Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha jesus. I know that a company can tell you when you have to take your holiday as long as they give enough notice. I'm not sure it's legal to remove your holiday entirely. Pretty sure there's a minimum you're legally allowed based on the number of hours you work.

Ah just saw you mentioned he's asked if you will voluntarily forgo it. 

I do think people could try and help their employers out after this if possible. It doesn't sound like he's done it the best way possible.

Surely you gather everyone (if possible) explain the situation and ask if people will be willing to forgo/delay holiday so that they can keep up on orders. You'll get some people that go "well it's my holiday, i'll have earned it" sure. The karen's. A lot of people would sympathise though I'm sure. It's amazing how bad some managers are at managing people haha.

Yeah we were suggested to take at least a third of our holidays by the end of June and leave no more than 10 in the last 4 months of the year.

I think thats fair enough balance as you dont want people taking the piss and saving 20-25 days off when we're back to a degree of normality with high workloads just because they cant go anywhere now.

Edited by Nalis
Suggested not told

34 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The corona response has been and continues to be excellent. It's everything else that's the ****ing problem. He's sent a letter out saying since we've all just had 7 weeks off, all holidays for the rest of the year are cancelled because we're behind on orders. 

This shite wouldn't fly in a McDonald's ffs, how he's expecting it to fly here is CRAZY. He said he's gonna come round and talk to everyone about it and get their input. It's been an hour and half and he's spoke to 3 people. lol

As long as everyone understands they all can't take, December as an example, off together then don't see why you all can't spread your leave between now & end of period, do you run leave Jan to Jan or April - April & will they allow you to roll any remaining days over into the next leave period?

I imagine reading the rest of your replies your boss will cave as he can't be doing with the agro he's currently getting, give him both barrels when its your turn lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah we were suggested to take at least a third of our holidays by the end of June and leave no more than 10 in the last 4 months of the year.

I think thats fair enough balance as you dont want people taking the piss and saving 20-25 days off when we're back to a degree of normality with high workloads just because they cant go anywhere now.

Aye we had something similar at our place. I think the vast majority accepted it for what it was. You'll always get a few that can't see the bigger picture.

I think if I had been on furlough for 2 months, i'd happily say. Give me 7/8 days holiday for the rest of the year. If someone told me or suggested I had to do that, I'd probably not be so accommodating. 

It's a bit like forced fun at work, if something happens naturally I like to get involved. If it's planned in "fun" then I can't be arsed with it haha.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The corona response has been and continues to be excellent. It's everything else that's the ****ing problem. He's sent a letter out saying since we've all just had 7 weeks off, all holidays for the rest of the year are cancelled because we're behind on orders. 

This shite wouldn't fly in a McDonald's ffs, how he's expecting it to fly here is CRAZY. He said he's gonna come round and talk to everyone about it and get their input. It's been an hour and half and he's spoke to 3 people. lol

It's at times like this you realise who are the great managers and blokes, and who are the idiots. He'll never get people to agree to that, and he probably knows it.

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha jesus. I know that a company can tell you when you have to take your holiday as long as they give enough notice. I'm not sure it's legal to remove your holiday entirely. Pretty sure there's a minimum you're legally allowed based on the number of hours you work.

Ah just saw you mentioned he's asked if you will voluntarily forgo it. 

I do think people could try and help their employers out after this if possible. It doesn't sound like he's done it the best way possible.

Surely you gather everyone (if possible) explain the situation and ask if people will be willing to forgo/delay holiday so that they can keep up on orders. You'll get some people that go "well it's my holiday, i'll have earned it" sure. The karen's. A lot of people would sympathise though I'm sure. It's amazing how bad some managers are at managing people haha.

We would all help, it's not the first time we've been in the shit and taken a hit to bail the place out, but he's asking too much. We've said we don't mind not taking holidays (or at least fewer) this year but we want the days back in the coming couple of years. But he's said he can't do that so we'd lose them. **** that noise. 

25 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

As long as everyone understands they all can't take, December as an example, off together then don't see why you all can't spread your leave between now & end of period, do you run leave Jan to Jan or April - April & will they allow you to roll any remaining days over into the next leave period?

I imagine reading the rest of your replies your boss will cave as he can't be doing with the agro he's currently getting, give him both barrels when its your turn lol

Looks like I'll have to wait for my turn, he's bailed the **** out of here like a pedo caught at a preschool ffs. He's supposed to be here til 4:30. lol

Edit: and our holidays run Jan-Jan :thumbup:

Edited by Innovindil
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Even if there is a second wave it's surely not going to be anywhere near the size of the first. Most people are behaving still and measures are still being taken by work places. 

The hundreds of idiots flooding beaches needs to be viewed in the context of normality. It's shite that they are there, but it's nothing compared to the tens of thousands at Cheltenham/sports stadiums/concerts etc etc. 

