Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

19 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

This is good, 

Once our capacity is up we need to do this too. It will be of much interest to know how many people have had it without knowing and would hopefully bring positive news about the virus being less lethal than we think it is. At the moment our case number isn't a true reflection.

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Yeah that'd be a gripe I could imagine being prevalent but not come across it myself because people I've spoke to accept its all very difficult for the government. 

My personal view is the criticism of the government over the self-employed is ludicrous but its obviously tough if you're affected. But otherwise, in most conversations I've found myself the one being most critical of the government for a lack of planning when they could have and the unclear comms. 

I’m lucky enough to not be self-employed and I haven’t followed that area particularly closely, it’s just a couple bits and bobs I’ve heard from the self-employed Facebook friends I have. 

I think the failure incommunication has probably been the sticking point for most people. Otherwise opinions seem to vary depending on the issue. 

41 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I'm still working, as a grounds maintenance manager for a town council.  It's just me & a couple of other lads.  We're just cracking on.   It's in North Nottinghamshire & it's proper rural.  Our town doesn't even have a gas supply.  I'm just trying to gauge if everywhere is the same.

So we're out & about all day, every day.  After the 'lockdown' on Monday evening - Tuesday & Wednesday we barely saw anyone.  A bit busier yesterday, but today there must be at least 50% of the normal traffic.

It is a town full of simpleton in-breds, but I get the feeling they think the virus won't bother with somewhere in the middle of nowhere, or they're just bored of the lockdown already.

Does it seem a lot busier outside near you?

Without a doubt. It was quiet on the morning after first lock down but I'd say there's a steady stream of traffic outside of mine like a normal Saturday afternoon. 

I get a feel for the traffic as well so can tell when it's commuters or people out hammering their crap sounding cars and loud motorbikes. 

I feel there's definitely people out for a jolly that's for sure at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Once our capacity is up we need to do this too. It will be of much interest to know how many people have had it without knowing and would hopefully bring positive news about the virus being less lethal than we think it is. At the moment our case number isn't a true reflection.

Much needed to actually tell us the true extent of the danger of this.

• Like 1

I don't think it's been around for months but since Christmas or the New Year I definitely think people have had it without knowing. It'll be a decent sized number but a tiny percentage of the population though unfortunately. With all of these celebs and MPs getting it, it's obviously there's plenty of people out there who have had it and never known.

5 minutes ago, simFox said:

Wishful thinking unfortunately.

If it was in circulation months ago, we would see more serious cases at hospital months ago too. Or do you think it was just circulating amongst the stronger people of the UK? It's not a selective virus.

If someone tips up at hospital that can't breath, they routinely check for the flu, so it's funny how no unknown diseases were discovered months ago when this was supposedly circulating.

Anyone who thinks they had it months ago is living in fantasy. 

Respiratory deaths were up year on year in the first quarter this year - so it's not as crazy as it sounds. One in six deaths this year recorded as a respiratory death.

Edited by Abrasive fox

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Respiratory deaths were up year on year in the first quarter this year - so it's not as crazy as it sounds.

They test for the flu, if it's not flu they would try to find out what it is. There have been no reports of a mysterious respiratory illness. If there was something killing people that they didn't know what it was, it would have been big news.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

Is there any rule that regulates the price of a vaccine/cure if a country manages to invent one? Could they choose not to sell/sell at a high price? 

Don't think so. As far as I'm aware if you invent something you can keep it for yourself/select who gets it.

Pretty much like muricans not letting the chinese use google's stuff anymore. Would be a proper donkey move though since everyone will hate you for it.

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Is there any rule that regulates the price of a vaccine/cure if a country manages to invent one? Could they choose not to sell/sell at a high price? 

I don't think so. If and it remains, if we get one, it will make toilet roll shopping look like a merry go round. the US, the Eu and China will be in prime position to negotiate quickest delivery and best price and then the rest of the world will follow.

Probably need an international trade lawyer to give the definitive answer.

I think if the world manages to get over this crises by the end of the year, the prospect of multiple wars starting in 2021 is looking very likely.

