Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Where were you all on Wednesday when I was trying to defend our Sharkey! 

Gives us something different. So important tonight. Hugging that touchline and dragging their defence out of position. Excellent performance.

Vindicated haha, enjoy your moment. Hope he continues to prove you right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Gutted when he skied that chance with the last kick of the game. Deserved to score it

Ooh he almost got the glory goal against his boy hood team top really rub the salt it. Lol just got too excited and clobbered it into the stands. Good game from Albrighton gives to show we do have a need for him and in the summer another fresh, young, fast winger.

Was excellent tonight, and just what we needed, a bit of heart and desire in the lineup! 

I won't slate the guy, but I was disappointed to see him on the team sheet as I thought he was poor overall in the cup despite getting the assist, he proved me wrong today. Fair play Sharkey

There will be games where he just isn't the right pick, but Brendan got it spot on today, he left it all on the pitch (except his shooting boots, he left them at home) 

14 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Is tonight really the night to talk like that? One of our legends has just rolled back the years. Enjoy it. 

To offer a balanced opinion on his future, sure why not? If we hadn't have won tonight this thread would be toxic, like it is with virtually every player after a defeat these days for some reason

Edited by Walkers

He may not be at the peak of his powers, but that was vintage Albrighton tonight. Grealish had no impact at all tonight. Great couple of assists for him tonight. I still think we need more quality going forward, but credit where credit is due. Certainly upped his level from the cup game last week. Keep it up Sharky!

Good choice to play him and he churned out a typical Kevin performance! Gave his all and gave some good protection to Ricardo when needed. 

I wonder if Rodgers saw that Villa looked to use Grealish on their left and got a lot of success with it in previous games so it was logical to give Ricardo some extra cover. Albrighton provided that in abundance and also gave their left back plenty to think about too. 

Two assists for Barnes too and both passes had different kinds of quality. Excellent stuff. Also gutted he didn't score right at the end! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo tends not to play as well when Albrighton is wide right, which is bizarre as you'd think he'd offer more licence to roam but perhaps Ricardo prefers having the whole flank to himself.

Agree, thinks it’s due to sharks hugging the touch line whereas Pérez plays infield as he’s not even close to being a winger. 

Ricardo can maybe looking at undertaking instead of overlapping similar to Baines did for Everton with Pienaar? 

• Like 1

Whether there is any long term future for Albrighton isn't even worth debating that's obvious but for the next potentially 10-12 games until the season finishes, an especially Saturday against Watford where it's a similar game to Villa play him, play JJ and play Praet, create some competition for places and give BR some tough decisions to make V Chelsea.

8 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I thought the Praet / Ndidi combination worked a treat in the centre tonight. Wilf was brilliant (as usual) but I also thought Dennis had a cracking game.

I thought they were both brilliant complementing each other. Praet has that bit of Steel we needed along with his Class on the ball. Wilfs passing has improved so much along with his breaking up the play, that he's now priceless to us.

I'd like to see this partnership develop further as it will make it harder for teams to get at us.