Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

How do you ensure your defenders can defend against crosses? get one of the best crossers of the ball around to keep firing them in during training. Its not just about who starts every week. If Marc decides to leave to get regular first team football i do not think we would be short of suitors, and whilst i couldn't blame him if he did, i for one would wish him well but it would be a sad day. Obviously the legends will not be around for ever but i always feel a little sad every time another one moves on or calls it time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

If we lose some key players in the summer, I would actually keep Albrighton as a utility player to fill in. He can pretty much do a decent job anywhere across the midfield and even at full back. 

Tbh I think he's showed a few times that he really can't do a good job at full back!

5 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Tbh I think he's showed a few times that he really can't do a good job at full back!

If we were to lose Chilwell or Pereria and were unable to replace them, I would use Albrighton as a backup to either. He has got a little bit of a James Milner in him and I think we could rely on him to do a decent job there. 

8 minutes ago, shailen said:

If we were to lose Chilwell or Pereria and were unable to replace them, I would use Albrighton as a backup to either. He has got a little bit of a James Milner in him and I think we could rely on him to do a decent job there. 

It’s unlikely that we would be unable to replace them though, we’ve shown good progression in the transfer market and will have the cash to go and buy another good young full back.

In the past (way back) we’d sell a good player and not replace them but nowadays things are different, we will have the money and have the scouting network to find a good replacement.

Id still keep Albrighton though but not as full back cover.

I would keep him to play against the likes of Liverpool and Man City. We keep our shape and formation and don't have any round pegs in square holes, we just replace one of our all out attacking wingers with someone who offers less going forwards but covers our full backs better. Although arguably JJ is better for that. 

I don't want Albrighton to go but he needs to prove he can do a job as a sub or a squad player and too many poor performances and Rodgers will lose faith in him.

10 hours ago, urban fox said:

How do you ensure your defenders can defend against crosses? get one of the best crossers of the ball around to keep firing them in during training. Its not just about who starts every week. If Marc decides to leave to get regular first team football i do not think we would be short of suitors, and whilst i couldn't blame him if he did, i for one would wish him well but it would be a sad day. Obviously the legends will not be around for ever but i always feel a little sad every time another one moves on or calls it time.

There is equipment out there that can fire in pinpoint crosses/shots every time. I bet they don't cost around £40k per week.

I love the bloke and would keep him around, but his limitations are starting to show more. 

11 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

This is where I think my major issue with Albrighton occurs, I think it's because I have a problem with people criticizing Barnes/Perez, yet they say nothing about Albrighton.

Albrighton is the most experienced wide man we have at the club. He has been here the longest, and i'd assume without checking Wikipedia, he has close to as many appearances at the top flight than Barnes/Perez/Gray put together. He should be the first name on the team sheet in those wide positions, but he is not.

So why is Albrighton, in Rodgers opinion, the 4th choice wide man behind Perez/Barnes/Gray?

The reality is, because he's just not good enough.

Perez has been criticized this season, yet is playing in a position he is not used to....And still has more goals and assists than Albrighton ever has for us.

Barnes has been criticized this season, and has played 38 games for us in the past 12 months....And still has more goals and assists than Albrighton ever has for us.

Albrighton gets zero criticism, despite offering far less than the two above.

In fact he gets praise, because he 'doesn't kick up a fuss' and is 'happy to be a squad player'.

Of course he's delighted to be a squad player for us, no other Premier League team would touch him.

I'm a massive fan of Perez and Barnes. You made a point about Albrighton pressing leaving the fullback exposed. That is the way we play and it is also what we will do tonight. It's not a criticism at all as we've had success in pressing high. 

I agree that Albrighton doesn't fit into Rodgers system anymore. But he's a great option to have when we want to go more direct whether that's going out wide or playing on the counter. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

I thought he had a bit of a slow start tonight, misplacing a few and giving it away - but once he settled and started finding his range, he was back to 2015-16 levels. 

Great to see that he can still do a job for us! Big fan of his! 

He has never lost it so it was not “back” to 2015/2016 levels. He was just not given a chance by us fans. He just gives us something different - especially when we run out of ideas the past 12 matches, he can create, he just goes forward.