Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

6 minutes ago, chinna said:

Not trying to offend anyone but why do people fall for this ****, it was the same in March with the anti body test that would be ready in days, then the deal the government did with dyson saying that ventilators would be made. 
They have lied all the way from the start.

thats why we have ended up the worst hit country in Europe.

We have antibody tests, but we don't know without trialing them how useful they are or if they work.

Weren't the ventilators not required in the end?

It's an unknown virus, we can't just create a cure or a 100% test within a few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chinna said:

Not trying to offend anyone but why do people fall for this ****, it was the same in March with the anti body test that would be ready in days, then the deal the government did with dyson saying that ventilators would be made. 

You're not offending me. They're both trials. I'm just glad this stuff is being looked at and worked on.

Finally the news seems to be about new developments rather than about complaining about stuff that's already happened

• Like 1

Think it is time the lock down was lifted, it has run it's course, doesn't seem right that many are denied being able to work, whilst the public are filling the beaches and beauty spots each day.

Keep the warnings of SD and other safety aspects as best as can be adhered too, and get on with it.

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nnickn said:

Think it is time the lock down was lifted, it has run it's course, doesn't seem right that many are denied being able to work, whilst the public are filling the beaches and beauty spots each day.

Keep the warnings of SD and other safety aspects as best as can be adhered too, and get on with it.

Maybe the people filling the beaches are ones that can't go to work because their businesses or wherever they are working aren't able to open up? And lifting lockdown might not change that for some businesses...

• Like 1

Yes some business wont be able to open up, those that can though, should be allowed.  Then they can perhaps drag back, over time, those that cannot at open at this time.

Lock down has to end at some time. 

1 hour ago, stix said:

We had a week shutdown at Easter, which has never happened before. Purely down to supply chain. It’s started to ease up abit now. Unfortunately though, when the business you work for puts all its eggs in RR basket, and then something like this happens, it’s a real uphill struggle. We’ve got service & maintenance teams permanently based up at RR in Derby, as the majority of the machines in their blade facility are our machines. There’s not much production going on up there at all. It’s not looking good for Civil Aviation and it’s supply chain this year. 

Feel bad for anyone with anything to do with the aviation sector atm. Getting an absolute tanking. Luckily the stuff I work on is still in demand. It's one of the advantages of doing the shite jobs that bigger companies won't take. 

It’s true we have plenty of customers who are in aerospace, seeing projects cancelled, staff furloughed all over the place. It’s not our core business but it’s rough for those folks. :(

1 hour ago, nnickn said:

There are mass graves being filled in Brazil, queues of ambulances in Moscow and bodies being dumped in the street in Quito. There is no rush. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

There are mass graves being filled in Brazil, queues of ambulances in Moscow and bodies being dumped in the street in Quito. There is no rush. 

I thought you would have understood I was referring to the UK

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

Agreed. 

I think its a British thing in a lot of respects. An 'ah **** it we' ll probably be okay' which works in a lot of scenarios but just isn't good enough in this instance. 

3 minutes ago, nnickn said:

I thought you would have understood I was referring to the UK

Which has had around 50,000 excess deaths. There's no guarantees at the moment, I don't see what the rush is.

• Like 2

They’ve been dead good at my place to be fair. Only restriction they’ve put in place is preventing cancellations of leave booked before all this kicked off which is more than fair enough in my view.

I have heard some company’s attempt mass pay cuts though, non successfully yet which is good.

The longer the lock down lasts, the more economic damage is done. I hope the people saying there's no rush aren't complaining when there's 3 million unemployed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The longer the lock down lasts, the more economic damage is done. I hope the people saying there's no rush aren't complaining when there's 3 million unemployed. 

We are more than lifted enough for the current statistics Webbo. With plans to open nearly everything in the next 10 weeks so long as said statistics continue to go down.

Time will tell it it’s a good idea or not but it’s an ambitious plan and will attract skepticism. 

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought you weren't getting into debates Webbers lol 

I am very concerned about the long-term economic implications, maybe more so than the virus. I just think we've seen what's happened here and in other countries, and as already said a million times England is a densely populated country many of whose citizens seem oblivious to social distancing rules. We seemingly prioritised short-term economic gain over health in early March and the result was that we're locked down even longer.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chinna said:

19103151_Screenshot2020-05-21at22_09_50.thumb.png.bd1587c025bab8028776317d65ec4607.png

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

19103151_Screenshot2020-05-21at22_09_50.thumb.png.bd1587c025bab8028776317d65ec4607.png

April 24th, I imagine it's changed since then.

By all accounts we have one of the worst (if not the worst?) excess deaths in Europe, as a percentage of the population. 

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Don’t believe that, the UK has the most excess deaths, you just need to look at Ons, thats the reason they pulled the graph from the daily briefing, did not start to reveal care home data till towards the end. And that’s why Johnson is no where to be seen.

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

April 24th, I imagine it's changed since then.

By all accounts we have one of the worst (if not the worst?) excess deaths in Europe, as a percentage of the population. 

I didn't see that, I thought that was dated May 20th from the search results, so ignore it I wasn't trying to mislead.

I believe that Sweden now leads the way for deaths per million but a lot of the European countries aren't so different from each other.

The Swedish guy, forget his name without looking it up, reckons that whatever preventative measures are taken, looking back in a year's time we will see similar results everywhere.

Just because of the reply to my post a couple of posts up, I looked up the 50,000 excess deaths figure to offer a source.

Apparently we had 50,000 excess deaths in the 2017/18 flu season. And I didn't even know about it until today.