jannik Vestergaard.

The big stopper became Denmark's most expensive footballer when Southampton paid $ 18m in 2018. pounds to fetch him from German Borussia Mönchengladbach.

According to Ekstra Bladet's information, the management in Southampton would have at least matched if they had to release the Dane, and the club on the south coast might try to push the price to £ 25m. pounds (about £ 221m), although Jannik Vestergaard has been out in the cold since being knocked out after the first half of the grueling 0-9 defeat to Leicester just back in October.

Still, Vestergaard has previously insisted on staying and fighting for his chance, and he was back in the starting lineup when Crystal Palace was defeated 2-0 on Tuesday.

However, Jannik Vestergaard is not the only name on Brendan Rodgers' notepad. Thus, Juventus' Merih Demirel, Celtics Kristoffer Ajer, Burnley's James Tarkowski and Brighton's Lewis Dunk must also be hot names.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/PremierLeague/kan-blive-holdkammerat-med-schmeichel/7971725

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmm, not totally ruled out by Rodgers in his press conference today: 

There’s lots of players who have been mentioned over the past few months.

We’re looking at options to strengthen the squad, and centre-half is one of them.

We want to get Benkovic out on loan, but we need to ensure we still have cover.

We won’t speak of names though.

The market can be difficult. You might not see much going on until the last few days.

We don’t want to stockpile players. Going forward, we may look at some loans to support.

Maybe we might take him on loan till end of season?

Could potentially mean why there looking to loan Bergwijn with the “don’t want to stock pile players comment” look at shifting a winger or 2 in the summer?

18 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Could potentially mean why there looking to loan Bergwijn with the “don’t want to stock pile players comment” look at shifting a winger or 2 in the summer?

Slimani

Silva

Ghezall

Diabate

King

James

Kapustka

All still on our books. That’s plenty that need to be shifted so I think the stockpiling statement is justified.

We’ve seen this season that a tight squad means everyone makes a bigger contribution so I see the reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Slimani

Silva

Ghezall

Diabate

King

James

Kapustka

All still on our books. That’s plenty that need to be shifted so I think the stockpiling statement is justified.

We’ve seen this season that a tight squad means everyone makes a bigger contribution so I see the reasoning. 

I wonder how many of the above are out of contract this summer... I know King is.

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not sure about this one. I don’t think he’s featured since our game against the Saints at their place?

If you go back a page I was saying this yesterday, except he played against Man City after us and since then I'm told 4 more games 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Slimani

Silva

Ghezall

Diabate

King

James

Kapustka

But that's worrying when guys like Albrighton/Gray are expected to contribute heavily, when they lack end product.

Freeing those players up that you listed would give you enough wages for 2 regulars.

Did Brendan said about something happening with a CB? Something like "Benkovic will go on loan, but we need someone in first. We hoped sooner, but it should In the next few days?"

Something to that effect appeared on Sky Sports Transfer Center

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

You'd expect that any loan deal for Benkovic will include a recall option unless someone comes in. 

I don't think it's possible to recall a player out on loan outside of a transfer window. We won't be loaning him out if we don't get someone else in first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think it's possible to recall a player out on loan outside of a transfer window. We won't be loaning him out if we don't get someone else in first.

Pretty sure that is what Brendan said

If Benko is that not ready, then we have to get someone in. :dunno:

Seems we may find out early next week anyway

Edited by Dahnsouff