Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

I’m ok with this ...  and totally at ease with any transfer decision that we as a club decide upon ...   I really think we have massively turned a corner from the bad old days at the end of our title winning season ...      

In Brendan I trust.

(And if Kevin Phillips says it’s going to happen it must be true ..  :D).

8120065E-5F99-4A70-8BEF-EF774BAF1617.jpeg

Technically superb player. Of course there are doubts about his fitness and whether he is “past it” but if he’s signed as a squad player, challenging for a first team place I can’t see much wrong with it. It’s always total black and white in here. If he was our number one signing and first name on the team sheet I may moan a bit but if he’s coming in to add age, experience and footballing quality to a young side I’m happy enough. He’s got a nice face too. X 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Technically superb player. Of course there are doubts about his fitness and whether he is “past it” but if he’s signed as a squad player, challenging for a first team place I can’t see much wrong with it. It’s always total black and white in here. If he was our number one signing and first name on the team sheet I may moan a bit but if he’s coming in to add age, experience and footballing quality to a young side I’m happy enough. He’s got a nice face too. X 

Rule number one in the Scouters handbook grumble ..     1. What's his face like ? :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Seems like a waste of money. We need attack minded players that can score, this guy has about 1 goal since 2017. May as well keep King around.

Something like 22 goals 23 assists in 146 appearances.impressive I would suggest....how many games has he played since 2017? 

• Like 1

This is a signing I wish we made a few years ago. When he is fit he is a superb player decent with both feet works hard and is technically top draw.

if we can get him playing like he was 3 years ago we have a top player.

• Like 2

Creativity is the main thing we’ve lacked since Mahrez left. Maddison has filled that gap intermittently, Perez and Tielemans to a lesser extent. This guy can help to fill that void and I’d love to see him and Madders in the same line up, I’m sure they can provide Vardy with more opportunities. It’s a gamble given his age and injury record, but if the wage isn’t too high then it’s a risk worth taking. Class player on his day and still with a lot to offer. We’ve gambled on older players many times in the past and it has paid dividends, Cambiasso obviously but going back further, I remember us signing Cottee from some obscure team in Malaysia I think and that didn’t play out too bad. Lallana is a player of proven class at the highest level, my gut feeling is he will be an astute signing and will contribute majorly to future successes. We must continue with the remit of signing young, up and coming players with a potential of big resale value, but it’s also important to integrate the odd older statesman into the mix to help these younger players progress. We still need another CB and winger at least, but I certainly wouldn’t be against a signing such as this. Just looking forward to seeing some footy again very soon tbh 😀

• Like 3

He's obviously still an incredibly talented player, who Brendan knows well, so I'll go with it if Brendan decides to sign him. 

Also, imo, we're far too nice and and I think he's got a bit of nastiness about him. 

Not that it's right, but quite a lot of sides do the surrounding the ref, ie Man City at home, where we just seemed to accept every shit decision, and they constantly get in the refs ear. 

Adam has a bit of this, which could help us in games

• Like 3

I think he's a good signing but I do wish we would get a midfielder with a bit of height it is something we lack especially if N'Didi isn't playing.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I think he's a good signing but I do wish we would get a midfielder with a bit of height it is something we lack especially if N'Didi isn't playing.

I think that's a fair point, as a rule its about height, though the caveat to that - I remember Cambiasso though, in the middle of the park - he was about 5ft tall and yet literally one every ariel battle he had - phenomenal timing and jumping. 

8 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think that's a fair point, as a rule its about height, though the caveat to that - I remember Cambiasso though, in the middle of the park - he was about 5ft tall and yet literally one every ariel battle he had - phenomenal timing and jumping. 

It did help that he was nearer to 5ft 10

• Thanks 1

On 29/05/2020 at 13:07, TrentFox said:

Admittedly, it was a loooooong time ago, but he turned in one of the best individual displays I’ve seen at the KP years ago whilst still at Saints. They played us off the pitch whilst managing to lose 3-2, somehow. Might have been the Sven era? He was absolutely superb  that day. (AL, not Sven!) 

Was waiting for someone to post this. He was absolutely brilliant that day. 

Agree with this - I can see him coming in and having a similar impact to Huth / Evans, as he will elevate the performances of those around him. He's got a footballing brain rather than relying on pure pace or strength and this is going to benefit some of our other smarter players

On 29/05/2020 at 12:36, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think this could turn out to be a really good signing for us.

Looking purely at what he can offer on the pitch, he is completely 2 footed and has quick feet and a quick brain.

This offers a much wider range of passing angles which will help us be less predictable in build up play and and I am sure he will fit well into our attacking, quick tempo style. For instance, I can see his passing interplay with Maddison, Praet, Tielemans and Iheanacho being very effective.

Actually he will suit our style of play much more than Liverpool's.

Physically, he might not be as good as other options but we have enough physical players to compensate here.

I would like to see him come in and displace Perez to be honest, think Lallana will offer much more given how Brendan sets up us to play.

• Like 2