Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, pds said:

As if by magic the fifth email of today from the school has just landed in my inbox with a timetable highlighting when to do all of the lessons for the forthcoming week. 😂

Wow ok! You can't work like that! What if you have meetings for work at specific times?! I am sure other parents are feeling the same way as well. 

6 minutes ago, pds said:

As if by magic the fifth email of today from the school has just landed in my inbox with a timetable highlighting when to do all of the lessons for the forthcoming week. 😂

That's ridiculous. 

I don't have kids but aren't they supposed to be off for the next couple of weeks for Easter Holidays anyway? 

12 minutes ago, pds said:

Most of my family are teachers. I'm very grateful to what they do and what they are doing, perhaps it's just me but I just want the kids to do a couple of hours learning a day and then have fun in the garden as much as possible for the rest. The school just seem a little overbearing. They're calling everyone and asking for photos to be emailed every day for all of the work. Their emails everyday with the plan for the next day are ridiculous and with words saying 'you must do this' etc it just seems unnecessary pressure on parents.

Such stringent measures will be safeguarding on the schools part against the poisonous element of the parent base.

You seem sane, but there (more than a few) parents who would take great delight in throwing shit at the education system and complaining to the LA unless every single avenue is covered. 

Do what's best for your kids and know that this type of bullshit is a pre-empt to the type of people who complain about absolute nonesense to 'stick it to the school.' 

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Such stringent measures will be safeguarding on the schools part against the poisonous element of the parent base.

You seem sane, but there (more than a few) parents who would take great delight in throwing shit at the education system and complaining to the LA unless every single avenue is covered. 

Do what's best for your kids and know that this type of bullshit is a pre-empt to the type of people who complain about absolute nonesense to 'stick it to the school.' 

Completely agree. Take my frustration out on here but I know they have their heart in the right place and are doing what they think is best. 

Hopefully that cvnty group in Derbyshire don't set us back any further.

I can't imagine it was the only group/gathering that occurred in the past few days but they were one that got caught.

Why do people not realise the more we behave, the sooner we will be out of this self-isolation period? At least not fully liberal, but definitely more relaxed and be on the way to 'freedom'. 

I can't fathom how selfish you have to be, amongst others of the kind, to do such a thing when it's clear how transparent the rules are right now.

• Like 1

Just now, pds said:

Completely agree. Take my frustration out on here but I know they have their heart in the right place and are doing what they think is best. 

My advice would be not to worry about it too much. Schools aren't going to test post-corona and, unless your kids are sitting degrees, the loss of learning will be negligible and easily caught up with. 

Fundamentally I'm guessing your child's school is mitigating against potential complaints of over bearing or unpleasant parents. 

BBC Bitesize is brilliant. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hopefully that cvnty group in Derbyshire don't set us back any further.

I can't imagine it was the only group/gathering that occurred in the past few days but they were one that got caught.

Why do people not realise the more we behave, THE MORE LIVES MIGHT BE SAVED  and the sooner we will be out of this self-isolation period? At least not fully liberal, but definitely more relaxed and be on the way to 'freedom'. 

I can't fathom how selfish you have to be, amongst others of the kind, to do such a thing when it's clear how transparent the rules are right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

I think stan point was, aside from the medical side of all this, that don't these people realise not going out now means we'll be able to have more freedom sooner.

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

I think stan point was, aside from the medical side of all this, that don't these people realise not going out now means we'll be able to have more freedom sooner.

I know, and I totally agree with what Stan said but was adding a more powerful message that seems to go over peoples heads ...   had a fairly frank discussion with someone about it today ...   felt like breaking the 2 metre rule and his neck at the same time !! ...   :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Sounds like it might be 6 months on and off of lockdown.

Guess it's so fluid day by day nothing is certain.

And then you are into winter!

I really wish they hadn't brought up the six month thing, it'll just scare people and cause panic. I know they are trying to be honest but we know it's being reviewed three weekly, why slap in the fact we all could be like this for 6 months. It'll invoke a few reactions, one lot will just get on with it and do as they're told, another lot will slump into a depressive state and another lot will think **** this and start going out again. Being truthful is great, but sometimes you need to hold a little back.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

P.S. Flannel, was just about to quote you on another thread and say "Incoming !!" but the whole thing vanished before I could ! ...   :)

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I really wish they hadn't brought up the six month thing, it'll just scare people and cause panic. I know they are trying to be honest but we know it's being reviewed three weekly, why slap in the fact we all could be like this for 6 months. It'll revoke a few reactions, one lot will just get on with it and do as they're told, another lot will slump into a depressive state and another lot will think **** this and start going out again. Being truthful is great, but sometimes you need to hold a little back.

I am not sure. It is easier to say “Good news, we will be back to normal in a fortnight” at some point down the line, than it is to say”Sorry, it will be another 2/3 months”

The second option promotes a belief in a lack of control which in turns leads to fear I reckon

Italy's new cases are definitely starting to level off a bit now which is good news, it's been 8 days now since they had 6,500 new cases in one day and it's not been that high since. Generally fluctuating between 5,000-6,000 (and 6,200 on one day).

At least it doesn't seem to be rising exponentially anymore and fingers crossed 21st March was their peak. Hopefully it gradually starts to fall now.

Edited by Sampson

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And in what way are they comparable? How is it possible to redress this? It's not, so stop comparing them. Do our nurses deserve pay rises? Almost certainly. Is that the Kardashians fault, or the government? Unless Kim has started going to cabinet meeting without my knowledge I think we know who's responsible for the low pay nurses get.

By the way, I hate reality tv and everything that family stand for, but it's a ridiculous comparison, as it is when people compare nurses wages to footballers.

Agreed. 

Weird posturing. Want state workers to be paid more? Vote for the party that will raise them. 

Think the Kardashians earn too much? Pointedly avoid things associated with them. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And in what way are they comparable? How is it possible to redress this? It's not, so stop comparing them. Do our nurses deserve pay rises? Almost certainly. Is that the Kardashians fault, or the government? Unless Kim has started going to cabinet meeting without my knowledge I think we know who's responsible for the low pay nurses get.

By the way, I hate reality tv and everything that family stand for, but it's a ridiculous comparison, as it is when people compare nurses wages to footballers.

Jeez, 

Calm down mate. I didn’t make it.

To me it just reminds me of everything that’s wrong in this world. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1