Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Atrocious post defeat  comments, as per..

Good player, scrambling for form this season. The ball won't quite bounce for him right now. Perfectly normal. As you were.

..We never did find out what his problem was at Monaco!!!

It was hard to envisage a club with a supporters base that hated him so much. A manager who did not want him at the club and someone who seems  affable and brought so much quality to our team.

You see him on the pitch and it looks like his twin, but this twin is from the Ryman League and is struggling to make their bench.

He was tailing off at the end of last season.and has never recaptured the form which made us fall in love with his skills.

Will the real Youri stand up!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

9 hours ago, Hammo said:

Biggest disappointment of the season by far.

Appears to have got rid of some of the excess timber but still looks shockingly slow, lightweight and consequently easy to dispossess.

He was so clever and creative when on loan that his lack of pace barely registered. But he just hasn’t got going this season at all.

🧐 🤔 

9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Many more much worse than him today. 

Not many.

And he is supposed to be our world class midfielder.

If we hadn't paid so much for the guy and made him our star purchase last summer I think he'd be in the U23 team as there are half a dozen midfielders in our team playing better than him. Adrien Silva must be confused.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Not many.

If we hadn't paid so much for the guy and made him our star purchase last summer I think he'd be in the U23 team as there are half a dozen midfielders in our team playing better than him. Adrien Silva must be confused.

Name 6 midfielders in our team playing better thsn he is right now? I'm intrigued 

• Like 1

Did watch Youri in the last game and to be fair he was forward thinking in trying to get attacks going, so I can see why people have been wanting him to play.  The Chelsea game was one of the best games he has had for a while though.

We need the shape of the team changed so that the back players support attacks, its risky, but we need to do something to get us scoring goals again, in such a shape give Youri a free role, and he may possibly shine.

13 hours ago, Beechey said:

He needs to be higher up the pitch so he can be the guy playing that final ball, rather than Barnes, Gray, Albrighton or Perez. I think he has been too deep (Maddison too) this season.

I was thinking this. He used to press quite high up the pitch and get forward a lot which is how he was getting so many assists and goals on loan, I saw glimpses of it yesterday when we were dominating before it went to shit. It is depressing watching him over the last months.

13 hours ago, Beechey said:

He needs to be higher up the pitch so he can be the guy playing that final ball, rather than Barnes, Gray, Albrighton or Perez. I think he has been too deep (Maddison too) this season.

There has been a huge change this season to that. This is because we no longer all push up and try and press from the front for any great length of time, when we do (like we did in the opening 20 mins yesterday) we are much more positive and Tielemans gets on the ball in space in the oppositions half. I wouldn't mind if one of Maddison and Tielemans still was instructed to do this but in recent months both end up far too deep and you cannot press without committing at least 4 front players.

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Name 6 midfielders in our team playing better thsn he is right now? I'm intrigued 

:D

Maddison

N'didi

Praet

Choudhury

Mendy

Gray

Barnes

Albrighton

probably not Matty James.

;)

11 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Gone from pinging passes like Scholes in his prime, to performing like him aged 45

God help the rest of them then considering Tielemans was the only bloke playing through balls yesterday. Not his fault striker wasn't moving much and winger couldn't control it.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There has been a huge change this season to that. This is because we no longer all push up and try and press from the front for any great length of time, when we do (like we did in the opening 20 mins yesterday) we are much more positive and Tielemans gets on the ball in space in the oppositions half. I wouldn't mind if one of Maddison and Tielemans still was instructed to do this but in recent months both end up far too deep and you cannot press without committing at least 4 front players.

Neither Maddison or Tielemans have got the physical power or pace to break the high press and they can't pass with the precision of the Man. City midfield so it seems to be the sideways stuff or the long ball , which is fine if you are a Scholes or a Beckham.

11 hours ago, FIF said:

Not many.

I wonder how Adrien "we bought him in September...." Silva is getting at Monaco in Youri's place now? He was always underused by Puel in my opinion after the guy who brought him into the club and wasn't about to put him in the team was dismissed (Shakespeare), surprising really considering he was a Puel sort of player (the laid back passing game, retain possession but with very little in the way of cut and thrust). A mystery and also mysterious why Youri is presently a shadow of the player he was when first here. Then again so is the rest of the team a shadow of it's first part of the season self at the minute!  

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

God help the rest of them then considering Tielemans was the only bloke playing through balls yesterday. Not his fault striker wasn't moving much and winger couldn't control it.

I don't know if there's miscommunication or something, but Vardy seems to frequently be on the opposite side to passes or balls are played.

32 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He looked a bit sharper and dare i say fitter today. Overall he played well. Just needs to influence play higher up the park. However i think BRs tactics dictated his deeper positioning today.

What he needs is the pace of the game and the space like there was today. He doesbt suit that slow build up where he gets pressed himself. When he plays like he did today I am in love.

• Like 2

On 04/07/2020 at 20:48, Ric Flair said:

What he needs is the pace of the game and the space like there was today. He doesbt suit that slow build up where he gets pressed himself. When he plays like he did today I am in love.

I think this must been part of the problem, the PL knows you can stop our conductor by pressing him, but if he sits deeper the vision and passing range come easier to him.

Ironic that he did get forward for the assist. I wonder how he feels about sitting deeper.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tielemans needs a fast paced, end to end game to excel imo. There are few better midfielders than him at transitioning the ball in a fast attack. He has trouble when the opposition can press him out of a game or block all his passing lanes by sitting back.

I tend to agree.  He is better when things are moving quickly around him.

• Like 1