Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else slightly disappointed they've not been furloughed? 

60 at our place were furloughed yesterday. I got kept on, but 'asked' to take a temporary pay cut, which means my wage equates to the same as the furlough amount. 

So I work. They get 12 weeks off. And we get the same!

My work is down to a skeleton staff but those kept on who earn more than the furlough amount have been asked to take a pay cut. The cut depends on what your salary is. I have had to take one but it means I will make abit more than the furlough amount but not much more. The way I am looking at it is work is very quiet and I am at home so it’s not too bad. As long as my wage goes back to normal when it can. I feel lucky to be deemed important enough to stay on as it stands, could all change next week though.

Edited by Unabomber

Need some advise please. My dad is being discharged from hospital today following quite a big operation. I haven’t been in contact with anyone besides my girlfriend who I live with since the lockdown. However I have to go and pick him up and take him to his house. I will then have to go over maybe once a day to help him. How does this comply with the current guidelines? 

Edited by Unabomber

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Need some advise please. My dad is being discharged from hospital today following quite a big operation. I haven’t been in contact with anyone besides my girlfriend who I live with since the lockdown. However I have to go and pick him up and take him to his house. I will then have to go over maybe once a day to help him. How does this comply with the current guidelines? 

Just take all the precautions you can, it’s allowed as you are effectively his carer.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I would ask the hospital,  after an operation his immune system could well be lowered,  ask before  you pick him up contact with you might not be best. Good luck. 

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

First of all wish him all the best. 

My advice here is to just be as careful as possible, if you can get some hand sanitizer and use it before you enter his house so you won't be leaving any germs around and even when in the house try to keep to the social distancing requirement of a couple of metres. It you have to cough go outside to do it.

The pick up is obviously the hardest part but just do the same and try to keep as much distance as possible. 

I've had to deliver meals and supplies to some vulnerable people and that's the action I've been taking during this, if it's essential its the only thing you can do.

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

Assuming your door handle is infected with coronavirus is actually a good idea - do that and it should focus the mind to wash your hands as soon as you come in, touching nothing else and keeping the inside as clean as it can be.

39 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thanks guys. I guess it is a necessity so just need to be as careful as I can. I have no symptoms but still concerned. 

All the best to him Una, he needs you so being super careful is the best option.  

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

You're going for medical needs/tending to vulnerable so there should be no issue here. 

Hope he's okay :)

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

A rat with scales is not my definition of cute.

A curiosity..

Pangolins are not Rodents..

But funny enough..Customs officers use Rats to search ships for illegal stored Pangolins...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

Anyone have a view on conspiracy theories of this epidemic?  Came across this yesterday.

David “son of God, lizard people” Icke? I always find people either don’t really pay attention to conspiracy theories or they seem to believe all of them. I think in general a belief in conspiracies says more about the person than the theory. Numerous studies show certain traits pop up more often amongst theorists....

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180925075108.htm

That is not to say some may not be true but I haven’t seen anything compelling with regards to Covid-19. X 

Edited by RumbleFox