Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just been to asda, all very civilised and socially distanced.  Grandma. Mum and kid all wearing gloves.  Mum scoffing a sausage roll.

Just a couple of questions

Do you have superpowers that mean that the virus's that you dont want on your hands are fine on a sausage roll you are about to eat?

How hungry are you that you can't wait until you get home?

Relax the lockdown and let cretins like this loose.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Missing the point - it’s an event .....they’re away from their houses at the same time as all their neighbours  .....it’s against the rules .....we would all like to have a big street party where we can have social interaction with everyone at 6 feet distance but we can’t ......if they were all in their front gardens at the same time then it’s ok as they are on their own patch 

I missed the memo where the govt said that was allowed yesterday.........

Yep your right,my bad....I forgot UK is Not yet ,so open...:nono:

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've read it's to do with mental health, it relaxs people and give them something to focus on. Also gets them outdoors, for vitamin D, exercise etc.

As does golf and if you play like me, social distancing is not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sat on the front garden/drive yesterday and chatted to a few neighbours with a few beers.

Unbelievable what a bit of human contact with no tension in the air can do for the general mood.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

Random q -how is everyone's productivity in respect of jobs around the house? Have loads of small jobs to do but even in lockdown I cant be arsed doing any of them.

Me too.  At the start of lockdown I made a list of stuff I was gonna do.  It 's still as long as it was on day one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Principally each family-group are actually Keeping that required Length of  social-distancing...Camera perspective makes it look like street huddles...

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Missing the point - it’s an event .....they’re away from their houses at the same time as all their neighbours  .....it’s against the rules .....we would all like to have a big street party where we can have social interaction with everyone at 6 feet distance but we can’t ......if they were all in their front gardens at the same time then it’s ok as they are on their own patch 

Yep, took the words from me!

I very much doubt it was constantly 2m apart throughout the day as well. There's bound to have been some crowd/gathering where people thought 'it's fine, I won't get the virus' which is partly why we have the death numbers we have now :( 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, pleatout said:

Just been to asda, all very civilised and socially distanced.  Grandma. Mum and kid all wearing gloves.  Mum scoffing a sausage roll.

Just a couple of questions

Do you have superpowers that mean that the virus's that you dont want on your hands are fine on a sausage roll you are about to eat?

How hungry are you that you can't wait until you get home?

Used to do the tills at Sainsburys Fosse Park back in the student years and it was far more common that you thought.

Off the top my head I had customers arrive at the checkout asking me scan the empty box or packet of....

Easter Eggs

Fruit Salad

Sandwiches

Tin of Tuna

Packet of ham from the deli 

And the ultimate one was an open case of Carling of which he had drank two doing his shopping.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Used to do the tills at Sainsburys Fosse Park back in the student years and it was far more common that you thought.

Off the top my head I had customers arrive at the checkout asking me scan the empty box or packet of....

Easter Eggs

Fruit Salad

Sandwiches

Tin of Tuna

And the ultimate one was an open case of Carling of which he had drank two doing his shopping.

What a coincidence thats exactly what I got through,at Sainsburys just as they brought in lockdown,und closed the snackbars & restaurants...:banana:

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

Easter Eggs

Fruit Salad

Sandwiches

Tin of Tuna

Really! Who the fcuk takes a tin opener to do the weekly shop!!!

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

"We would all like to have a big street party " Only good thing about lockdown is not having some shitty street party 😁

15 minutes ago, stix said:

Really! Who the fcuk takes a tin opener to do the weekly shop!!!

A very  experienced & weary but wise Traveller like me..:celebrate:

Edited by fuchsntf

Why would you bother opening clubs and bars if you're going to freak out when the virus spreads. I'm not having that scientists and leaders in the country didn't expect it to happen.

Would be interesting to hear if the closures are from media pressure or if they genuinely didn't expect there to be further spreading haha.

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

A COVID-19 positive man walks into a Seoul bar...

I expected a better punchline afterwards tbh :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well I’m going back into isolation. Just been to collect some food from Narborough Road and one of the finest local ladies was squatting for a piss (I’m hoping it was a piss) behind Greggs.

I was at Narborough road, it was like there was no lockdown at all.

Did you get the women's phone number, she is class lockdown poooon.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I was at Narborough road, it was like there was no lockdown at all.

Did you get the women's phone number, she is class lockdown poooon.

Oh yeah was absolutely mad down there, felt like a normal day.

And no, no and absolutely no.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh yeah was absolutely mad down there, felt like a normal day.

And no, no and absolutely no.

Tell me about it.

You lie, you don't want to share her, remember hoars before bros man, what a let down.:nono:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well I’m going back into isolation. Just been to collect some food from Narborough Road and one of the finest local ladies was squatting for a piss (I’m hoping it was a piss) behind Greggs.

I can't be the only one that remembers the toilets by the bookies on the corner with Hinckley road got turned into a fvcking kebab shop?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

From what I've seen (if it's true), the rules aren't allowing partners from different households to see each other until August.

I mean if I didn't live with my gf now I'd probably still be seeing her. I'll openly admit that. 

Edited by z-layrex