Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

On a serious my wife is heavily pregnant and I too am thinking of breaking lock down when the baby arrives so I can visit my dad with him (he will be our first). I've been very disciplined up till now but am desperate to share this with him. 

Don't do it , I haven't seen my kids or grandkids for eight weeks and it's hard.

New grandson was born on 17th April and haven't met him yet, but at least when this is over I will be able to say I did my bit and was not one of the aasholes that did as they please.

Integrity intact.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Nalis said:

But Paul the Octopus was accurate was he not?

Yes ...  very accurate ...   something like 12 right out of 14 I think ....  perhaps we should have put two bowls of food out for him with Lockdown on one and No Lockdown on the other ...    

I think the gist of it is Mc Pantsdowns predictions were historically not that good and is yet another subject to be chewed over by the press ...   recriminations, accusations and general finger pointing seem to be the hot topics every day ...   personally I find it slightly irritating and depressing ...   at the end of the day we are a very small island with about 67m people crammed on top of it and whatever we do we are probably going to look worse than many other European countries.   

• Like 1

Guest MattP
29 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

On a serious my wife is heavily pregnant and I too am thinking of breaking lock down when the baby arrives so I can visit my dad with him (he will be our first). I've been very disciplined up till now but am desperate to share this with him. 

I don't think anyone would hold that against you. In that position I'd do the same.

Guest MattP
28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And seeing it this morning is also the first time Sturgeon has heard about it. I know many don't like Scotland or the devolved nations or whatever but surely while the UK is still as it is, the leaders of other countries should probably be kept informed of such changes :dunno:

She was being kept informed earlier in the campaign despite leaking stuff to the press, then moving her press conference to 2pm so she could announce things first and look like she was "leading the UK" was probably the last straw for the government.

Just now, MattP said:

She was being kept informed earlier in the campaign despite leaking stuff to the press, then moving her press conference to 2pm so she could announce things first and look like she was "leading the UK" was probably the last straw for the government.

Yeah our government have a great record at not leaking to the press as well though, right?! 

Just cos she had her conference's why did it look like she was 'leading the UK'? Was she just not giving out instructions for her own country? Obviously not watched every single second of her press conferences so can't say for sure... 

36 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

27 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Don't do it , I haven't seen my kids or grandkids for eight weeks and it's hard.

New grandson was born on 17th April and haven't met him yet, but at least when this is over I will be able to say I did my bit and was not one of the aasholes that did as they please.

Integrity intact.

If you guys live nearby they could pop round to give you a look through the front window, seen a lot of people doing that with newborns during this to satisfy both problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yeah our government have a great record at not leaking to the press as well though, right?! 

Just cos she had her conference's why did it look like she was 'leading the UK'? Was she just not giving out instructions for her own country? Obviously not watched every single second of her press conferences so can't say for sure... 

Score points Sturgeon would never miss a trick to belittle or embarrass the government ...   apart from the fact she looks like wee willy krankey and hates the English, she is a reasonable leader ...   definitely a big step up from Salmon the octopus. 

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

'Stay alert'

...cos your country needs more lerts :thumbup:

I just don't get it when the advice is to continue to stay at home and save lives?! 

When you look at the images of the last few days there's not a chance you can hope people stay at home under lockdown rules when you take that key message out of the slogan that's been used over the past 6-7 weeks. 

It just lacks common sense. Government have had a mare here. I mean what does 'stay alert' even translate too in practical terms? Have people round your house but don't forget to stay alert!! 

At least stay at home had a definitive and direct message and instruction. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I just don't get it when the advice is to continue to stay at home and save lives?! 

When you look at the images of the last few days there's not a chance you can hope people stay at home under lockdown rules when you take that key message out of the slogan that's been used over the past 6-7 weeks. 

It just lacks common sense. Government have had a mare here. I mean what does 'stay alert' even translate too in practical terms? Have people round your house but don't forget to stay alert!! 

I understand it to mean that as some of the rules are relaxed slightly, people need to remember to stay alert. I don't think anything announced tonight is going to include having people round your house, but we're potentially going to be able to go out for longer, and to a few more places than we have been so far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah, I agree really.

As soon as the 'Stay at home' message isn't enforced anymore, people will be out and about again.

Most sensible, law abiding citizens who've stayed at home were probably scared about the police catching and fining them so they did as they were told.

As soon as you remove that consequence, it'll just be back to business as usual.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I understand it to mean that as some of the rules are relaxed slightly, people need to remember to stay alert. I don't think anything announced tonight is going to include having people round your house, but we're potentially going to be able to go out for longer, and to a few more places than we have been so far. 

