Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, my old man had a test recently and stated how straightforward it was, but concurs about the ouchy nose thing.

Hope you get the right result

I didn't realise it goes so far back haha!

Should be fine, a fever, fatigue and swollen tonsils are my symptoms so something has caused it. If it's the worst, then I fall into the least at risk category so not too worried at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Was tested at Birstall this morning after having felt rough on Sunday and Monday, booked it last night and straight in today. I must say for all of the criticism's I and many others have given, it's an incredibly slick operation there. Having it stuck up your nose bloody hurts though. 

Seeing stuff like this is reassuring against the threat of a second wave. We're so much more prepared than last time around that surely have now seen the worst of this.

It's nice to hear how simple the booking system is and to get a test should you require one. Do feel we're now better prepared to cope with either a second wave or another incident. 

I do question whether the fact we aren't always hitting the 100k "target" is partially due to people not wanting to reach out for a test.

Hopefully the results of your test are best case.

46 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why are these people not being fined?

Gets to a point where you need to start giving some power back to people to make correct decisions.

E.g. if I've been isolating in a house on my own for two weeks I should be able to meet someone who has been doing the same. We're not a risk to each other or others from doing that. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Was tested at Birstall this morning after having felt rough on Sunday and Monday, booked it last night and straight in today. I must say for all of the criticism's I and many others have given, it's an incredibly slick operation there. Having it stuck up your nose bloody hurts though. 

Seeing stuff like this is reassuring against the threat of a second wave. We're so much more prepared than last time around that surely have now seen the worst of this.

was tested last week at the ricoh arena (came back negative), can agree that the swab up the nose is bad. was in my car having a sneezing fit. had to test myself so had someone watching trying to hold the laughing in

all felt very black mirror and apocalyptic too

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A friend and his father were feeling ropey last week too, booked in at Hinckley and were there within the hour! Rapid turnaround, and both received results on Sunday morning (both negative), super stuff!  He also confirmed the nose procedure isn't really much fun. I think his description was it felt like sneezing half his brain out afterwards. lol 

Fingers crossed you get the negative result too!

Edited by Darkon84
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

was tested last week at the ricoh arena (came back negative), can agree that the swab up the nose is bad. was in my car having a sneezing fit. had to test myself so had someone watching trying to hold the laughing in

all felt very black mirror and apocalyptic too

Good stuff, although fingers crossed you didn't come away from there with anything worse!!! ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

70 schools in France have had to go back into lockdown? Not good.

We'll plough on regardless.

This is why there's so much opposition from doctors and teachers on this. Ask any teacher you know - schools are germ factories. Teaching staff are intermittently sick at the best of time and kids are efficient spreaders. 

I know some folk think that the opposition to re-opening is just teachers wanting an extended break, but that couldn't be further from the truth. 

Interestingly, the idea of opening parliament was floated and various unions were quickly involved. Turns out politicians don't want to be taking that risk.

Edited by foxile5

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We'll plough on regardless.

This is why there's so much opposition from doctors and teachers on this. Ask any teacher you know - schools are germ factories. Teaching staff are intermittently sick at the best of time and kids are efficient spreaders. 

I know some folk think that the opposition to re-opening is just teachers wanting an extended break, but that couldn't be further from the truth. 

Interestingly, the idea of opening parliament was floated and the parliamentary unions were quickly involved. Turns out politicians don't want to be taking that risk.

politicians are in a union?

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

70 schools in France have had to go back into lockdown? Not good.

Are you sure it’s 70 schools? I read 70 new cases within those 40,000 schools that reopened?

French media reporting that 7 schools have closed in Northern France. 

Edited by stix

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You take that back Stanley :mad:

image.png.1af25c5d35ea5bc6dbcb3da530f121be.png

Oh....it was CNN, my bad :blush:

Ive just read it. If you read further it states that the schools were closed because of positive cases in the wider community. It also says that 25 of those 70 schools that closed are in the same city, and that all 25 closed due to ONE positive case in the city. 

Oh, and it’s the only one saying 70 schools after a quick google search. Every other article says 70 cases. 

Edited by stix

Just now, stix said:

Ive just read it. If you read further it states that the schools were closed because of positive cases in the wider community. It also says that 25 of those 70 schools that closed are in the same city, and that all 25 closed due to ONE positive case in the city. 

I have been shamed by you @stix by @StanSP  and now by @foxile5 doing the very thing I hate :surrender:

29 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Anyone going to 'pick for Britain'?.

I will, if it’s strawberry’s or cherries.  Tin of carnation sat in the middle of a strawberry field would do me

Edited by yorkie1999

37 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Sorry not been watching the news for a while and been busy with baby. What’s this “Corona” shit everyone’s going on about? X 

Well rumble, according to the anti vax movement. 

Bill Gates chased a bat up a 5g mast above a fruit market he ate the bat but spilt some of its blood onto some fruit Market apples down below, a Chinese bloke ate one of the apples, he caught a nasty cold infection that everybody in the world will get, so that the government and the rich 1% can control everybody. 

Oh and most shops are shut. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2