Jump to content
simFox

Corona Virus

Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Message added by Mark

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Missus just got a call from the care home she works at, 2 old folk got flu like symptoms and are being isolated in their rooms. Trouble is, they've had no visitors allowed for a couple of weeks now, so could only have been brought in by a member of staff. If they aren't showing symptoms how can you ask them not to come in, these old folk still need looking after. Impossible situation. :(

Impossible but inevitable I’m afraid 

 

what PPE do they have ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Interesting, I’ve noticed the opposite. Lifelong self-employed Conservative voters who feel totally let down by the fact they’re expected to survive until June with no help. Generally there’s little change in opinions though. 

No idea where you are finding these people. Overwhelmingly support for the government from what I'm seeing (Twitter aside of course)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a bit of an odd answer from Gove. "in light of the prime minister and the chief medical officer catching Corona virus, are the government following its own advice?" "The government are following the social distancing rules laid down by the relevant authorities" . Obviously!. People need to realise that walking though another persons wash is probably more dangerous than simply trying to keep to the 2 metre rule as the virus is in your exhaled breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:


Except Boris went along with it, saying we should take it ‘on the chin’ and carry on our normal lives. 
 

If the initial plan was lockdown, why wasn’t it explained that we would be going through a stunted lockdown where we’d slowly reach the point now? Instead we’ve announced things days before they’re due to happen, and as a result we’ve seen hoarding, people cramming into pubs for one last drink, and lockdown rules that change an hour after the announcement. Why are we only just now panic buying ventilators? 

 

Rather than jump through all these hoops to excuse the government, why don’t we just admit the government reacted a month late and then changed the plan last minute? It’s painfully obvious that exactly what happened but we’re insistent on changing the story for some bizarre reason.

He said repeatedly that the aim was to flatten the curve, to broaden it and push it out into the future and he repeatedly explained why.  To save lives.  Why did Boris go along with the experts in epidemiology?  I dunno, perhaps because they are experts in epidemiology?

 

As for reacting a month late, the plan was always to place interventions at key stages of the curve, not to shut down instantly and there is scientific reasons for that.  You know this.  You're not thick, so why are you jumping through hoops to spread misinformation just to stick the boot into the government?

 

Perhaps if mistakes were made, giving notice before lockdowns could be one.  Perhaps the government underestimated our collective stupidity?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Impossible but inevitable I’m afraid 

 

what PPE do they have ??

Steel Toes and HiVis jackets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I might have it. Dry cough, high temperature and achy muscles. Was inevitable really as my girlfriend had the symptoms and 111 said the whole household should self isolate. In a small flat it's impossible to stay completely seperated

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Think I might have it. Dry cough, high temperature and achy muscles. Was inevitable really as my girlfriend had the symptoms and 111 said the whole household should self isolate. In a small flat it's impossible to stay completely seperated

Keep us updated please bud.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:


Except Boris went along with it, saying we should take it ‘on the chin’ and carry on our normal lives. 
 

If the initial plan was lockdown, why wasn’t it explained that we would be going through a stunted lockdown where we’d slowly reach the point now? Instead we’ve announced things days before they’re due to happen, and as a result we’ve seen hoarding, people cramming into pubs for one last drink, and lockdown rules that change an hour after the announcement. Why are we only just now panic buying ventilators? 

 

Rather than jump through all these hoops to excuse the government, why don’t we just admit the government reacted a month late and then changed the plan last minute? It’s painfully obvious that exactly what happened but we’re insistent on changing the story for some bizarre reason.

I think for the sake of my mental health I should probably leave this thread alone and enjoy my weekend but I just want to address a couple of points. 

 

Boris went along with it on the advice of the best experts available to him, I wouldn't have expected him to do anything else. 

 

I always understood that a lockdown was inevitable if people couldn't follow the advice they were given, and they didn't so I don't know why it came as a surprise. 

 

People were already hoarding before it was announced so imagine if they had some notice? As for the people going for one last drink, I despair, the advice was already to stay at home, the same goes for the people who thought it was a good idea to go out to the park with their mates. 

 

Unfortunately it seems that people need to have things forced upon them, which is really sad because if they'd just listened to the initial advice we might not be facing the situation we are currently. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Gove answered a question he’s been asked yet, he’s deflecting questions like a mirror ball deflecting light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Steel Toes and HiVis jackets.

I think it's a 2 meter stick to keep the old people at distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Keep us updated please bud.

Will do. Alreadybon day 10 of self isolation so God knows what I'm gonna do regarding work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, murphy said:

He said repeatedly that the aim was to flatten the curve, to broaden it and push it out into the future and he repeatedly explained why.  To save lives.  Why did Boris go along with the experts in epidemiology?  I dunno, perhaps because they are experts in epidemiology?

