Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

"Stay alert will mean stay alert by staying home as much as possible, but stay alert when you do go out by maintaining social distancing, washing your hands, respecting others in the workplace and the other settings that you'll go to."

So literally no different and it's purely just a PR-esque brand update for their slogan? Wonder how much money was wasted for this lol 

25 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Being a polite cyclist myself, and one who mostly commutes to work on my bike I get just as miffed by walkers who have no idea how to distance themselves on a shared path. The amount of times a couple will split apart (having heard my bell) and stand either side of the path leaving me no option but to have to cycle between them. I thank them, and then curse under my breath. 
You are right in remaining very alert, if only everyone else shared the same mantra.

I have invested in a corvid-19 bell..It coughs & sneezes, you want to see the bastards ,they soon Jump out of the way...:jump:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

"Stay alert will mean stay alert by staying home as much as possible, but stay alert when you do go out by maintaining social distancing, washing your hands, respecting others in the workplace and the other settings that you'll go to."

So literally no different and it's purely just a PR-esque brand update for their slogan? Wonder how much money was wasted for this lol 

Cough,cough,nudge nudge..!!! Say no more!! A nudge  is as Good as a wink to a corvid-19 blind bat....

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The 14 day rule should have been brought in as soon as China had it. We had the perfect chance to say, if you want to travel you will be put in isolation for 14 days on touch down on UK soil, would have saved 1000s of lives.

My sister in law and her husband had to pull their flight to NZ forward a week and made it in with a few hours to spare, they were placed straight into isolation in an air b&b allocated by the state, they were left to rely on food parcels dropped on the door step, supermarkets were only allowed to sell essential items only, none of the old middle isle at aldi lol to the point when they wanted a bowl, they couldn't get one as it wasn't a food item.

That was the way to do it. We failed and at the cost of lives and the economy, not sure how we will look back on this in the future but I don't think it will be favourable that's for sure.

So many mistakes have been made in 2020 it's almost unforgivable.

The enquiry into this will reveal that cv got out of control in this country, not through foreign travellers visiting our shores but via returning travellers from n Italy during half term week.  It’s clear that some foreign travellers brought the virus here via air travel but the numbers would have been low and the initial track and trace methodology would have picked them up (and their subsequent contacts). The second stage of the virus in this country (always inevitable) would have been flatter had we not seen the half term spread. 

‘As soon as China had it ‘?  When was that ?   Anyway, the quarantine of visitors etc is usurped by the half term issue ....... of course any enquiry will always be subject to the charge that no one knows about the number of live infections brought in via airports ..... I’m content to trust the science on that. If the science disagrees then they will give evidence to that end.  Counties that brought in quarantine on travellers have some very differing outcomes .....

there is so much that we don’t understand about this virus that trying to make definitive judgements as we go along is fraught with danger and inconsistencies. 

whatever the govt do is likely to be wrong to a lesser or greater extent  ......that’s the way it is on this ........  it's inconceivable that they can do anything that will be judged to have been right because there is only downside given our circumstances etc. 

• Like 1

Hope there's some decent information tonight.

Also hope that they say they expect the number of infections to increase.

I cant be arsed with hearing the outrage when infections creep up when people are given more freedom. 

The longer this goes on the more I feel the best way out of this is infecting as many healthy people as possible while not overwhelming the health services.

If there's no immunity then theres no vaccine, so do we just stay like this till society crumbles?

• Like 1

Meanwhile in germany

The reproduction rate of the virus  has risen above one, causing concern days after some restrictions were eased.

The country's "R-value" - the average number of people a patient will infect - is now 1.1, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for disease control said.

last time it was approaching 1 it dropped back the following day. But this info significant as it’s a week after restrictions were eased.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Hope there's some decent information tonight.

Also hope that they say they expect the number of infections to increase.

I cant be arsed with hearing the outrage when infections creep up when people are given more freedom. 

The longer this goes on the more I feel the best way out of this is infecting as many healthy people as possible while not overwhelming the health services.

If there's no immunity then theres no vaccine, so do we just stay like this till society crumbles?

There is a Generation problem of discipline...

We have just had the 75 year aniversary/celebrations of VE Day few of that generation will still be alive..5 -8 ( due to rationing) years of survival..and needed National discipline...

We are not into 4 months,and its some  the fittest of People with a pathetic Media who are moaning,crying und blubbing..!!!  

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

What constitutes ‘bad health’

i have v mild asthma which rarely bothers me

if I had died then I would have had an ‘underlying heath condition’. 

I think it may get to a point where they need to be able to narrow these down.

My mum has asthma, she hasnt been tested, however 111 at the time and her GP seem fairly convinced she had it. Took her about 14 days from having it to get to a point where she didnt spend all day on the sofa.

From the data, age seems to be the biggest factor.

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People should take more responsibility for their own actions rather than making excuses like: "The Govt and media are sending mixed messages."

Even if the Govt had a message saying: "DON'T BE FVCKING DICKHEADS, IT'S A SERIOUS FVCKING PANDEMIC" people would still find excuses to do what they want.

That's true to be fair.

I've seen groups of lads congregating all ready on Humbo park. They would have gone it no matter. Just think the government needed to keep the pressure on.

I’d hope with tonight’s message being pre-recorded, it isn’t wishy washy interpret your own rules bullshit. 

Tonight we need the real Boris Johnson to please stand up. 

Be firm

Be clear

Be concise 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We have just had the 75 year aniversary/celebrations of VE Day few of that generation will still be alive..5 -8 ( due to rationing) years of survival..and needed National discipline...

We are not into 4 months,and its some  the fittest of People with a pathetic Media who are moaning,crying und blubbing..!!!  

You prefer that life stops for however long it takes to produce a working vaccine?

I went for a run this morning and I'm slowly starting to get p!ssed off with ME having to move onto the toad for every fecking dog walker who just carry on walking. Yes I know you've got your dog but atleast say thank you to me for moving on to the road..cvnts

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Whatever he says people will choose to interpret in their own ways.

It is like you are suggesting a vocal minority are stupid, self-centered and incapable of empathy.

:o

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What a load of b*llocks.

Needs must. 

I'm sure if the country was subject to bombs we'd see a different response than a virus which by and large only kills off the vulnerable.