Beaches can look busy but still well within the 2 metre distance in open areas that our government has said people need to stick to. Tell a large population of people that and they are obviously going to go and do it. What else do you expect? Thankfully the majority of people would refrain from any really busy area as soon as they might be faced with it but even so it's likely to still be " within the guidance suggested ".

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Sounds like a moment of madness after looking at the order book, or getting a few noisy phonecalls from customers, unless he’s always been an arse. 

I’m just jealous that you’re behind on orders tbh! RR announcement yesterday has done us no favours at all. 

Now that Scotland has come up with its own "easing lockdown" roadmap, I wonder what catchy slogan they will come up with?

They obviously won't be saying "Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives", as that:

1. Is far too complicated a message for anyone to understand, and

2. It came from the democratically elected representatives of the United Kingdom, of which SNP wish they weren't a part.

How about: "Stay Scottish, Keep you distance from the English, Keep complaining" ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Now that Scotland has come up with its own "easing lockdown" roadmap, I wonder what catchy slogan they will come up with?

They obviously won't be saying "Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives", as that:

2. It came from the democratically elected representatives of the United Kingdom, of which SNP wish they weren't a part.

How about: "Stay Scottish, Keep you distance from the English, Keep complaining" ?

There has to be something about Boris not taking away their freedom surely..lol

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

How about: "Stay Scottish, Keep you distance from the English, Keep complaining and keep taking their furlough money” ?

A question for those that know more than I do. Are the government/scientists only looking for a vaccine? Would it be possible to find a way to weaken the virus, and would this be more achievable and a way to control the virus until a full on vaccine is found? 

I happy to be proven wrong and to get more understanding on this from people. 

16 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

A question for those that know more than I do. Are the government/scientists only looking for a vaccine? Would it be possible to find a way to weaken the virus, and would this be more achievable and a way to control the virus until a full on vaccine is found? 

I believe we started trialling 2 treatments in the UK today. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52737169

Hancock: Fast test being trialled

Matt Hancock says a faster form of swab testing - telling people if they currently have coronavirus - is being trialled from today.

It could give a result in just 20 minutes.

This could be huge news if it works.

Edited by filbertway

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I think they are looking at all options,  the government scientist at today's briefing has just mentioned vaccine can be either to stop you getting the virus or a vaccine could prevent the most vulnerable from death but still getting the virus.  My gut feeling is the vaccine we are testing at the moment and hopefully will be ready in September will not be a complete cure but will prevent you from  possible death and afterwards you would have the antibodies. 

16 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I think they are looking at all options,  the government scientist at today's briefing has just mentioned vaccine can be either to stop you getting the virus or a vaccine could prevent the most vulnerable from death but still getting the virus.  My gut feeling is the vaccine we are testing at the moment and hopefully will be ready in September will not be a complete cure but will prevent you from  possible death and afterwards you would have the antibodies. 

I think this virus is going to be with us forever, so if we can find a way to weaken it, it will as the government like to say: protect the NHS and hopefully save lives. Not everyone can be protected, sadly but if it just becomes a few that suffer complications, then we can move to a more normal way of life. If that is at all possible. 

Edited by fox_favourite

35 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I don't think there'd be much point looking for a half vaccine. If you're looking for a full vaccine and a half vaccine turns up then I guess they'd have to assess whether it's worth producing.

4 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Hancock spoke to Robbie Savage like Alan Partridge spoke to his builders.

9388133D-2C7E-4094-A7B7-43A513849D11.gif.f421febf22982964448a5a9709df1ffc.gif

many levels

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Erm, maybe that should be kept quiet as companies shouldn’t have furloughed staff if they had orders, something I heard will be checked out on due course

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Erm, maybe that should be kept quiet as companies shouldn’t have furloughed staff if they had orders, something I heard will be checked out on due course

Having orders =/= ability to fulfil orders. 

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Yup. 

We had a week shutdown at Easter, which has never happened before. Purely down to supply chain. It’s started to ease up abit now. Unfortunately though, when the business you work for puts all its eggs in RR basket, and then something like this happens, it’s a real uphill struggle. We’ve got service & maintenance teams permanently based up at RR in Derby, as the majority of the machines in their blade facility are our machines. There’s not much production going on up there at all. It’s not looking good for Civil Aviation and it’s supply chain this year. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I believe we started trialling 2 treatments in the UK today. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52737169

This could be huge news if it works.

Not trying to offend anyone but why do people fall for this ****, it was the same in March with the anti body test that would be ready in days, then the deal the government did with dyson saying that ventilators would be made. 
They have lied all the way from the start.

thats why we have ended up the worst hit country in Europe.

• Like 3