Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Major social networks are rushing to take down a new coronavirus conspiracy theory video which has rapidly spread across the internet.

The so-called "Plandemic" video is edited in the style of a documentary, with much higher production standards than many conspiracy videos.

The video is filled with medical misinformation about where the virus came from and how it is transmitted.

Despite efforts to remove it, users are constantly re-uploading the clip.

Since the 26-minute video first appeared earlier this week, it has exploded across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other websites, prompting an attempt to remove it.

Among its claims are that the virus must have been released from a laboratory environment and could not possibly be naturally-occurring; that using masks and gloves actually makes people more sick; and that closing beaches is "insanity" because of "healing microbes" in the water.

Such claims are not supported by reliable medical and scientific advice.

The video also suggests that the number of deaths is being deliberately falsified, in order to exert control over the population.

The video has been viewed millions of times across multiple platforms. Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo have all removed versions of it from their sites.

But such efforts may benefit the film-maker, who claims that there is a large-scale conspiracy to hide the truth.

In a post saying the 26-minute video is an excerpt from a future full-length documentary, he urges readers to download the video directly and re-post it elsewhere, "in an effort to bypass the gatekeepers of free speech".

Since the pandemic began, the social networks have all had to adapt their content policies to deal with potentially dangerous misinformation.

Twitter said it would remove "unverified claims" that could prove dangerous, while Facebook has brought in new tools to point users towards reliable sources of information.

YouTube said it removes "medically unsubstantiated diagnostic advice", and this video was removed for making claims about a cure for Covid-19, even though it is not backed by health organisations.

The people that will believe this crap will all be seeing it as it gets shared by their conspiracy theory platforms .....

those of us who have a few extra brain cells will be spared the nonsense 

so taking it down spares a small number of impressionable people out there who aren’t currently on the ‘nutters circuit’ ........

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

Trust the public.....

Three people who travelled from Berkshire to the Dorset coast for a day out sparked a major rescue operation after getting cut off by the tide.

Lifeboats, a helicopter, ambulance and police were involved in the rescue of two of them from cliffs at Old Harry Rocks near Swanage on Thursday evening.

The third person had swum to Studland Bay to raise the alarm.

Swanage Coastguard said the apparent breach of lockdown restrictions was being dealt with by Dorset Police.

The coastguard report said the three had travelled from Slough and walked from Studland to the famous rock formation when they got cut off by the tide and ended up in the sea.

A call was made to emergency services at about 19:45 BST.

Swanage RNLI said the two rescued from the cliff ledge had suffered cuts and scrapes and all three were checked over by paramedics after spending some time in the water.

"To help protect the public and our volunteers, we urge people to take care at the coast and follow government guidelines to travel and exercise close to home," an RNLI spokesman said.

Isn't this the Field Trip episode from the Inbetweeners?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well the Wales announcement has laid out the three increments...

Garden Centres to open

Exercise more than once a day but local

Allow local authorities to plan for opening of libraries and waste and recycling centres...

Over to Boris now to follow suit and not go any further... they’ve announced early hoping to keep Boris in check it looks like! 

Pretty much what we can expect from Boris.

We are though approaching crunch time for many people on furlough. If there is no plan to reopen business in some way and retail by the 1st June then, even though the scheme extends to the end of June firms employing more than 100 people will have to decide around 18th May whether or not to make people redundant due to the statuatory period of negotiation for redundancy.

Without a clear plan for retail and business we are likely to see a very big spike in redundancy claims unless the government is prepared to extend the furlough scheme even further. Something they don't want to do unless I've missed something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That’s all I’m expecting for England 

the big question will be whether you can meet with ‘local’ friends outside if you maintain social distancing?  

if they go with that then many will be content but that still leaves families unable to meet if not local. 

and they will remind business’ that they can operate if they can maintain social distancing 

I think all of this this will be spot on.

The meeting 'local' friends outside will be limited to 4 people though. 

