Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youri Tielemans

It's quite likely we will eventually find out why he has struggled this year. It's probably a combination of things (I've speculated on a few, almost certainly inaccurately), but there may have been a single root cause.

I'm so happy to see him playing a good 90 minutes, it's like a weight off the shoulders, even if he isn't quite hollow-cheeked yet.

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Compare him to his peak, he is slimmer.  Having abs means jack

No. It really does. Means his body fat has to be under ... what 15-13% he’s also a sublime passer of the ball and uses his head, he ain’t the headless chicken maddo can be. See his turn last game? Pirlo, xavi and inniesta couldn’t move, never bothered them. I know he’s not in that league but you get my meaning. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, casablancas said:

No. It really does. Means his body fat has to be under ... what 15-13% he’s also a sublime passer of the ball and uses his head, he ain’t the headless chicken maddo can be. See his turn last game? Pirlo, xavi and inniesta couldn’t move, never bothered them. I know he’s not in that league but you get my meaning. 

You sure this is the Youri we've been watching this season?

....Youri is this you....?  Love you man.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Been mentioned before but I heard around xmas time there were about 6 lads playing with painkilling injections! My money is on tielemans being one, along with Maddison chilwell vardy Evans and Ricardo 

Never heard that before but it certainly would explain a few players who lost form. Vards, Chilwell, Youri, Madders, maybe Wilf, at a guess.

Thanks for pointing that out, it was news to me. I hate the idea of injections, I hope they are more careful with them than in the past.

On 18/07/2020 at 22:05, Lesta2014 said:

Been mentioned before but I heard around xmas time there were about 6 lads playing with painkilling injections! My money is on tielemans being one, along with Maddison chilwell vardy Evans and Ricardo 

Definitely runs like someone high on morphine.

• Like 1

At first i couldnt understand why we were so lucky to sign him. Then as the months have gone on, its more and more obvious why "bigger" clubs didnt get him.

He's a potential rough diamond though. At least no one is going to come in for him and we have the chance to create one hell of a player. If Rodgers is capable of that.

10 hours ago, TK95 said:

Why is he on corners? when was the last time he delivered a dangerous ball

Yesterday, delivered a good corner that Morgan won and Vardy had a back heel cleared off the line.

Since the restart Evans, Soyuncu and Ndidi have missed some absolute sitters from set pieces (not sure if Tielemans was on them then though)