Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, st albans fox said:

Well there won’t be any holes ......

A guy on his own had his own 'stick' to put in the holes when he got to the green. Unless your'e jesting and it's gone over my head :P

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

A guy on his own had his own 'stick' to put in the holes when he got to the green. Unless your'e jesting and it's gone over my head :P

No I’m not - all course would have filled in the hole on the greens. They aren’t going to dig out their own cup as would be vandalism 

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Another 768 hospital patients have died with coronavirus in the UK, the Department of Health confirms

684 today isn't it?  And that includes 110 from Wales where they are catching up historical data.

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

BBC are reporting 768

Today’s dept of health number less yesterday’s is indeed 768

i noticed that Italy’s toll today was 420.  That’s with them about ten days ahead of our curve and having had a tighter lockdown than we have ..........

Anyone else received a text like this? Not sure if it’s genuine or not...

NHS Coronavirus Service: Your condition means you may be at high risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please remain at home until the end of June unless a healthcare professional tells you to leave. You will get a letter from the NHS to confirm this
Support is available for you if you need it to get help with getting food and basic care. Please complete this short form to tell us whether you need this: www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
If you cannot sign up on the website, call us on 0800 028 8327
The NHS is still here for you. You will get the care you need, but it is more likely to be via phone or online

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

NHS Coronavirus Service: Your condition means you may be at high risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please remain at home until the end of June unless a healthcare professional tells you to leave. You will get a letter from the NHS to confirm this
Support is available for you if you need it to get help with getting food and basic care. Please complete this short form to tell us whether you need this: www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
The NHS is still here for you. You will get the care you need, but it is more likely to be via phone or online

I seem to remember early on some one posted something similar. 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

I seem to remember early on some one posted something similar. 

Yeah, done a bit of digging and apparently it's genuine :( 

I take Immunosuppressive drug injections so kinda expected it but thought I'd have received the text/letter a few weeks ago at least.

No way I can stay in the house until the end of June, I'll go insane.

42 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

BBC are reporting 768

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Today’s dept of health number less yesterday’s is indeed 768

i noticed that Italy’s toll today was 420.  That’s with them about ten days ahead of our curve and having had a tighter lockdown than we have ..........

Apparently the difference is the 75 or so deaths reported late in Wales ..... if they are from more than a week ago then I can understand why the media would want to take them out of the daily numbers which generally have only a dozen or so deaths more than a week old. 

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Listen Izzy, given how supportive you’ve been to others on this forum there’ll be a queue of FTers willing to get your shopping and wipe your arse if needs be.

Put me down for the supermarket run if needs be 👍 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Listen Izzy, given how supportive you’ve been to others on this forum there’ll be a queue of FTers willing to get your shopping and wipe your arse if needs be.

Put me down for the supermarket run if needs be 👍 

Can't believe you didn't volunteer to do the arse wiping instead mate.

Very unlike you :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Mobile pubs, best idea I’ve seen yet, and the fvckin government ban it.

Must assume sarcasm, my detector has been broken for a while and cannot get to Maplin cos of the lockdown

I think some of the extra traffic on the road over the last week has been due to more people going back to work. I’ve heard of a few companies reopening for limited staff after the first period of furlough ended. 

Round my way people are still sticking to the regulations, some bending the rules slightly like taking their dog for two walks a day but still sticking to the social distancing. 

@Crinklyfox have you had these texts from the NHS saying you can’t go out of the house until end of June? I’ve just had another one...

NHS Coronavirus Service: You can open a window but do not go outside your property. Ask others to take rubbish to bins and to walk any pets.

If you need a repeat prescription, order online via the NHS app or your GP's online services https://www.nhs.uk/health-at-home

Please ask your family, friends or neighbours to pick up your prescriptions from a pharmacy. Remind them to leave them outside your door.

Wash your hands more often, for at least 20 seconds after contact with anything from the outside and moisturise after.

We will send you more messages with information. This service is automated, to opt out reply STOP.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

with this song playing in the background, I hope...

Seriously though buddy stay safe and look after yourself. If you go out, even if it’s just for a walk consider wearing an N95 mask maybe?

• Thanks 1

Few thoughts, in the back of an ambulance at the moment.

Still totally slammed in London, but it feels more like a stable, coping slammed as opposed to a few weeks ago.

ECMO network still incredibly busy, never seen anything close to it!

My wife is coming to work at my trust next week as she used to be an icu nurse and we are still in desperate need of any with experience. Hopefully not on my unit lol.

Missing my family, as we all are. The thought of not seeing them for months and months is hard to take as we expect to have covid patients until next year.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

Few thoughts, in the back of an ambulance at the moment.

Still totally slammed in London, but it feels more like a stable, coping slammed as opposed to a few weeks ago.

ECMO network still incredibly busy, never seen anything close to it!

My wife is coming to work at my trust next week as she used to be an icu nurse and we are still in desperate need of any with experience. Hopefully not on my unit lol.

Missing my family, as we all are. The thought of not seeing them for months and months is hard to take as we expect to have covid patients until next year.

Hope you both stay safe, and thank you x

Missus just got back from work and said the council dropped off a box of assorted ppe for them free of charge. Good stuff considering it's a private home. Very nice of them. 

Edit, was supposed to be the good deeds thread, my bad. 

Edited by Innovindil
  • Like 1