Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, Milo said:

I could do with the tips/recycling centres opening, tbh.

Pretty easy to control on a one car in-one car out basis. 

And the council workers that sit in their sheds never come out anyway! 

And they would definitely be washing their hands on a regular basis.

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I understand it would be useful in work if youre spending a long time with the same people.

I just dont get why people freak out if you pass them within 2 meters if you're just walking past them. I assume this is the "where possible" that the government tall about.

Whenever ive had to do it i just cloae my mouth, smile and give a nod. You know the type you do at work when youve already used "morning" once

I suppose im just getting frustrated with it all and certain people are annoying me more than they usually would :D

On my walks I've passed lots of people they nearly all can't resist speaking a greeting or thanks of some sort. When you pass some of them even 6ft away and you can smell the smoke/perfume coming off them my mind is more of is 6ft enough?

As I'm doing it for my own protection more than there's then I'm happy to stay as far away as I can from everybody.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Milo said:

I could do with the tips/recycling centres opening, tbh.

Pretty easy to control on a one car in-one car out basis. 

And the council workers that sit in their sheds never come out anyway! 

If you've got an hour to spare, the queues are usually long enough during normal times when there's very little if any restriction on the numbers allowed in. I'm happy to wait.

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's still 1000 deaths a day equivalent though, the UK has never been that high. Frustrates me that all you ever see is reports that frames us as the nation coping the worst. It's impossible to benchmark everything equally to form that opinion. 

But the 185 deaths are from many days which have been missed from previous figures and is a one off addition 

their normal daily total is around 25/35

the pop of Ireland is 5m

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, davieG said:

On my walks I've passed lots of people they nearly all can't resist speaking a greeting or thanks of some sort. When you pass some of them even 6ft away and you can smell the smoke/perfume coming off them my mind is more of is 6ft enough?

As I'm doing it for my own protection more than there's then I'm happy to stay as far away as I can from everybody.

There is your problem, 6ft is 173.1mm too close. No wonder you can smell their perfume.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I cannot stand whinging, moaning, lying nurses like this. This woman works at Brighton, I have a lot of friends there, they have ample PPE and they are really mindful to make sure everyone gets break cover. If she isn't peeing it's her own fault. She's also mental and films herself sobbing on twitter and this is her second interview already.

Yes the job is very tough right now, but we are well supported and we are FINE. This is our ****ing job. Articles like this just send the wrong message to the public.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/icu-nurse-critical-care-nhs-hospital-coronavirus-covid-19-ppe-a9477486.html?fbclid=IwAR31fUMq0jHI7iLaV3Gd4eX3Mzs1D4TqUU6CsG_SdFwlVe2XJmPacICR0Nw

It's all lies mate. As I said earlier in the thread, the same things have been said about some local hospitals, yet a family member works there and has ample PPE. So unless certain wards are getting all the PPE, someone's lying for clicks!

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's all lies mate. As I said earlier in the thread, the same things have been said about some local hospitals, yet a family member works there and has ample PPE. So unless certain wards are getting all the PPE, someone's lying for clicks!

My wife says it’s people on the clean wards complaining about PPE. Begging for social media attention.

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The WHO has said that there's no evidence that antibodies produced by infection are protection from re-infection. If that's true, then doesn't it debunk the whole idea of herd immunity and give the human race a big problem? 

Not really eventually natural selection will kill those who can't handle the virus and it will be eradicated that way. To those who are vulnerable though... Good Luck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The WHO has said that there's no evidence that antibodies produced by infection are protection from re-infection. If that's true, then doesn't it debunk the whole idea of herd immunity and give the human race a big problem? 

Is there evidence to the contrary?

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No. There's no evidence either way so they're just saying that. 

I would have thought patients responding well to factor from recovered patients, was some kind of evidence, or is that me putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5?

28 minutes ago, String fellow said:

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Is there evidence to the contrary?

There was a very small study where they infected rhesus monkeys and then tried to reinfect them after recovery and found that they couldn't.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.13.990226v1

• Thanks 1

I was at blood donors a couple of weeks ago, which I would have thought was a lower priority than hospital wards, and they had all the PPE required. All wearing masks, gloves, plastic aprons. Didn't seem like there was any shortage. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I cannot stand whinging, moaning, lying nurses like this. This woman works at Brighton, I have a lot of friends there, they have ample PPE and they are really mindful to make sure everyone gets break cover. If she isn't peeing it's her own fault. She's also mental and films herself sobbing on twitter and this is her second interview already.

Yes the job is very tough right now, but we are well supported and we are FINE. This is our ****ing job. Articles like this just send the wrong message to the public.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/icu-nurse-critical-care-nhs-hospital-coronavirus-covid-19-ppe-a9477486.html?fbclid=IwAR31fUMq0jHI7iLaV3Gd4eX3Mzs1D4TqUU6CsG_SdFwlVe2XJmPacICR0Nw

What an attention seeker, that must be annoying as hell for your colleagues there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I was at blood donors a couple of weeks ago, which I would have thought was a lower priority than hospital wards, and they had all the PPE required. All wearing masks, gloves, plastic aprons. Didn't seem like there was any shortage. 

The picture is different everywhere.

Leicestershire appears to be relatively unscathed in some ways - though there are sections of our clinical community that haven't had the PPE they need until very recently and at one point in recent weeks the hospitals received a consignment from the centre of completely the wrong PPE.

In some other areas things are considerably worse though. Some Trust's are resorting to measures they'd never ordinarily take to attempt to any PPE. They're scrambling blindfolded in the dark.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Go for the biscuits

You only go for the biscuits 

Go for the biiiiiscuits....

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I would have thought patients responding well to factor from recovered patients, was some kind of evidence, or is that me putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5?

I imagine this will be revealed by the study of 20k families which is being undertaken .... I assume they will ask at the outset if people think they’ve had it and check their antibodies fro evidence ...... 

My wife works for a large hospice, lots of patients have it (about 25%) and lots of staff either have it or off sick with symptoms. they were having big problems with ppe and testing last week. To the point of being scadolous really, nurses were getting seriously disgruntled. But this week they to have got their acts together on both fronts (PPE and testing staff).

• Like 1

Today’s england deaths seem v high but looking with some detail, there appears to be approx 100/150 extra which are from before last five days compared to previous figures.  So today will show as an increase anomoly, especially as the next couple days can be expected to give a smaller than accurate number re weekend reporting ......

I guess we’re following the Italian and Spanish numbers which stayed stubbornly high for a 10/14 days after they expected a lower amount. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Today’s england deaths seem v high but looking with some detail, there appears to be approx 100/150 extra which are from before last five days compared to previous figures.  So today will show as an increase anomoly, especially as the next couple days can be expected to give a smaller than accurate number re weekend reporting ......

I guess we’re following the Italian and Spanish numbers which stayed stubbornly high for a 10/14 days after they expected a lower amount. 

I'll take any positives, and I think yesterday's numbers also seemed higher than expected due to Wales catching up with some numbers? 

Just read that the weekly death totals are still going down and are now 22% lower than our peak week. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

Guardian:

Here is some much-needed joy.

A six-month-old “miracle baby” born with a heart condition has recovered from coronavirus. Nurses clapped and cheered through tears as baby Erin was moved out of isolation at Alder Hey hospital having tested positive two weeks ago.

She remains in the Merseyside hospital for treatment for other ongoing conditions but is doing well, staff said.

• Like 1