Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

28 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I may be tempting fate here, but I don't think there's been a sustained second wave anywhere in the world yet. There's been the odd clusters crop up especially in Asia which respective countries have been managing to keep on top of. 

My concern is the fact we're still hitting several hundred deaths a day and people are mixing "more" than they were. I'm concerned we'll have a spike of infections or deaths due to this. 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

My concern is the fact we're still hitting several hundred deaths a day and people are mixing "more" than they were. I'm concerned we'll have a spike of infections or deaths due to this. 

True, this is basically what’s happened in a lot of American states. 

Just now, Lionator said:

True, this is basically what’s happened in a lot of American states. 

With the 6 cases detected in the prem being asymptomatic, you wonder how many of the general public have the virus whilst being asymptomatic  and have been meeting friends or ignoring lockdown for celebrations. 

Admittedly an incredibly pessimistic view, but its a genuine concern. 

36 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Only listened to a few minutes, but he’s talking a load of nonsense. Claims there are no excess deaths, etc.

He goes into talk about Bill Gates killing children in India and hoarding a vaccine. Vaccines are poisoning people. One-world government. It's not as bad as flu. 5G damages your health etc.

Its proper tin-hat looney stuff. He's an even bigger nutter than his brother.

Edited by Sampson
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Getting over an ICU admission takes months. Let him be.

None of us know for sure but I personally think that the level of illness a prime minister would need to be at in order to receive additional medical care is likely a lot lower than the average man on the street. So I’d urge everyone to keep that in perspective.

He had some oxygen to assist with his recovery but let’s not pretend he was in a coma on a life support machine/ventilator.

I don’t doubt that coronavirus is an illness that will take some getting over and time to get back to 100% normality but if he’s not fit to do the job then maybe he should step aside?

The country needs a prime minister more than ever right now and if Boris is not fit enough to lead in the way he should be then that needs addressing. After all, if any of us were on sick pay or subject to a company policy we wouldn’t remain on full pay whilst we took as long as we felt we needed to recover would we?! 

• Like 2

Just seen Brazil's new cases and deaths figures after its government said a week.ago that they're a month away from food shortages due to the lockdown and yesterday saying Sao Paulo's healthcare system is on the brink of being overwhelmed and collapsing. It'll be 2,000+ deaths a day in a week or so at this rate and only get worse from there.

Have a horrible feeling with all the horror we've seem in China, western Europe and the US in the past few months are going to be nothing compared to Brazil. Millions could end up dead there from the virus, healthcare collapse and famine. :(

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

I thought criticism of politicians was a banned subject on this thread?

"No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc"

Message added by Mark

Yeah, don’t discuss politics or politicians on the biggest political issue of the last 70+ years.... :whistle:

Like it or not, the impact of this pandemic is intrinsically linked to a number of political decisions and events over the last few years. So it’s absurd to try and separate the two.

Forums like this are at their best when there is reasoned and articulate debate/discussion happening and this is one topic where everyone should have an opinion and a perspective and be encouraged to share that (after all we’ve all been impacted by it). I’ve not seen anyone overstep any mark yet - plenty of opinions I disagree with but each and every one valid.

We have a freedom of speech in every day society so I’ve no idea why that would need to be restricted on a football forum!

• Like 3

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I may be tempting fate here, but I don't think there's been a sustained second wave anywhere in the world yet. There's been the odd clusters crop up especially in Asia which respective countries have been managing to keep on top of. 

Presumably because they have efficient testing regimes, and contact tracing? We really need to get this up and running ASAP. 

On similar note, I can't see past regional variation/controls in managing this going forward. The 'we're in this together' motto will need to shift towards individual communities. For instance, the North East and West seem to have a higher r than the Midlands and South. We might see something of a spike in cases in, say, Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough since the national lockdown was eased, at least relative to other areas of the country. If we detect this north east spike, and it drives r over 1, it seems pretty silly to shut down the economy in London and the South when you could isolate only the North East. Perhaps tricky to do practically, but it seems a sensible option if it is possible to do. 

34 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He goes into talk about Bill Gates killing children in India and hoarding a vaccine. Vaccines are poisoning people. One-world government. It's not as bad as flu. 5G damages your health etc.

Its proper tin-hat looney stuff. He's an even bigger nutter than his brother.

And David icke

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

UK: 'hold my beer' 

It would be great if a second wave would be avoided. For anywhere. For weeks on end I thought it was inevitable but fingers crossed it's avoided and the most it is would just be clusters here too. 

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

UK: 'hold my beer' 

It would be great if a second wave would be avoided. For anywhere. For weeks on end I thought it was inevitable but fingers crossed it's avoided and the most it is would just be clusters here too. 

Even if there is a second wave it's surely not going to be anywhere near the size of the first. Most people are behaving still and measures are still being taken by work places. 

The hundreds of idiots flooding beaches needs to be viewed in the context of normality. It's shite that they are there, but it's nothing compared to the tens of thousands at Cheltenham/sports stadiums/concerts etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Image result for summer is coming

Judging by yesterday It's already been and gone. I don't know if you are familiar with the British weather but 9 years out of every 10 we only get one day of summer anually. 5 months Winter, 1 month spring, 1 day summer, 6 months autumn.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Judging by yesterday It's already been and gone. I don't know if you are familiar with the British weather but 9 years out of every 10 we only get one day of summer anually. 5 months Winter, 1 month spring, 1 day summer, 6 months autumn.

Yes, but this year we are obeying Sod's Law, so as there is a pandemic, we will be blessed with endless sunny days, or maybe those sunny days are caused by 5G, I just cannot keep up.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Even if there is a second wave it's surely not going to be anywhere near the size of the first. Most people are behaving still and measures are still being taken by work places. 

The hundreds of idiots flooding beaches needs to be viewed in the context of normality. It's shite that they are there, but it's nothing compared to the tens of thousands at Cheltenham/sports stadiums/concerts etc etc. 

Here's an idea, while we're still in a state of semi-lockdown and have some form of control, how about we let people go to the beaches where, as we all know, you don't exactly sit on top of each other, and monitor to see if there is an increase in virus cases, human guinea pigs, so to speak. Someones got to test the water.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Here's an idea, while we're still in a state of semi-lockdown and have some form of control, how about we let people go to the beaches where, as we all know, you don't exactly sit on top of each other, and monitor to see if there is an increase in virus cases, human guinea pigs, so to speak. Someones got to test the water.

Seems to be exactly what we're doing tbf. Relaxing enough to let idiots be idiots and normal people still feel like they can carry on. Hopefully it works out to less than r1 and we crack on like this and pray for a vaccine? 

Wouldn't do that on English beaches, kung flu would be the least of your worries. lol

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Not true. And people aren't mixing anything like as much as they were pre lockdown, which gave us our peak of infections and therefore deaths.

Screenshot_20200520-132315.png

Edited by Nod.E

This contact tracing apps not going to work is it, ministers are already saying we won't need it to track and trace which is another way of saying it's too complicated and won't work. We may as well just wear red or green hats. We could have red pubs, where you're only allowed in if you've got the virus and green pubs where red hats are banned. Bit like apartheid. 

• Haha 2