Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bit strong from the original posterlol Apparently a writer for the Guardian, account has since been deleted.

He's one half of Athletico Mince - the less funny half, the other being Bob Mortimer. Guessing he's done football pieces for the Guardian in the past, so 'Guardian writer' is a bit of a stretch; Michael Gove has also written opinion pieces for the Guardian in the past so that makes him one too (I'm not sure what this means).

Andy Dawson also did the very sweary but vaguely amusing 'Get in the Sea' thing on Twitter, but if this is meant to be in a humourous vein it's excitingly ill-judged

• Like 1

I see Boris pulled out the old readers to convince us that temporary blindness is now an after effect to the virus. It's like a living in a real life spitting image parody. If cummings was suffering from vision problems why didn't his wife drive...don't tell me...she doesn't drive...as if.

Finding the pictures of beaches, parks etc trying to portray a lack of social distancing just for likes/clicks quite annoying. If you take a photo straight on, the further in the distance people are the closer they appear to be to each other.

Was in a park yesterday and a picture was online having a subtle dig at the 'hoards' of people. It looked packed in the photo but not once did I see people sitting within 2 metres of another group. 

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This story is not going away, it's gaining momentum.  Newsnight was a good watch.  If the status quo continues I think the pair of them will be out.  Long may this continue.

A straightforward apology and an honest account would have put an end to it.

Trouble is now that it's too late. The window where serious political damage could have been avoided has been slammed shut. If he doesn't sack Cummings, it'll run and run as you've said. Every time you go on Twitter another Tory MP has called for him to stand down, and the press aren't letting it drop.

If, however, he sacks Cummings then a whole new pack of problems arise.

Cummings will have no problem in throwing Johnson under the bus, he'll have made the Cabinet ministers look even more ridiculous and the government will look weak and changeable as they did with the NHS surcharge issue.

A government that is seen to be reactive rather than proactive, only doing the right thing when forced to do so, isn't going to be popular for long.

• Like 1

If the UK’s “lockdown” rules allow infected persons to drive 260 miles, possibly endangering unsuspecting people along the way, and risking spreading the infection to previously uninfected regions, perhaps it’s not surprising that it has one of the highest death rates in the world.

Viewed from afar, the UK seems like a basket case. Sorry.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If the UK’s “lockdown” rules allow infected persons to drive 260 miles, possibly endangering unsuspecting people along the way, and risking spreading the infection to previously uninfected regions, perhaps it’s not surprising that it has one of the highest death rates in the world.

Viewed from afar, the UK seems like a basket case. Sorry.

Wigston isn’t that remote.

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha fair enough, please continue to mock our shambles.

Yeah, I should probably butt out. I often think that perhaps this isnt any of my business, but sometimes a view from outside is welcome. TBF I still have close family over there, not to mention stranded financial interests.

Phased opening of schools continues over here in Korea, two million kids going back today. Sadly it also coincides with the biggest daily case count - 40 - in a couple of months. Hopefully it's just the remainder of the fallout from the Itaewon fiasco and can be contained properly.

Also there's been some rather stringent travel restrictions put on foreign visa holders over here, so I doubt I'll be going anywhere for a while. :(

Edited by leicsmac

13 hours ago, String fellow said:

I used to think that scruffy, bonkers, anarchists were the preserve of the loony left. Cummings has made me think again. What must world leaders think when they see someone walking into No.10 with his shirt-tail hanging out, advising Boris on what to do? Is the country safe, when the PM's chief adviser seems to think that the best way to test your eyesight is to go driving on a 60-mile round trip? I wonder how many of the electorate are starting to regret giving Boris his big win at the last GE?

you do realise that Boris...

this Boris

Amiera on Twitter: "Boris Johnson saying anyone else looks ...

is your PM... Im going to guess he rest of world isnt laughing at Cummings

Guest Markyblue
35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The latest you gov poll has seen Labour nearest to Tory for years 

Anyway, this was incredibly powerful watch on BBC last night. (You know that nasty MSM source) 

Over 4 years to an election,  virus gone ,people on holiday, big bounce back hopefully who's gonna care about some bald headed dickhead.

3 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Over 4 years to an election,  virus gone ,people on holiday, big bounce back hopefully who's gonna care about some bald headed dickhead.

I like your optimism but this won't be forgotten for a very long time. 

And without wanting to make it in to politics too much, there's Brexit still to sort out too...! 

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Leaving the journey up to Durham itself aside, I'm curious as to what you make of the idea Cummings changed/falsified information on his blog to make himself look like more of an expert on coronaviruses and their provenance in order to pad out his story, @BlueSi13?

There was a bit upstream about it but a main story is here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52808059

I'm not sure that the UK should have people pretending to have scientific expertise on this matter, there's enough trouble happened from that Stateside.

I believe he edited the blog to include some points previously referenced via links?  Still a bit of a prat.