For any businesses of scale there will be really strict requirements put in place. The HSE will be all over this and I would suspect that most businesses who are still working effectively with full or most WFH will err on the side of caution and carry on as is for the foreseeable future. 

Deaths announced for day 2 are always the highest number on the release of data 

the past three days in England have seen that number at 120/124 each day.  So were remaining flat on deaths. We need to see that reducing before they can justify any sig moves on lockdown .... I expect they can see where that’s going ahead of time via new admissions into ITU which is falling on a consistent basis in London but much more slowly elsewhere.  

we may have missed the way forward on this by not imposing a more draconian lockdown for a couple weeks as they did in Italy and Spain (and had throughout in France) 

this may mean our route out of lockdown is slower than these other countries but our mental experience in lockdown was less severe ......

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This whole situation is causing a lot of relationship drama. I know so many people who are considering what they've achieved, if themselves and their partner are right for each other, do they want to get married and have kids, should they break up etc. I think people should try and ride it out until lockdown over, it's not helping people think straight and a lot of emotions are all over the place.

I’ve got a mate that got dumped and kicked out mid lockdown. They were about a month away from completing on a house at the time.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve got a mate that got dumped and kicked out mid lockdown. They were about a month away from completing on a house at the time.

****ing mental mate. Worst thing is she might well regret it in a couple of months when this is all over.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Imagine a world where a sociopath like the one who made this video (because this is far more than simple ignorance, the video itself is far too finely crafted for that; it's a deliberate attempt to mislead and put people at risk for personal gain which for me is textbook sociopathy) actually manages to have this much leverage.

It’s really no different to half the movies that come out of Hollywood. We’re all being fed information that could be true or it could be a lie in one format or another. The original war of the world’s was a classic example, broadcast on the radio in 1938 as a normal radio show being interrupted by news flashes of aliens taking over the world, people were believing it to be true and it caused panic amongst listeners.

Seems like the public lockdown is officially over.

A lot not applying the distancing recommendation during this bank holiday.

A pub locally even seems to be still operating, albeit giving drinks to customers on their outside tables.

Edited by Wymsey

I would find it unlikely that people who've been following the lockdown will suddenly just start going back to normal, especially before confirmation of changes. It's more than likely going to be people who've not followed it since it began.

If people are allowed out more, you'll see it for longer too. I wouldn't expect a massive increase in numbers right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Garden centres!!! Can’t wait to rush down to one of those. Ffs

The near us does hot tubs. Just saying....

18 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

like watching the fu cking tour de france off my balcony today, never seen so many people go past in one day 

We’ve had people round here  sitting at the end of their drives having parties for VE Day, something I’ve never seen before in my life. Everyone’s gone fvckin mental

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

I would find it unlikely that people who've been following the lockdown will suddenly just start going back to normal, especially before confirmation of changes. It's more than likely going to be people who've not followed it since it began.

If people are allowed out more, you'll see it for longer too. I wouldn't expect a massive increase in numbers right now.

you’d think so but from what i can literally see in front of me that’s not the case. 

it’s probably the weather. and the area i live in. i think a decent chunk of the flats etc. round this part of town are “young professionals”, either singles or a couple of mates living together. the area with beer gardens by the canal etc. has been very busy today. some of the beer gardens are about half full with folk taking their own cans and having a normal bank holiday weekend. 

everyone’s had enough, the fu cking stupid newspapers have told us “lockdown is ending” and people have given up. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

you’d think so but from what i can literally see in front of me that’s not the case. 

it’s probably the weather. and the area i live in. i think a decent chunk of the flats etc. round this part of town are “young professionals”, either singles or a couple of mates living together. the area with beer gardens by the canal etc. has been very busy today. some of the beer gardens are about half full with folk taking their own cans and having a normal bank holiday weekend. 

everyone’s had enough, the fu cking stupid newspapers have told us “lockdown is ending” and people have given up. 

Yeah same here. We live in a no through road estate so all the traffic literally lives here. It's gradually got busier over the last week and today has been like a normal working day never mind a bank holiday. 

• Like 1