Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Your chances of getting infected like this are very slim, especially with a virus load big enough to give you serious disease. Most cases are caught by touching contaminated surfaces and from saliva particles from another person within 2 metres of you.

If it is as infectious as the article makes out then this pandemic will be over very quickly as most of the population will catch it in a very short space of time. 

Can't do link, but there is a very fascinating show from two years ago on BBC iplayer  called "Contagion the BBC four pandemic". If you have a hour to watch it's like they knew what was coming. So accurate. Sorry if someone has already mentioned this.

7 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Can anyone else see restrictions always being in place from now on? I really can't see anything ever going back to 'normal'. This will have changed people, the thought of going football, few pre match pints sounds like a dream right now.. 

Flu season will soon become covid/flu season. We just need to get past the start.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Considering it’s a virus that no one knows anything about or what really started it, how can anything be dismissed. No one in a million years is going to tell the world it’s a biological war and the Chinese started it, it’s not in the worlds interest to know.

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Your chances of getting infected like this are very slim, especially with a virus load big enough to give you serious disease. Most cases are caught by touching contaminated surfaces and from saliva particles from another person within 2 metres of you.

If it is as infectious as the article makes out then this pandemic will be over very quickly as most of the population will catch it in a very short space of time. 

Is there anywhere you could direct me to a link that confirms this? My employers aren’t really taking this shit seriously at the minute. 

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

They could well be being illogical and "panicking" (not sure of the word use there but not sure of a better one) and be lying about it, it's perfectly plausible. What I don't think is that it is a certainty in the way that has been displayed here (opinion being stated as fact on something like this pisses me off, frankly) and that doesn't change that it's a poor political move overall IMO.

And yeah, when I see comments criticising China with nary a mention of what other governments have or haven't done that has resulted in the spread of this virus in their own countries, in the absence of conflicting information I am going to infer that commenter doesn't think the latter worthy of discussion and as such unimportant. Qualifying one's remarks is a good thing to do.

Yes, China should take the lion's share of the blame for this situation starting off and building into the firestorm it has become. But they're hardly the only guilty party in this matter and I will continue to point that out when people ignore it.

Root cause is to blame, I don't think you can dispute that, regardless of what happened afterwards.

Do you sing the red flag every night before bedtime?

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Considering it’s a virus that no one knows anything about or what really started it, how can anything be dismissed. No one in a million years is going to tell the world it’s a biological war and the Chinese started it, it’s not in the worlds interest to know.

If that was proven,  there wouldn't be much of a world left.

Guest MattP
7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Hi @leicsmac, did that job offer come from someone that goes by the name of Mr Xi?

We're supposed to just believe at some point a switch was flicked and they suddenly decided to start being honest halfway through the problem

FB_IMG_1585657441004.jpg

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Something isn't right with this.... Not any mention whatsoever of Oxiris Barbot - The Health Commisioner of New York telling people to go and support Chinatown for their Lunar New Year celebrations on Feb 9th, saying "I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus."... And “As we gear up to celebrate the Lunar New Year in NYC, I want to assure New Yorkers that there is no reason for anyone to change their holiday plans, avoid the subway, or certain parts of the city because of coronavirus.” - Just to add, there was already enough evidence that Coronavirus was highly contagious going back to December and January...

Nor Nancy Pelosi encouraging people to gather and celebrate in San Francisco, or Chair of New York City Council health committee Mark D.Levine saying "In powerful show of defiance of #coronavirus scare, huge crowds gathering in NYC's Chinatown for ceremony ahead of annual #LunarNewYear parade. Chants of "be strong Wuhan!" If you are staying away, you are missing out!" 

Then there was New York City Council speaker Corey Johnson who urged the public “It is important to support the Chinese community in New York City. Unfortunately many businesses and restaurants in Chinatown, Flushing, and Sunset Park are suffering because some customers are afraid of the coronavirus. But those fears are not based on facts and science. The risk of infection to New Yorkers is low. There is no need to avoid public spaces. I urge everyone to dine and shop as usual.”

They've spread misinformation of much more consequence then any of the "little people" yet aren't facing any consequences for doing so. Meanwhile, people simply questioning the contradictions are getting their FB and Twitter accounts suspended!!??

I think people can be forgiven for thinking there is something massively underhand going on here, regardless of whether they believe in conspiracy theories or not.

