Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youri Tielemans

He has great skills but he lack of pace is glaring. He needs to counter that fact by using the ball earlier. DeBruyne isn't the fastest man on earth but he doesn't get dispossessed like YT.

Rodgers isn't helping him by expecting him to defend. He lacks the speed, height and know-how for that. He really needs to be an AM who doesn't need to defend but with our "2 wingers" formation that isn't possible especially when Maddison is far better going forwards (and backwards) than he is.

I think he and BR will sort it out but it's frustrating to see at the moment with so much great potential there. Thankfully he's a young man and hopefully humble enough to go and work on his weaknesses during the sumer.

His lack of pace is glaring, I agree with FIF, I didn't have confidence in him on the counter (when he should have played Barnes in) but the bigger thing for me is fitness. Even after a break he looked knackered again last night.

We need better defensive cover when Ndidi doesn't play. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought first half he had one of his better defensive performances, he battled well. I think as this team develops Tielemans will become the lynchpin, we just need the right blend of players around him. Badly needs to work on his long range shooting.

I'd like him to work on not losing the ball first lol 

Frustrating player. He has great technical ability, but lots of other aspects in his game seem lacking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought first half he had one of his better defensive performances, he battled well. I think as this team develops Tielemans will become the lynchpin, we just need the right blend of players around him. Badly needs to work on his long range shooting.

.. just a question Ric!! 

Youri has played in the 10 role for a game Maddison was out for. The team looked sharper for it and dare I say better balanced. 

Do you think switching Maddison and Youri would give us the cutting edge that we are missing. Maddisons' final ball isn't all that, he is slow to make a decision and ends up holding the ball for that extra second meaning Vardy has to check his run and the opening gone. Maddison can play a deeper role taking the ball off the back four and appears comfortable doing so. This then results in every thing going through him and that was to an extent why Grealish appeared to have the edge on him in the cup as Grealish was taking a mature role in his team. 

This leads to the question, if Maddison goes, how worse off are we? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just a question Ric!! 

Youri has played in the 10 role for a game Maddison was out for. The team looked sharper for it and dare I say better balanced. 

Do you think switching Maddison and Youri would give us the cutting edge that we are missing. Maddisons' final ball isn't all that, he is slow to make a decision and ends up holding the ball for that extra second meaning Vardy has to check his run and the opening gone. Maddison can play a deeper role taking the ball off the back four and appears comfortable doing so. This then results in every thing going through him and that was to an extent why Grealish appeared to have the edge on him in the cup as Grealish was taking a mature role in his team. 

This has occurred to me too - at the beginning of the season I would have said madders is too lightweight in the deeper role but he has really improved his tackling - however, his in built urge to go down under any contact may cost us badly if he loses possession closer to our goal and the ref doesn’t give it ....

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just a question Ric!! 

It's an option that we ought to implement from time to time, but I think our problem is often because Maddison drops too deep and he needs to be the one pushing forward but I suppose if he is going to drop deeper then get Youri higher up like he was when he first came here. Tielemans best asset is his vision and quick brain in certain pockets of space on the pitch where he makes some incredible defence splitting balls. What's odd is at other times he seems to be sluggish both physically and mentally but he is still a ridiculous talent and it's a privilidge to watch him.

Immensely talented but his flaws are glaring - real lack of pace and stamina, and I think this is a problem that the rest of the team doesn't really compensate for. Our midfielders are too similar and I think we're too collectively physically weak.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Can't really argue he hasn't struggled for form but what young player is super consistent? Something we need to accept with a team like ours is we've got a squad of players who are all mostly learning and developing and they won't always be perfect. 

I know our form has been frustrating lately but Wolves away is quite possibly in about the top five or six toughest fixtures of the season and we got a point. 

They're a ludicrously well organised team set up to counter almost exactly our tactical approach, they're solid and structured and very, very good at defending like that. They're also pretty dangerous on the counter and we limited then to few actual attempts on target. 

Kasper made one real save? 

You can put that down to Jimenez having an off day though. He should've scored two at least I thought. Actually thought Jimenez had quite a good game but his finishing cost them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

He’s great when he has Ndidi in to do the dirty work and feed him the ball. Without Ndidi feeding him (the ball, not pies) he is to slow and ponderous when running with the ball.

The whole team is underpinned by N'Didi.  

I miss Wilf   :mellow:

36 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

My concern with him isn’t technical. He’ll improve with age.

He always looks tired, that’s my primary worry. His natural fitness won’t improve with age, and for some reason he looks shot after 65 minutes. 

Isnt technical? Are you serious?

He's technically gifted, his only real flaw to his game is his speed.

I was looking back the other day at his debut against spurs away last season and he was superb, that's the youri we need back regular 

9 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Isnt technical? Are you serious?

He's technically gifted, his only real flaw to his game is his speed.

I was looking back the other day at his debut against spurs away last season and he was superb, that's the youri we need back regular 

You mis understand what I’m saying. I mean I have no concerns over his technical ability.