Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

14 hours ago, tetly said:

Ability wise he is good enough but he definitely Hasn’t played enough over the last few years for it to make sense. We should go for Willian from Chelsea.

Well documented that Willian doesn’t want to go anywhere but London in terms of Prem teams

Barnes and Maddison could learn a lot from him.

It's good to have a senior head about the places and we don't really have anyone in midfield like that.

He will be coming to us after winning the league with Klopp, I'm sure he will share his wisdom with some of the young lads.

Good squad player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

It's good to have a senior head about the places and we don't really have anyone in midfield like that.

He will be coming to us after winning the league with Klopp, I'm sure he will share his wisdom with some of the young lads.

Good squad player. 

Yeah, as long as he is absolutely not relied upon as a 1st team player, if his attitude is right then his experience may balance the squad out, especially with the likes of Morgan, Fuchs, and Albrighton all likely leaving in the next year or two. Of course he'd have to take a reasonable wage.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Yeah, as long as he is absolutely not relied upon as a 1st team player, if his attitude is right then his experience may balance the squad out, especially with the likes of Morgan, Fuchs, and Albrighton all likely leaving in the next year or two. Of course he'd have to take a reasonable wage.

If he comes, he’ll start for us after a few games. Probably on the right.

Imho he would be a good signing but not on the reported £100k a week. That would put him on more than Wilf, Cags, Jonny?, Riccy P, Praet...which just seems wrong for a guy who will probs be a squad player- albeit a very good one.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Imho he would be a good signing but not on the reported £100k a week. That would put him on more than Wilf, Cags, Jonny?, Riccy P, Praet...which just seems wrong for a guy who will probs be a squad player- albeit a very good one.

The fact there is no fee involved makes the 100k more acceptable or a 2 year contract is around the 11 million mark, when you fact in a unproven Championship player cost between 10-20 million now days and then you have wages on top. 

Proven PL player, England International, played in Europe, not much to complain about.  

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The fact there is no fee involved makes the 100k more acceptable or a 2 year contract is around the 11 million mark, when you fact in a unproven Championship player cost between 10-20 million now days and then you have wages on top. 

Proven PL player, England International, played in Europe, not much to complain about.  

Yeah, I'm not disputing that mate, you're right from that point of view. What I'm saying is, if he comes in on £100k a week then key players who don't earn that such as the players I've mentioned (Wilf, Cags, Jonny, Riccy etc.) could quite legitimately say "Why am I not on £100k a week?" ....and then we have a problem as I doubt we can afford to put them all on such contracts.

The guys we have on £100k plus currently are absolutely crucial players - Kasper, Vards. I'm not sure spending £100k a week on Lallana, who is likely to be a squad player and who has a patchy injury record is a good move - just my opinion. Bit different at Liverpool where there's numerous players on £100k a week, probs a few on £200k a week.

I'm not averse to us signing him, just don't think he should come in on immediate parity with our top earners. If we can get him in on £75k a week (for example) that seems a bit more reasonable and potentially less divisive.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Yeah, I'm not disputing that mate, you're right from that point of view. What I'm saying is, if he comes in on £100k a week then key players who don't earn that such as the players I've mentioned (Wilf, Cags, Jonny, Riccy etc.) could quite legitimately say "Why am I not on £100k a week?" ....and then we have a problem as I doubt we can afford to put them all on such contracts.

The guys we have on £100k plus currently are absolutely crucial players - Kasper, Vards. I'm not sure spending £100k a week on Lallana, who is likely to be a squad player and who has a patchy injury record is a good move - just my opinion. Bit different at Liverpool where there's numerous players on £100k a week, probs a few on £200k a week.

I'm not averse to us signing him, just don't think he should come in on immediate parity with our top earners. If we can get him in on £75k a week (for example) that seems a bit more reasonable and potentially less divisive.

I agree, he should absolutely not be on 100k a week and above those players mentioned who are regular first team players when essentially he will be a squad member. To be on 75k he would still be above Chilwell, Maddison, Caglar and Ricardo. Depends what his demands are I guess? Money can cause unrest especially wages! I know there is talk of new contracts for some of our players but if Lallana has essentially been on the bench this season he should not be demanding those wages and hopefully he will realise this too.  I dont think Fuchs will stay much longer as I should imagine it was hard to leave his family after his extended stay during lockdown, so another senior player, especially a midfielder, would be great for the young squad. He seems friendly with some already on social media and should fit in well? I have a strong feeling we will sign him up! 😁

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd hope that he wouldn't be the only attacking signing we make! Ideally we get another winger in and start them and Barnes, with Lallana on the bench.

That’d be nice but unless we lose Gray or Albrighton and retain Barnes and bring in Lallana I can’t see it...

But Lallana and Coutinho would be fine! 😆 

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

You're right we don't have anyone capable of that yet :blush:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

That’d be nice but unless we lose Gray or Albrighton and retain Barnes and bring in Lallana I can’t see it...

But Lallana and Coutinho would be fine! 😆 

Yeah it would probably involve selling Gray instead of losing him for free next season.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I think if he fit he will play a lot, especially we CL league football, we have a track record of taking guy with something to prove 

Cags, Riccy both deserve improved contacts if they are staying, not sure Wilf and Evans are rock the boat sort of characters. 

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I'd agree totally. 

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Weren’t there reports when Chilwell signed his new contract it was 100k a week? Iheanacho is supposedly one of our highest earners as 

This is what I found online for 19/20 season.

Screenshot_20200526-132153_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

If Lallana wants 100k a week and it clashes with what other more deserving players in our squad are on, pay him less per week and add the difference to the signing-on fee we'll no doubt already be paying him. Job done, everyone's a winner, the dressing room is happy (hopefully).

• Like 4

I think if we were going down the cheaper option this summer, which would be completely understandable. I would be happy enough with Llalana and Fraser. We could get both on a free, both could improve the wings and Llana could play in the middle. That would free up the cash to go get Demiral or someone similar and keep Chilwell. However, if we were to sign Llalana, I dont see much game time for Hamza in the maddison/Tielemans role so hes going to have to up his game defensively. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hales said:

This is what I found online for 19/20 season.

Screenshot_20200526-132153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jesus we're paying Gray far too much. It's also not great to see Maddison and Ndidi so low, and Soyuncu not even on the list. Hopefully when we replace Gray, Morgan, and Fuchs a good chunk of that can go to Maddison, Ndidi and Soyuncu.

Ricardo is also pretty low but to be honest he's probably leaving next summer so not much point renewing him.

• Haha 1