Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've read it's to do with mental health, it relaxs people and give them something to focus on. Also gets them outdoors, for vitamin D, exercise etc.

Not forgetting the jobs and the value to the economy, apparently around half a million jobs, and the industry is worth around £25bn

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

So garden centres can open, where there are tills to go through, isles to share etc.

But golf courses which are literally large expanses of land can't?

Makes sense.

What's so important about garden centres opening?

I wonder if golf courses will be allowed to open where they can show an automated booking system exists with tee times twenty mins apart  and club houses remain shut. 

so you rock up in your car to a deserted car park and wander to the first tee. They might restrict to pairs max. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've read it's to do with mental health, it relaxs people and give them something to focus on. Also gets them outdoors, for vitamin D, exercise etc.

Golf also does those things and you don't need a garden. 

Just think someone with influence loves gardening lol

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if golf courses will be allowed to open where they can show an automated booking system exists with tee times twenty mins apart  and club houses remain shut. 

so you rock up in your car to a deserted car park and wander to the first tee. They might restrict to pairs max. 

Yes it will be something like that at first.

For the first few days of lockdown my club were allowing one balls if you booked online.

Police were behind it but ultimately jealous old folk and whiners got their way.

18 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

So garden centres can open, where there are tills to go through, isles to share etc.

Makes sense.

good point same with people not being allowed to go to the beach and such, surely if people keep there distance everyone can continue there life as before, its up to the government to provide the sanitisers and such that would help keep the spread down

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

good point same with people not being allowed to go to the beach and such, surely if people keep there distance everyone can continue there life as before, its up to the government to provide the sanitisers and such that would help keep the spread down

The beach is an issue. A golf course will have a max of 36 people on it at any one time in my scenario.   If you can guarantee that you can keep numbers on the beach across a mile to be 36 via a booking system then you’re onto something! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Makes sense.

Golf courses are also to open so I’ve been told.

Near me there was a gathering yesterday celebrating VE Day with military vehicles and the like and limited social distancing. We were offered a beer as we walked by.

Tossers celebrating winning a war 75 years ago but not prepared to play their part in fighting the war they face now.

Selfish cvnts.

• Like 3

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Near me there was a gathering yesterday celebrating VE Day with military vehicles and the like and limited social distancing. We were offered a beer as we walked by.

Tossers celebrating winning a war 75 years ago but not prepared to play their part in fighting the war they face now.

Selfish cvnts.

Did you enjoy the beer? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Selfish cvnts.

Who are these cvnts?

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Golf courses are also to open so I’ve been told.

Ah that's good news. Thanks for the info.

Is that from the 18th though?

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Ah that's good news. Thanks for the info.

Is that from the 18th though?

Apparently, no idea if true, outdoor sports will allow up to 4 people to play as long as they distance from 18th.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

IMG-20200509-WA0012.jpg

This event is fine as it’s for the media ............ 

note that the journo ensures he is in no danger whatsoever ...... reminds me of the crew from Madrid tv who got in amongst our piss heads in plaza mayor and encouraged them to light their flares, knowing that this would get the Spanish plod involved .........

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

20 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

IMG-20200509-WA0012.jpg

Principally each family-group are actually Keeping that required Length of  social-distancing...Camera perspective makes it look like street huddles...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Principally each family-group are actually Keeping that required Length of  social-distancing...Camera perspective makes it look like street huddles...

Missing the point - it’s an event .....they’re away from their houses at the same time as all their neighbours  .....it’s against the rules .....we would all like to have a big street party where we can have social interaction with everyone at 6 feet distance but we can’t ......if they were all in their front gardens at the same time then it’s ok as they are on their own patch 

I missed the memo where the govt said that was allowed yesterday.........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1