Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not 4000 instantly either. I heard earlier it was 2000 to begin with (maybe less) and then there's extra capacity if needed. 

It's good preparation for where we're at now and for where we could end up. 

Previously retired staff coming back to help out I guess are going to help out?

Yeah, 500 beds on opening apparently, they want it done by next week. I just would like to know where literally thousands of icu trained nurses and doctors are coming from.

Just been to Beaumont Leys Tesco. Was easy and peaceful. Seperated the walk into the store with metal railings with an in and out walkway. No queueing whatsoever not even for the checkout. Plenty of stock although some things had run out. Everyone keeping their distance and they even had loo roll in the 24 packs.

7 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Yeah, 500 beds on opening apparently, they want it done by next week. I just would like to know where literally thousands of icu trained nurses and doctors are coming from.

Is it ICU units they're having at ExCel? My first thought was that it was going to be anyone not in desperate need of hospital treatment/bed that they'd temporarily be placed there and anyone needing ICU treatment will have a proper bed in hospital. I've no idea tbh. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is it ICU units they're having at ExCel? My first thought was that it was going to be anyone not in desperate need of hospital treatment/bed that they'd temporarily be placed there and anyone needing ICU treatment will have a proper bed in hospital. I've no idea tbh. 

My thoughts exactly but no, there will be a large capacity for ICU apparently.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

My thoughts exactly but no, there will be a large capacity for ICU apparently.

How are you holding up at the moment? Are you getting any sleep/time off?

14 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Just been to Beaumont Leys Tesco. Was easy and peaceful. Seperated the walk into the store with metal railings with an in and out walkway. No queueing whatsoever not even for the checkout. Plenty of stock although some things had run out. Everyone keeping their distance and they even had loo roll in the 24 packs.

Had same sort of experience at Sainsbury about 7pm last night. 
Easy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Magictv said:

I’ve seen drawings at work from a company called penlon, who make ventilators, nothing complicated but in batches of 500 -10000 and there’s quite a lot of companies  involved

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I imagine the only option is to drastically cut staffing ratios to probably something like 1:6. Accepting that each patient will get significantly suboptimal care, in order to get larger volumes of patients some form of treatment. And training up redeployed staff with no critical care experience to do the bits of jobs within the limits of their capability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

The military are yeah, but their medical services are not huge. I know they're asking London trusts to volunteer critical care staff, which I really don't understand as we don't have enough within the hospitals as it is! There's been a shortage of critical care nurses for many years.

I just don't see how it's possible. Especially if patients are being brought in by ambulance, you're then operating as an emergency department with all the triage that goes with it.

I am sure it's possible to help take pressure off the hospitals with these field hospitals, but the numbers certainly don't add up for me.

Once a bed and Apparatus becomes free...how do you disinfect  them...how long does it take...???

Not wanting to be morbid..but if we have ca 200 coronaVirus deaths, per day does that mean 200 beds and apparatus,become ready  available...???

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Once a bed and Apparatus becomes free...how do you disinfect  them...how long does it take...???

Not wanting to be morbid..but if we have ca 200 coronaVirus deaths, per day does that mean 200 beds and apparatus,become ready  available...???

Our clinical cleans take about an hour at the moment, so not long.

Although if the next patient is confirmed positive anyway, I suppose it might not even need a proper deep clean.

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Cheers for that, thought I’d try Asda Thurmaston after reading your post, I haven’t been in a supermarket for getting on 2 weeks now, changed somewhat but was ok, soap, deodorant, beans, tomato sauce and it looked like bog roll were all out but other than that a decent supply again.

No queueing up to get in but one bit of riff raft in their had no idea of social spacing while chomping on a pork pie no doubt from his trolley while walking around. Takes all sorts I guess.

Petrol 102.7 p a litre, when did that happen?

3 minutes ago, promised land said:

Cheers for that, thought I’d try Asda Thurmaston after reading your post, I haven’t been in a supermarket for getting on 2 weeks now, changed somewhat but was ok, soap, deodorant, beans, tomato sauce and it looked like bog roll were all out but other than that a decent supply again.

