Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Top fella but in truth both him and Gray likely to be viewed as players who need to play more regularly and simply wont here. 

Would imagine Albrighton likely to be of interest to his boyhood club Villa. Gray could be given a Prem second chance by another, 15m about right price as relatively young still.

Squads and teams evolve and gotta feeling these pair fit that mould.

We aren't going to get £15m for a 30 year old who doesn't score goals.

Guest An Sionnach

The thing is the Diabates , Musas and Ghezzals come and go and Marc remains . The only obvious replacement is a younger version of himself . We need someone who can attack and defend , play on both sides and give 100% every time he is picked . Has anybody got suggestions ?

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Finished at the top level and looks average at best in every game he plays now. Got a lot of time for the bloke and he's been excellent for us but he'd be better off starting every game for a Championship team now.

He is signed to 2022. No one is going to pay the wages we pay him. But I expect he will go on the perpetual loan path that King/Slimani/Silva are on.

It's a shame. You can see him beating himself up every time he doesn't perform to his standards.

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

Don't get this obsession with binning squad players.

We need as many as we can for the amount of games next season and Marc is an experienced, reliable and an importantly "won't rock the boat" type player who's experienced a Champions League campaign before.

Let the man be. 

I love Albrighton. Put his name on my pink kit two months ago. Think he's a great option to close out games. But if we get in more wide players, as is supposedly the goal, his game time is going to disappear; especially since Rodgers wants wingers that can score goals.

I would love for him to stay with the club in some capacity, but it will be difficult for him to make the gameday squad if we recruit well in the summer (or even this January).

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I love Albrighton. Put his name on my pink kit two months ago. Think he's a great option to close out games. But if we get in more wide players, as is supposedly the goal, his game time is going to disappear; especially since Rodgers wants wingers that can score goals.

I would love for him to stay with the club in some capacity, but it will be difficult for him to make the gameday squad if we recruit well in the summer (or even this January).

I think mark is underated too. His whipped crosses are better than some of the balloon balls .  Rogers can bring in more but they'll have to be good to get ahead of him

• Like 1

I've great time for him given what he has done here but Perez and Barnes have surpassed him and the likes of Praet (+ Mendy even) can be called upon to help out in defence.

Others have been saying it over the last 4 seasons but it's looking like his time has passed. His defensive work which he is excellent for is about his only real asset now. 

On 25/01/2020 at 10:45, Tanya said:

Even if we are moving on as a club he will always be a legend in my eyes. 

Sevilla :wub:  and how many other games.  Heart of a lion.  What he does (out-work and out-tough his opponent and cross, cross, cross) he does well.  Never did and never will fail to earn his pay.

On 25/01/2020 at 10:40, David Hankey said:

200th game for City today so can't be that bad. We've seen far worse over the years.

Unfortunately, longevity has zero to do with current quality.  If ever there was a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get player, it’s him.  We’ve all watched him for years.  Every person on this forum can write the Albrighton scouting report.  Any difference of opinion is down to feelings.

He fits the current club like truck tires on a roadster.  We can’t take the high speed corners when he’s reflexively booting the ball into the mixer for a target man that doesn’t exist.  Love his effort in the pressing game, but can he contribute enough else?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

Sevilla :wub:  and how many other games.  Heart of a lion.  What he does (out-work and out-tough his opponent and cross, cross, cross) he does well.  Never did and never will fail to earn his pay.

Unfortunately, longevity has zero to do with current quality.  If ever there was a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get player, it’s him.  We’ve all watched him for years.  Every person on this forum can write the Albrighton scouting report.  Any difference of opinion is down to feelings.

He fits the current club like truck tires on a roadster.  We can’t take the high speed corners when he’s reflexively booting the ball into the mixer for a target man that doesn’t exist.  Love his effort in the pressing game, but can he contribute enough else?

If the City management thought how you do he would have been offloaded long ago. Fortunately, the Club has more sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Souto said:

Some harsh comments on here considering his contribution to the club in recent years. Supporters want loyalty but don't show it the other way when a player isn't at his peak?!?  I saw us get walloped 5-0 at Porto and he was the only one who looked like a footballer that night. My view is, at the moment, he's trying too hard, which is understandable given he's not first choice, and perhaps when you're a little older, being in and out of the side interrupts your 'flow'. Not for all players but for some. Fuchs accepts that role with aplomb but Albrighton is a little younger and perhaps could do with some chats with the Psychologist.

The Gen Y Swipe Lefters commenting here probably can't even remember their last meal, and are very quick to judge and discard. Albrighton's an ultimate Pro, a solid guy, a club legend and that is worth something, maybe not to all but certainly to the guys managing the team.

This is absolutely spot on. 

Personally I’m not overly bothered by his and a few others performances on Saturday. It’s hard when you’ve played two games in a month to just click into gear and everything comes off. 

Plenty in football talk about match fitness and it’s true. Albrighton suffers in that regard and at his age he needs minutes more than ever to stay sharp. 

On the whole he’s been underrated, his assist tallies have been great for a non big six club. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

A very limited player who's best days are long behind him. He should move on before his achievements are tarnished & he turns in to the new Andy King

Unwritten rule on here is do not slag off Marc or Andy or expect a verbal kicking.

4 hours ago, Souto said:

Some harsh comments on here considering his contribution to the club in recent years. Supporters want loyalty but don't show it the other way when a player isn't at his peak?!?  I saw us get walloped 5-0 at Porto and he was the only one who looked like a footballer that night. My view is, at the moment, he's trying too hard, which is understandable given he's not first choice, and perhaps when you're a little older, being in and out of the side interrupts your 'flow'. Not for all players but for some. Fuchs accepts that role with aplomb but Albrighton is a little younger and perhaps could do with some chats with the Psychologist.

The Gen Y Swipe Lefters commenting here probably can't even remember their last meal, and are very quick to judge and discard. Albrighton's an ultimate Pro, a solid guy, a club legend and that is worth something, maybe not to all but certainly to the guys managing the team.

This - And I do wonder, even when he’s not playing, how much of an overall positive impact in the dressing room and at the training ground he and others have. 

You can’t play everyone every week so some people are going to be disappointed. Long term would rather have the likes of Albrighton around than sulky, more expensive and (in theory) more talented players on the fringes and bringing the dressing room down.