Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

I think he will come. The lure of what we have to offer, CL and the whole set up here including a manager who he knows well, must be tempting. I also think that Rudkin will not rock the boat and break the wage structure either. Lallana seems to have his head screwed on too and knows that by taking him it will be a gamble on both sides so will be amenable to a realistic deal if he wants to come here. A highly performance weighted package, perhaps including sponsorship for his coaching badges, would reduce the risk for the club, and if he has the confidence in his ability gives him the chance to earn a good pay packet and potentially a coaching role.

Done right this could work for everyone. 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Feel like people need to just take Lallana for what he is. He’s a good player, was very good in his prime, possibly past it a bit now but we need depth for next season, ones who know the Premier League and European football. We’ve got a very good team but we haven’t got lots of experience of playing every 3 days at elite level. 

I can’t see how he’s anything but a positive addition tbh, reward seems to outweigh risk on this one. 

Well said. 

I'm worried about having enough depth for the next 6 weeks with a midweek game most weeks.

We need decent bodies next season with 3 cup competitions. He would be a good addition.

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Well said. 

I'm worried about having enough depth for the next 6 weeks with a midweek game most weeks.

We need decent bodies next season with 3 cup competitions. He would be a good addition.

Well if it looks like we’re offloading Adrien Silva, which it looks like according to Twitter Rumours on the other thread, he’ll be a viable replacement 

Watching the Euro 2016 replay on BBC. He’s probably the best player on the pitch. If he can stay fit would be a great signing on a free. Big if I know but he’s technically a very good footballer and runs into the ground. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Watching the Euro 2016 replay on BBC. He’s probably the best player on the pitch. If he can stay fit would be a great signing on a free. Big if I know but he’s technically a very good footballer and runs into the ground. 

I think he'd fit into our dressing room really well too. He'd instantly become integrated into the leadership group.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Shame we’re not after him anymore ..  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Shame we’re not after him anymore ..  

Let’s see what happens!

We need depth - it’ll depend on what offers he gets and how we do in the market. I wouldn’t rule it out tbh just yet no matter what elements of the media claim.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2020 at 23:09, TJB-fox said:

This is top level football, you don’t tend to get players cheap. Especially in England. Let’s say he signs on 90k a week. Will likely be less as that’s what he’s roughly earning at Liverpool now. That’s under 5million for the year. £0 transfer fee. For us to sign a foreign player of similar experience/quality you’re looking at £15m then wages on top. From the championship, probably 25m, then wages on top. Financially this really isn’t much of a gamble. 

Financially this allows us to invest more on a top quality winger also.

10 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

"The 32-year-old, whom Klopp described as “a legend”, has several options when his deal expires and a reunion with Brendan Rodgers at Leicester appears most likely."

That's a nice way of saying "He's shite and we want to get the record points tally".