No queueing up to get in but one bit of riff raft in their had no idea of social spacing while chomping on a pork pie no doubt from his trolley while walking around. Takes all sorts I guess.

Petrol 102.7 p a litre, when did that happen?

Below a quid at Costco over the road if you have a card. Global demand has slumped. And Russian and Saudi Arabia are having a domestic as well.

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

I tell you what one of the only good things to come out of this current shit situation is Webbo....

....having you finally back on FT mate. You've been missed :thumbup:

Webbo who? :unsure: 

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

Our clinical cleans take about an hour at the moment, so not long.

Although if the next patient is confirmed positive anyway, I suppose it might not even need a proper deep clean.

Wouldnt the CV bacterias/virus,be hard to suppress in the breathing apparatus and pipes & modules.??

Not wanting to Play silly-buggers, but if one knows he needs breathing support,one doesn't go in with Empty head or thoughts,even when cronically ill...

I have had 3 life Saving operations,so I am Not asking out of ignorance...but still out of balanced curiosity..!

29 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Below a quid at Costco over the road if you have a card. Global demand has slumped. And Russian and Saudi Arabia are having a domestic as well.

Is Costco price plus vat?

Often thought about a card but at £26 a year I wouldn’t get enough back just on fuel.

I don’t need 24 cans of beans at a time either so I’d rarely shop for food as it’s all bulk but. I haven’t been in Makro for over 10 years and that’s about the same.

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not if we all stop indoors, if you’ve not got  it now and you stop indoors for 4 weeks, everyone who’s got it now will have either recovered or died

Sadly, lots of people don't have that option. 

23 minutes ago, promised land said:

Is Costco price plus vat?

Often thought about a card but at £26 a year I wouldn’t get enough back just on fuel.

I don’t need 24 cans of beans at a time either so I’d rarely shop for food as it’s all bulk but. I haven’t been in Makro for over 10 years and that’s about the same.

Do you know what I'd have to check my receipt to check. 

We only got ours for fuel but tend to pick up, shower gels, bath stuff, dishwasher tablets etc they are also a bit cheaper on bottles of wine when you work out the individual price. Maybe not by loads but enough to make it worth it when we are there for fuel anyway.

But I guess if you don't do many miles it's probably not worth it, but it tends to always be at least a couple of pence a litre cheaper than the supermarkets which is obviously a good few ownce cheaper than Branstons and parker's so we save a few quid every tank I guess. Just thought I'd mention it.

It is nice to see the lower prices tho. How long it lasts who knows.

Wish it was still 33p a litre lol

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

The military are yeah, but their medical services are not huge. I know they're asking London trusts to volunteer critical care staff, which I really don't understand as we don't have enough within the hospitals as it is! There's been a shortage of critical care nurses for many years.

I just don't see how it's possible. Especially if patients are being brought in by ambulance, you're then operating as an emergency department with all the triage that goes with it.

I am sure it's possible to help take pressure off the hospitals with these field hospitals, but the numbers certainly don't add up for me.

The armed forces have been tasked to do a fair bit already; logistics, infrastructure amongst other things. Plans are being made for people to be on standby for checkpoints for further lockdowns, security should it be needed (crowd control etc). There’s currently a lot going on in the background regarding the forces, depending on what future situations require. 

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Think I might have played a blinder actually.

Started coughing a bit today and blowing my nose (pretending) and the missus and kids shit themselves thinking I've now got Corona.

She tells me to immediately self isolate in my office and keep the door closed for two weeks.

Feel a bit guilty considering people are genuinely dying of this, but what a result.

You can only play that card once mind

Edited by Heathrow fox

3 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Had same sort of experience at Sainsbury about 7pm last night. 
Easy. 

That’s good to hear Hopefully I might get all my shopping off them then that I ordered online earlier 

Edited by jammie82uk