Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Jannik Vestergaard

Would honestly rather we looked at defenders who's deal is up in the summer and get them for a lower fee for 4th choice. Or even loan someone. We talk about not being able to compete with teams on paying vast sums of money but we could be cuter in not collecting £15-20m back up players and rather going big on real class and then picking up bargains for back up along the way.

I like what I've read and seen on the young Bochum centre half Bella-Kotchap. Probably not anywhere near ready to be a key player here but he is going to be a beast of a player and they are 2and division. Get him for well under £10m

• Like 3

Before he signed he was seen as a very exciting player, I think we may have even been linked at the time.  Theres definitely a player in there so this might be a better than expected signing.  But to go from Demiral to this is very underwhelming. 

However, 15m for JV is a better deal than 50m for Dunk or Tarkowski 

• Like 1

Contract through 2022 at ₤60K/week.  That’s really steep for us for a rotation piece*  Not sure CL qualification would change the economics enough to justify that.

* more than Tielemans, Maddison, Souyuncu or Perez

59 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Can’t we just recall josh knight and give him some minutes? 

Might I also mention Dan Amartey? Or is he totally forgotten and/or out of the frame?

We're only talking backup aren't we? And he has played at CB. 

No, I'm not convinced either!

8 minutes ago, mabrah said:

Might I also mention Dan Amartey? Or is he totally forgotten and/or out of the frame?

We're only talking backup aren't we? And he has played at CB. 

No, I'm not convinced either!

Just had another ankle op, poor lads struggling from that break he had against West Ham 

15 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Just had another ankle op, poor lads struggling from that break he had against West Ham 

Ah, I didn't know that. That's not what you'd call encouraging. I hope it sorts him out, he's not had the best of times with us.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If we sign him and farm out Benkovic, then whoever sanctions this needs to see a Doctor......and quick.  

We want Benkovic to play to get experience so he's a better player for us in the future. We won't do that unless we get cover first. Benkovic is not going to play here other than a few bit part appearances. On loan at Derby he would play most weeks.

As to whether this guy is the answer I'm not sure. But we can't go the rest of the season with just Wes as back up so we need to sign someone if Benkovic is to go out on loan.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

We want Benkovic to play to get experience so he's a better player for us in the future. We won't do that unless we get cover first. Benkovic is not going to play here other than a few bit part appearances. On loan at Derby he would play most weeks.

As to whether this guy is the answer I'm not sure. But we can't go the rest of the season with just Wes as back up so we need to sign someone if Benkovic is to go out on loan.

Surely we would be better off trying to get someone in on loan for the rest of the season then look to buy a 1st choice centre back in the summer.

then in turn we can loan benkovic out to derby.

• Like 2

According to the Saints forum, he’s been ruled out of their next game due to ‘injury’.

In a years time he’ll be joining Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani out on loan until their contracts are up.

Surely we can do better