Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Honestly groaned to myself when I saw he was on the team sheet last night. Shame on me. Put in a real shift and put over some excellent attacking balls. He's never going to be the most technical or skilled but you'll never get less than 100%. 

Never lets a bad pass or cross ruin him. Always ready to keep trying again. 

Model professional and someone any youngster should aspire to be like. 

Be like Albrighton. Don't be like Gray.

It's has to be remembered that to just slot into a Premiership match,  not having played all season can't be easy. Imagine it he'd had a run of like Perez has had. How you could ever pick Perez out on the right instead of Albrighton beggars belief, Albrighton is twice the player in that position. 

The first half encapsulated his current situation - the wonderful assist for Barnes but very little of what he attempted going forward came off. However, he was primarily  picked yesterday to ensure that grealish struggled to get involved in the game.  In that respect he more than justified his selection. 

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I can never work out the rationale behind slating certain players at our club. 
Marc Albrighton joined us on a free transfer and has never given anything less than 100%
He has won the title with us, has gone through lots of ups and downs with us (both professionally and personally) and has never appeared to moan or gripe when not in the starting 11.

He always comes across as a pleasant bloke with no apparent failings-out with anyone at the club and, unless I’m wrong, I doubt he’s one of our biggest earners?

He isn’t a world-beater but has never professed to be. And yes, he’s coming to the twilight of his career.

So why criticise his selection before a ball has been kicked in anger?

Like with Andy King, on here, there seems to be such little respect given by a selection of our ‘fans’, for a player who has always tried their absolute best in a blue shirt.

People will always have differing views on team selections but it’s the vitriol that is demonstrated, at times, that I can’t fathom, particularly towards players who basically can be hailed as legends at our football club

:dunno:

:appl:

58 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Marc Albrighton joined us on a free transfer and has never given anything less than 100%
He has won the title with us, has gone through lots of ups and downs with us (both professionally and personally) and has never appeared to moan or gripe when not in the starting 11.

He always comes across as a pleasant bloke with no apparent failings-out with anyone at the club and, unless I’m wrong, I doubt he’s one of our biggest earners?

He isn’t a world-beater but has never professed to be. And yes, he’s coming to the twilight of his career.

Like with Andy King, on here, there seems to be such little respect given by a selection of our ‘fans’, for a player who has always tried their absolute best in a blue shirt.

People will always have differing views on team selections but it’s the vitriol that is demonstrated, at times, that I can’t fathom, particularly towards players who basically can be hailed as legends at our football club

Maybe its because some of our fans, especially ones who come on here, are just moaning idiots with nothing better to do.

Go through any era, whether it be Wellens, Llloyd Dyer, Jamie Vardy, Waghorn. They all got a ridiculously over the top bashing from so called fans. 

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well said.

I wonder how valuable these player are to the dressing room even when they’re not in the first team. Think that element is (understandably) underestimated by many fans. You need these kind of players and characters in any squad. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Don't think I've seen a better view on Albrighton! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Post of the Month....:appl:!!

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

100% spot on, brilliant post.

He will have less impact with us as time goes on but he still has a role to play.

You will also struggle to find a nicer, more genuine modern day footballer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I can explain it @Col city fan. Some people just aren't very nice.

Well you can just #$@£ off :@

But seriously, I concur unfortunately.

The loss of that sense of society, that inability to look beyond your own desires, may represent a significant challenge during the COVID-19 outbreak.

• 3 months later...
On 09/03/2020 at 22:05, Walkers said:

Very good tonight but you don't play shite like Aston Villa every week. Same with people raving about Justin at LB. Can't see Marc being here next season, or featuring much if he is

On 09/03/2020 at 22:26, walkerleeds said:

Is tonight really the night to talk like that? One of our legends has just rolled back the years. Enjoy it. 

On 09/03/2020 at 22:41, Walkers said:

To offer a balanced opinion on his future, sure why not? If we hadn't have won tonight this thread would be toxic, like it is with virtually every player after a defeat these days for some reason

See Watford match thread.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Has played his way from outcast to starting 11 team member and is likely going to start again in the next match. I thought he was one of our more creative players when playing 442, delivering a wonderful cross which Nacho should have done much better with, and then he was switched to a left sided wingback, despite being right footed still did well, cutting in and putting in dangerous balls.

The guy is a total unsung hero. Yes his position is probably the one we would benefit the most by upgrading, but Marc is a valuable squad member. For me when I see him on the pitch, he reminds me of a fan, because he plays like he cares. "Marc Albrighton couldn't be bothered today" is a sentence that will never be seen in a Foxes Talk post match thread, even if he makes mistakes or has a sub-par game. Even though he was a boyhood Villa fan, I really think he's one of us!

Often very ponderous on the ball, but today he was the one implementing the more direct style of play and it paid off.

• Like 2

I love Marc, I always will, he's one of the title winners, but for a team aiming for Europe, his stats just aren't good enough anymore. I actually think that he offers a lot more as a wingback now, rather than a winger, because it allows us to play two strikers and Perez in the centre.

He'll still have a part to play in and around the squad, and I'm sure he'll get starts in the earlier cup rounds next season and be a sub in PL games, but if he's a regular in the 11 next season, I will be very very worried.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Often very ponderous on the ball, but today he was the one implementing the more direct style of play and it paid off.

41 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I love Marc, I always will, he's one of the title winners, but for a team aiming for Europe, his stats just aren't good enough anymore. I actually think that he offers a lot more as a wingback now, rather than a winger, because it allows us to play two strikers and Perez in the centre.

He'll still have a part to play in and around the squad, and I'm sure he'll get starts in the earlier cup rounds next season and be a sub in PL games, but if he's a regular in the 11 next season, I will be very very worried.

We all know Marc is not the second coming of Arjen Robben, but he gives it his all every game. Something I massively respect about him is that coach after coach, they all drop him and yet he fights his way back into the starting 11 every time. Say what you want about they guy, but that is world class attitude - he won't give up.

If he's getting into the team, maybe it's because the others in the squad need to up their performances?

• Like 2