The economical blow will make the big countries hungrier for resources and the small countries more likely to suffer for the turmoil caused by their economy getting weaker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think if the world manages to get over this crises by the end of the year, the prospect of multiple wars starting in 2021 is looking very likely.

The economical blow will make the big countries hungrier for resources and the small countries more likely to suffer for the turmoil caused by their economy getting weaker.

Or we could dream of world peace and economic justice for the whole world wouldn’t that be nice 👍 

3 minutes ago, simFox said:

They test for the flu, if it's not flu they would try to find out what it is. There have been no reports of a mysterious respiratory illness. If there was something killing people that they didn't know what it was, it would have been big news.

This is agree with, however they didn't have a test for the disease earlier this year until Feb, however one of the causes I understand for deaths (with the coronavirus) is pneumonia which they do test for, so I'd be interested to see what statistics were like for that. I'm curious as to how if it's so contagious, how did it take three months to spread particularly when a number of sufferers have zero symptions and lockdown in Wuhan didn't happen till mid Jan and there were a number of accusations of huge cover ups.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

Thanks for that

I needed cheering up ;)

• Haha 2

Guest Markyblue
21 minutes ago, simFox said:

Wishful thinking unfortunately.

If it was in circulation months ago, we would see more serious cases at hospital months ago too. Or do you think it was just circulating amongst the stronger people of the UK? It's not a selective virus.

If someone tips up at hospital that can't breath, they routinely check for the flu, so it's funny how no unknown diseases were discovered months ago when this was supposedly circulating.

Anyone who thinks they had it months ago is living in fantasy. 

So in this age of global village you think not 1 person infected in china between December and early February entered the UK. 

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think the world might be a more peaceful place with countries actually agreeing to stop investing into weapon systems and bombs and actually use it for the people. 

Trident costs the UK £2b a year just to run, imagine pumping that back into more useful areas for a start... 

America spend £650b a year on their military which is a ridiculous amount.

Edited by Collymore

22 minutes ago, simFox said:

You don’t die, necessarily, from the virus itself though do you (genuine question I don’t know)? It’s the onset of other issues that the virus causes that is causing deaths isn’t it? Things which would be known to medical professionals. That could be a possible answer to why it wasn’t spotted in early stages. 

This is obviously pure speculation I do understand not everyone will agree with what I mentioned earlier on it’s just what I think. 

42 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Wasn’t that Boris’ plan with herd immunity?

The government's plan hasn't deviated as far as I can see.  It was always the plan to flatten the curve to try to drip feed the cases through the NHS as best as they possibly could so that the NHS had it's best chance of coping and those that need life saving intervention can get it.  The plan was always to introduce interventions at different stages of the curve, to that end.

It was actually Sir Patrick Vallance, UK's chief scientific adviser that mentioned herd immunity.  Probably speaking for the very long term but people with selective hearing blamed Boris and spread the lie that the government was prepared to let the virus run rampant and sacrifice lives as it's plan.  This was never the case.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

You don’t die, necessarily, from the virus itself though do you (genuine question I don’t know)? It’s the onset of other issues that the virus causes that is causing deaths isn’t it? Things which would be known to medical professionals. That could be a possible answer to why it wasn’t spotted in early stages. 

This is obviously pure speculation I do understand not everyone will agree with what I mentioned earlier on it’s just what I think. 

My understanding too.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

I don't know about wars but there's definitely going to be an international desire to change our relationship with China and punish them.

25 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Don't think so. As far as I'm aware if you invent something you can keep it for yourself/select who gets it.

Pretty much like muricans not letting the chinese use google's stuff anymore. Would be a proper donkey move though since everyone will hate you for it.

22 minutes ago, reynard said:

I don't think so. If and it remains, if we get one, it will make toilet roll shopping look like a merry go round. the US, the Eu and China will be in prime position to negotiate quickest delivery and best price and then the rest of the world will follow.

Probably need an international trade lawyer to give the definitive answer.

I had a quick search and the TRIPS agreement seems to be the answer to the question don't know how effective it can be but people are welcome to have a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIPS_Agreement

Maybe people who have a better understanding of such things can lend a hand and explain it for us.