I know, but it paves the way for people to be more flexible when it's not right. 

What exactly does stay alert mean? I know you won't be allowed people round your house but saying stay alert instead of stay at home, to me, almost gives people a green light to be more easy-going. 

Even though some rules have been eased, removing the stay at home message at this time is wrong. Especially given they've only been marginally eased? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, I agree really.

As soon as the 'Stay at home' message isn't enforced anymore, people will be out and about again.

Most sensible, law abiding citizens who've stayed at home were probably scared about the police catching and fining them so they did as they were told.

As soon as you remove that consequence, it'll just be back to business as usual.

And I think those that were teetering on losing patience or losing their minds will almost feel like some kind of relief now that the stay at home message has gone. 

We always knew the pressure would build up and the government would loosen things up ..   probably too quickly ...   to avoid trouble ...    hopefully the second big spike won’t happen or we’ll really be in the sh1t.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does it not refresh the mind thou, how many people subconsciously have switched off to seeing the words “Stay Home, save lives, protect the NHS”

It’s been 6 to 9 weeks of lockdown and people even the good 1s get complacent, they go to supermarket and are probably not as cautious in the shop as they were 6 weeks ago, they go home and after unpacking and sitting on the sofa or whatever suddenly go shit I forgot to wash my hands after being out, it’s easily done.

Therefore to me “Stay Alert” just refocuses the brain to switch back on to the message

If you don’t think the mind doesn’t get complacent ever wondered why the highways agency spend a fortune on signage for new road layouts or why supermarkets change store layouts, it’s been so long we are all currently on auto-pilot drifting from day to day.

Plenty of other things to worry about than a slogan, I’m sure we’ll cope after all we all managed to understand what stay at home meant even thou it didn’t say “Stay at your own home” 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Our generation really do not know they are born. Celebrating VE Day on Friday. Perfectly fine but ignoring lockdown rules is a joke. 

Imagine being in a real lock down during the war with potential bombs dropping on your heads. Some people need wake up calls. Ignorant arseholes. 

I have family in the police force and NHS. 

Friday night they received 600 calls for police to attend coronavirus lockdown disturbances and A&E was the busiest it has been since the lockdown started. 

****ing joke.

Reports of "street parties" in many place all to do with VE day.

Sorry but the bank holiday should have been cancelled and the so-called celebrations postponed to next year.

Our daily rate of new infections is still really high despite weeks of lockdown. Now we have a new slogan, apparently leaked to the Telegraph, which sends out no clear message whatsoever..

What we need to hear tonight is a clear path to trying to get back to some kind of normality with dates that can clearly be moved, if needs be, as we progress over the next few weeks.

People need some hope, business needs some hope and structure. We are sitting on a cliff edge of mass scale unemployment. We need a leader to lead and a governement to step up  now. Yes it is difficult but these people chose to be politicians, wanted to be in government, now they need to show they are capable of doing so,

• Like 1

The recent rise in people out, people driving around, and a sunny VE weekend, exacerbated by click bait news from a slight whisper of easing of lockdown measures, truthfully or otherwise, was always going to result in this type of behaviour sadly.

If this begins to result in a spike, the measures must become punitive in my opinion, just in order to drive people back into a lockdown. :(

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, I agree really.

I'm staying at home because i'm scared of catching this bastard and I'm sure as hell going to stay alert on my daily walk as it's now impossible not to be passed by so many people walking, congregating and cycling unlike at the start of this when you'd be unlucky to see more than a couple of people.

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know, but it paves the way for people to be more flexible when it's not right. 

What exactly does stay alert mean? I know you won't be allowed people round your house but saying stay alert instead of stay at home, to me, almost gives people a green light to be more easy-going. 

Even though some rules have been eased, removing the stay at home message at this time is wrong. Especially given they've only been marginally eased? 

Wow!!!!!

UK Communities Minister Robert Jenrick defended the change, saying it was "right to "update and broaden" the message.

"Stay alert will mean stay alert by staying home as much as possible," he told Andrew Marr.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

On a bit of a semi related point, I hope after all this the general public are more sensible about using the NHS in an appropriate manner to give A&E / out of hours services a bit of breathing space.

Our eldery neighbour had a bad fall last week and said A&E was more or less empty, as you would imagine anyway.

You get some using A&E like some sort of doctors surgery and likewise you get out of hours surgeries sometimes being used out of convenience because people dont want to book time off work or its something a pharmacist can assist with.

The NHS need more money from the government but the public have to play their part too. 

The worried well are all at home worrying about getting covid-19 from hospital.  The nhs is working well below capacity at the moment. Maybe it'll change the way we use the nhs, I doubt it though.

• Like 1