Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We all know Marc is not the second coming of Arjen Robben, but he gives it his all every game. Something I massively respect about him is that coach after coach, they all drop him and yet he fights his way back into the starting 11 every time. Say what you want about they guy, but that is world class attitude - he won't give up.

If he's getting into the team, maybe it's because the others in the squad need to up their performances?

He's a fighter, has 100% commitment and is vital experience in the dressing room IMO. He'll definitely come in handy in the European campaign (if we get one) and will be kept on for at least another couple of years IMO.

He has a part to play, I just don't think he should be starting games regularly next season, not with his stats. We need a winger who can get 15 goals and assists combined, Barnes has 14 and he's 22 in his first full PL season.

• Like 2

We have to remember albrighton was practically playing every game in our penultimate season. His run and curving crosses into the box were pitch perfect almost every time. He hasn’t been playing often recently and it’s hard to get back to the level he was at plus he’s older now. He still has a part to play for us and yes a legend.

• Like 2

Could be vital for these final 5 games, we have to mix it up in how we play as teams had sussed us out and we'd become clueless. Going a bit more direxmct may be the short term fix we need to get across the line and Albrighton was integral to that yesterday.

• Like 1

Great player.  Leicester great.  The only player to join since 2016 getting near being a Leicester great is N'didi.  We have others who could get there but Albrighton was good enough to play in a Premier League winning team.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Great player.  Leicester great.  The only player to join since 2016 getting near being a Leicester great is N'didi.  We have others who could get there but Albrighton was good enough to play in a Premier League winning team.

If we get top 4 Evans will have something to say about that and Ricardo.

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

what? he did play in a premier league winning team

They are great players.  It would be a step to being Leicester greats.  It wouldn't define them as Leicester greats in my opinion.  

To put the cat among the pigeons,  Nathan Dyer, Mark Schwarzer, Demarai Gray, Jeff Schlupp and Richie De Laett have Premier League winning medals.  However they weren't the players who took us to the title.

King is probably safely a Leicester great.  I would argue Ulloa is.

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Amazing player whose probably overlooked outside of our club, amazing to think he's scored two goals in the champions league yet never recieved an England cap!

He struggles to hold a regular place for us. He’s miles off being an England player. 

I respect him as a player for the work rate he puts in Every game and his contribution to LCFC over the years but his overall quality is just an average premier league footballer and no more. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He struggles to hold a regular place for us. He’s miles off being an England player. 

I respect him as a player for the work rate he puts in Every game and his contribution to LCFC over the years but his overall quality is just an average premier league footballer and no more. 

I was thinking more of 2015 and 16 season... the amount of assists he got. Considering the players that were picked for the Euro 2016 tournamenet for England only one Leicester player was picked.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Thought defensively he did very well today, we only conceded after he'd gone off, it's such a shame that offensively he offers nothing but crosses.

He got behind their defence once with some brilliant 1-2 play tbf, but couldn't find the final pass. I was actually impressed with him today and think he can play that rwb role really well. 

• Like 1

Seriously guys, albrighton has had his day in this team.

Whilst he didnt have a bad game today, he didnt have a good one either! Offers very little attacking now which is his main job, when was the last time he even scored?

One point in the second half he looked lost, no belief to run past a man and then just got bullied off it.

An absolute Leicester legend but his time is over.

Gray deserved to be ahead of him today but I'll probably get slated for that as Gray isnt a fan favourite 

• 1 month later...

Albrighton doesn't belong to a top 6 team but nostalgia merchants on here wanna have him in the squad coming on. He offers nothing of value on the pitch. He is 30 so move him on whilst we can. I'm sure he can do a job on the Burnley wing pinging crosses into Chris Wood. Or let him go back to Villa. 

If this club were ruthless they would move him on and get £6-8m for him، but we would rather give out 4 year contracts to injured players. 

Just now, Koke said:

Albrighton doesn't belong to a top 6 team but nostalgia merchants on here wanna have him in the squad coming on. He offers nothing of value on the pitch. He is 30 so move him on whilst we can. I'm sure he can do a job on the Burnley wing pinging crosses into Chris Wood. Or let him go back to Villa. 

If this club were ruthless they would move him on and get £6-8m for him، but we would rather give out 4 year contracts to injured players. 

You don't have to be a nostalgia merchant to recognize that while he's not a starter for this squad any longer he's far from our most pressing problem. There's about a dozen players who should be shipped off before he goes.

1 minute ago, knitro said:

You don't have to be a nostalgia merchant to recognize that while he's not a starter for this squad any longer he's far from our most pressing problem. There's about a dozen players who should be shipped off before he goes.

Maybe so but he's one of them, seeing as he still have some value in the transfer market. Albrighton, Gray etc are surplus to requirement  and I'm sure if we transfer listed them we could get reasonable offers  its a different case with Slimani, Silva etc because they are on big wages.. 

Gray gets pelters for his crappy performance, Albrighton gets a pass because he used to be good 3 years ago 

• Like 1