Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Jannik Vestergaard

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was on the bench for Peterborough yesterday.

Oh nice good to see he’s recovered, probs unlikely he’ll be recalled then. This Vestergaard transfer is not very inspiring, hopefully it’s just a smokescreen.

• Like 1

Just now, Shane said:

Oh nice good to see he’s recovered, probs unlikely he’ll be recalled then. This Vestergaard transfer is not very inspiring, hopefully it’s just a smokescreen.

With Mendy out and Benkovic wanting to be loaned out to benefit club and player it would be perfect for Knight to be on hand to be a back up player but seems we won't do that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

With Mendy out and Benkovic wanting to be loaned out to benefit club and player it would be perfect for Knight to be on hand to be a back up player but seems we won't do that. 

Is he still being played in midfield for Peterborough? I wonder what position Leicester see him in long term? 

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Is he still being played in midfield for Peterborough? I wonder what position Leicester see him in long term? 

He has played there a lot this season, does seem to be very versatile. Hopefully will get a chance with us next season with potential European football and Mendy likely going.

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Demiral is a top class option that would push our first two - we sign JV to see if benko can hack it playing week after week on loan.

if he can, then he’s our number three CB. If not, then we go for a Demiral level CB but still need a fourth choice as wes will not be playing next season.  JV is that fourth choice.

Personally, I would be happy taking Vestergaard on loan for the rest of the season, if it meant Benko getting out on loan & us attempting to sign someone like Demiral on a permanent transfer in the summer. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe his just not ready or actually good enough, which is maybe why the club will not do that. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Surely the management team would ask the team that played against Southampton in the past what they think of Vestergaard? If that’s the case & they are still deciding to make a move for him then there must be some qualities there.

Or Congers is on crack?

• Haha 1

I just do not get it!

He was part of the 9-0 first half, where the players literally gave up and didn't give a shit.

He played two games after that mess, both losses.

He's not played a single minute since, been an unused sub 7 times and funnily enough his absence has coincided with Southampton's upturn in form. 

But... I do understand this is us trying to persuade someone to come here and potentially only be a sub or someone who is needed for twenty minutes at most. So there probably isn't many feasible options. For him i'd imagine he'd rather be sitting on the bench third in the league and having cup runs than sitting on the bench at Southampton.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2020 at 19:35, AKCJ said:

If he hadn't played for Southampton you'd all be drooling over this.

We need a 4th choice defender and Benkovic needs game time to improve his game.

This isn't a case of he's going to come in and play every week. 15m for a backup that clearly offers something we lack seems like astute business. Once Wes retires (probably this summer) then we'll go for someone like Demiral or Ajer.

In another Universe there is a Southampton fan making the same post on their forum about Leicester and Ghezzal. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

In another Universe there is a Southampton fan making the same post on their forum about Leicester and Ghezzal. 

Given that Ghezzal hadn't been one of the better players in a foreign league, I doubt it.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe his just not ready or actually good enough, which is maybe why the club will not do that. 

More than likely. Knight is one of the few youngsters who we actually have received a sizeable bid for last summer but we rejected it. I was told it was 7 figures but not sure how many million.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

More than likely. Knight is one of the few youngsters who we actually have received a sizeable bid for last summer but we rejected it. I was told it was 7 figures but not sure how many million.

I'm surprised we didn't sell if that was the case, I suppose their valuation of the player wasn't met.

The level of vitriol this transfer is receiving is a little baffling to me. Especially all the people saying "9-0!". Judging a player off of how they played against us once is silly, but if you must, why pick that game and not that 2-1 win of theirs last season, when he was incredible? 

He's clearly a player with limitations, but has shown that he can perform well at points and in certain situations and as a 4th/5th choice we couldn't do much better if we bought him. Not to mention, literally the perfect sub to bring on to swap to a 3-5-2, which Rodgers seems to love.

Lastly, he probably would be coming in with no illusions as to his place in the squad. Some continuity in the squad over the years instead of constantly relying only on "inexperienced" youth as backups could be necessary.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I just do not get it!

He was part of the 9-0 first half, where the players literally gave up and didn't give a shit.

He played two games after that mess, both losses.

He's not played a single minute since, been an unused sub 7 times and funnily enough his absence has coincided with Southampton's upturn in form. 

But... I do understand this is us trying to persuade someone to come here and potentially only be a sub or someone who is needed for twenty minutes at most. So there probably isn't many feasible options. For him i'd imagine he'd rather be sitting on the bench third in the league and having cup runs than sitting on the bench at Southampton.

He started against Palace last Tuesday. He played well, and they kept a clean sheet.