 

As for reacting a month late, the plan was always to place interventions at key stages of the curve, not to shut down instantly and there is scientific reasons for that.  You know this.  You're not thick, so why are you jumping through hoops to spread misinformation just to stick the boot into the government?

 

Perhaps if mistakes were made, giving notice before lockdowns could be one.  Perhaps the government underestimated our collective stupidity?  


Herd Immunity was key to the initial plan, it was to slow it down as to allow the immunity to grow. Otherwise, why would Vallance even bother to mention it? 

B25EF312-278A-4474-80B8-6FD5A5578CED.jpeg

Edited by Finnaldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pds said:

Boris has corona

 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Matt Hancock tests positive:

 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chris Witty's got it now.

 

Reports have emerged of a power-crazed individual stabbing senior government figures with a syringe in a possible Hollyoaks copycat attack. 

 

CCTV images have shown this suspicious individual fleeing along Downing Street:

 

0_CUMMINGS-RUN.jpg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Think I might have it. Dry cough, high temperature and achy muscles. Was inevitable really as my girlfriend had the symptoms and 111 said the whole household should self isolate. In a small flat it's impossible to stay completely seperated

Plenty of liquids (non alcoholic) 

don’t take any chances with it 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, String fellow said:

If we all wore a 4 metre diameter hula-hoop around our waists, would that do the trick? 


Newly issued by the Health Ministry:

 

 

6EB81F18-162D-4AE2-8622-03274231C3E2.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If we all wore a 4 metre diameter hula-hoop around our waists, would that do the trick? 

If we all wore a 2 Meter diameter hula hoop...that would do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Has Gove answered a question he’s been asked yet, he’s deflecting questions like a mirror ball deflecting light. 

Nope, he was shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:


Newly issued by the Health Ministry:

 

 

6EB81F18-162D-4AE2-8622-03274231C3E2.jpeg

Breaking news: The amount of zorb related deaths have now overtaken those of Corona Virus after Doris, 74 from Worthing, rolled down a hill and died.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, simFox said:

I'm sure they did, but there is no way it got to Bob in Leicester just before Xmas.

 

Look at the passenger numbers. 230 odd million international passengers travel through the UK every year, yet we didn't record ANY deaths until 5th March. If it was circulating before Xmas, we would have seen quite a few more. Wuhan went into lockdown on 23rd January. It starts slowly the builds quickly, there is no evidence to suggest this virus was widely circulating before Xmas, not on the scale that is suggested across all the forums I hear this on. 

 

My colleague out here in Nigeria was telling me his wife thought she must have had it before Xmas too, he lives in Gloucester. So if you honestly think you in Leicester and my mates wife in Gloucester (and everyone in-between) both got it and recovered (without any one turning up with a mysterious unknown illness at hospital) you are deluded.

Ive never said ive had it for a start. Also the obvious point you are missing is nobody knows how many Potential virus deaths were earlier put down to flu. They wouldn't be testing for some strange virus just seeing symptoms associated with flu etc. Influenza sufferers can be tested and up to 50% do not test positive. Mass infections i doubt it but to totally to dismiss any is you being delusional.  Anyway I'm going off this site now to try to enjoy my weekend,  stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:


Herd Immunity was key to the initial plan, it was to slow it down as to allow the immunity to grow. Otherwise, why would Vallance even bother to mention it? 

B25EF312-278A-4474-80B8-6FD5A5578CED.jpeg

 

 

Your quote mentions 'flattening the curve' and herd immunity.  Two mutually exclusive things I would have thought since you have to introduce measures to stop the spread in order to flatten the curve.  The key is, that one is the response or plan and the other the long term aspiration or by-product of the infection.  After all, it is agreed that it cannot be stopped. 

 

In other words - the plan is to suppress the curve as I have been saying and why.  To save lives.  The hope is that as the virus spreads enough people will build up immunity to counter the next expected wave - not a plan - a by-product and an aspiration for the long term.  

 

I suppose, in the end, it is either gonna be acquired immunity or a vaccine, whichever comes first, that will save us.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, murphy said:

It was Vallance mentioning it.  

 

Your quote mentions 'flattening the curve' and herd immunity.  Two mutually exclusive things I would have thought since you have to introduce measures to stop the spread in order to flatten the curve.  The key is, that one is the response or plan and the other the long term aspiration or by-product of the infection.  After all, it is agreed that it cannot be stopped. 

 

In other words - the plan is to suppress the curve as I have been saying and why.  To save lives.  The hope is that as the virus spreads enough people will build up immunity to counter the next expected wave - not a plan - a by-product and an aspiration for the long term.  

 

I suppose, in the end, it is either gonna be acquired immunity or a vaccine, whichever comes first, that will save us.


It quite literally mentions the government looking to avoid ‘draconian measures’. That’s exactly what we’re doing now. That’s not a change in plan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...