Edited by Kendal Fox

3 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Something isn't right with this.... Not any mention whatsoever of Oxiris Barbot - The Health Commisioner of New York telling people to go and support Chinatown for their Lunar New Year celebrations on Feb 9th, saying "I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus."... And “As we gear up to celebrate the Lunar New Year in NYC, I want to assure New Yorkers that there is no reason for anyone to change their holiday plans, avoid the subway, or certain parts of the city because of coronavirus.” 

Nor Nancy Pelosi encouraging people to gather and celebrate in San Francisco, or Chair of New York City Council health committee Mark D.Levine saying "In powerful show of defiance of #coronavirus scare, huge crowds gathering in NYC's Chinatown for ceremony ahead of annual #LunarNewYear parade. Chants of "be strong Wuhan!" If you are staying away, you are missing out!" 

Then there was New York City Council speaker Corey Johnson who urged the public “It is important to support the Chinese community in New York City. Unfortunately many businesses and restaurants in Chinatown, Flushing, and Sunset Park are suffering because some customers are afraid of the coronavirus. But those fears are not based on facts and science. The risk of infection to New Yorkers is low. There is no need to avoid public spaces. I urge everyone to dine and shop as usual.”

They've spread misinformation of much more consequence then any of the "little people" yet aren't facing any consequences for doing so. Meanwhile, people simply questioning the contradictions are getting their FB and Twitter accounts suspended!!??

I asked this the other day ...... is there any evidence that the CNY celebrations in early feb contributed to New York’s problems over a month down the line?  until it’s all over and studies have been done, it’s surely wrong to make assumptions?

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I asked this the other day ...... is there any evidence that the CNY celebrations in early feb contributed to New York’s problems over a month down the line?  until it’s all over and studies have been done, it’s surely wrong to make assumptions?

Based on the measures world Governments have taken - social distancing, lockdowns, not allowed to go out more than once a day, etc I'd say thousands of people congregating shoulder to shoulder with people who have travelled back from where the virus emerged in recent weeks as well as going to shops and restaurants in the area up until Mid-March would have contributed greatly. That's if what they're telling us about how the virus spreads is true of course.

Put it this way, how can people now spread it to each other if they are less than 6 feet apart or even get it from touching surfaces that might have been infected with Covid 19, yet 6 weeks ago, when congregating with thousands of others, some of whom had just come back from China, couldn't have caught it?? Again, I'm just using their own criteria to surmise this so it could be wrong. And if so, just what is going on?!

Also, it's the principle. Those health officials and politicians told people to do the exact opposite of what we are being told now... That is unacceptable, surely you see that, no?

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

On 30/03/2020 at 02:14, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52087113

Sounds like he had to be browbeaten into this decision, but hopefully it will reduce the amount of casualties.

NB. Oh, and @Kendal Fox, the "left" in the US are blaming Trump for the response here because he is supposed to be the one in charge - or so he says, anyway. Nothing more. Oh, and distributing vital resources based on political whims rather than where actually needs it, too.

It's the lack of honesty though. Both sides need to hold their hands up and admit they've made mistakes. Democrats are in charge in New York and they've made mistakes.

1 hour ago, stix said:

Is there anywhere you could direct me to a link that confirms this? My employers aren’t really taking this shit seriously at the minute. 

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations

Here you go. WHO article so straight from the horses mouth :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Normally hate conspiracy theories but what's happening at the moment does make you think . It ticks all the boxes of that the nut jobs warned us about . Control the population, weakening of econimies, cashless society etc

Couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I love listening to Icke. 

He's very listenable. Genuinely passionate. Love his scepticism and refusal to bow to authority and the masses. And there's grains of truth in what he says amidst all the 99% of mumbo jumbo. 

I concur.  I also believe he is a Leicester fan!

2 hours ago, simFox said:

Root cause is to blame, I don't think you can dispute that, regardless of what happened afterwards.

Do you sing the red flag every night before bedtime?

Exactly, it’s akin to noticing a fire in your house (because your kids have done something stupid/irresponsible), getting as much of your family out ASAP. Then ignoring it for a while and not calling the fire brigade until your neighbours houses have already started to burn down. Maybe you didn’t like them much so never mind. 

A bit of a far fetched analogy but it sums it up for me.