Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Jannik Vestergaard

Seems a bit pointless, like a signing for the sake of it. If there's truly no value in the market currently, just wait until summer.

I'd much rather stick with Wes and Benkovic as back up until then, rather than getting some guy in who can't make Southampton's starting XI, who will inevitably be loaned out some Turkish club within a year.

15 minutes ago, Shane said:

According to the Saints forum, he’s been ruled out of their next game due to ‘injury’.

In a years time he’ll be joining Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani out on loan until their contracts are up.

Surely we can do better 

I feel sick at the prospect of spending £20  mill of our transfer kitty on this donkey 

Just now, manders86 said:

I'm a bit worried this is more out of the Diabate, Ghezzal mould. Hopefully we have learnt now that it you buy cheap you buy twice.

We're assembling a team on the quiet to transfer to a new club competing in the lower leagues... or maybe Belgium.

7 minutes ago, StevieB said:

He's not been in the Southampton line up since their upturn in form. They played Man City a few times after the 9-0 to us league and Cup and he's been dropped since, I'm sure. This stinks of Congerton 

Don’t disagree with your conclusion, but he’s played four times since the 9-0 including this week at Palace. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonicBoom said:

Saints fan here. Look I already feel bad that we sent you Puel (although to be fair I did try to warn you). Along with every other Saints fan I'd be absolutely over the moon if you guys would take Vestergaard off our hands. We paid around 20 mill for him and he's never nailed down a position in a defence that, for the first half of the season, was utterly shambolic. We have rallied of late and Vestergaard isn't in the team. To be fair the problems weren't all down to him, but he certainly didn't make anything better. 

This rumour has been met with astonishment in Southampton and we are all looking at Vestergaard in a new light. Maybe we've missed something, maybe he's not a useless totem pole that can't jump, turn or run. We are all scratching our heads but nope, we still can't see why you would want him. 

So to atone for sending you Puel, I'm here to tell you to avoid this guy like the plague. There, we should be even now ok? 

Puel brought in Ricardo . Best player in the Prem for me , won’t hear a word said against him :scarf:

• Like 1

Saints fan here. Look I already feel bad that we sent you Puel (although to be fair I did try to warn you). Along with every other Saints fan I'd be absolutely over the moon if you guys would take Vestergaard off our hands. We paid around 20 mill for him and he's never nailed down a position in a defence that, for the first half of the season, was utterly shambolic. We have rallied of late and Vestergaard isn't in the team. To be fair the problems weren't all down to him, but he certainly didn't make anything better. 

This rumour has been met with astonishment in Southampton and we are all looking at Vestergaard in a new light. Maybe we've missed something, maybe he's not a useless totem pole that can't jump, turn or run. We are all scratching our heads but nope, we still can't see why you would want him. 

So to atone for sending you Puel, I'm here to tell you to avoid this guy like the plague. There, we should be even now ok? 

See... he's sh**

Hmm, not totally ruled out by Rodgers in his press conference today: 

There’s lots of players who have been mentioned over the past few months.

We’re looking at options to strengthen the squad, and centre-half is one of them.

We want to get Benkovic out on loan, but we need to ensure we still have cover.

We won’t speak of names though.

The market can be difficult. You might not see much going on until the last few days.

We don’t want to stockpile players. Going forward, we may look at some loans to support.

Maybe we might take him on loan till end of season?

Edited by StriderHiryu

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmm, not totally ruled out by Rodgers in his press conference today: 

There’s lots of players who have been mentioned over the past few months.

We’re looking at options to strengthen the squad, and centre-half is one of them.

We want to get Benkovic out on loan, but we need to ensure we still have cover.

We won’t speak of names though.

The market can be difficult. You might not see much going on until the last few days.

We don’t want to stockpile players. Going forward, we may look at some loans to support.

Maybe we might take him on loan till end of season?

Loan him in for emergency cover and allow Benkovic to get some real experience and prepare himself for next season. Im usually a pessimist but this sounds okay to me. How often does the 4th choice cb actually feature? How many quality players would actually be willing to come and bench warm, its clear to everyone that nobody will dislodge CS and JE.   

If we buy him, it is a little worrying. But a loan is actually not the worst move we could make. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Loan him in for emergency cover and allow Benkovic to get some real experience and prepare himself for next season. Im usually a pessimist but this sounds okay to me. How often does the 4th choice cb actually feature? How many quality players would actually be willing to come and bench warm, its clear to everyone that nobody will dislodge CS and JE.   

If we buy him, it is a little worrying. But a loan is actually not the worst move we could make. 

Yeah I would agree with that. Even a small ish loan fee wouldn't make me feel too bad. I guess Vestergaard is massive so is an option against very physical teams / last ten minutes when it goes direct. Wes comes on to see those sort of games out, but Rodgers might want one more player like that given our team is not the tallest usually. 

But certainly not a permanent option for me.