Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Free transfers for good players is a bit of a myth really. 

What we save in a transfer fees is usually spent on a massive signing on fee, huge agent fees and ludicrous wages.

This won't be much cheaper than actually buying him, the difference is that the player and agent make more money.

we have done alright out of a few over the years. Albrighton was  a cracking signing for a free.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Izzy said:

Sounds like Rodgers has distanced himself from this potential signing judging by today’s presser.

All a big fart in a tea cup so prob won’t happen anyway.

No worries, we can still get this thread to 100 pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He can certainly play, has a trick or 2, can play out of tight spots, works bloody hard for the team, was Englands most recent best player until Sterling found his feet during Euro 2016 & the early 2018 WCQ games no one has out shone him, for me anyway, in the past 4-5yrs playing for England other than the rise of Sterling.

I personally believe if we had him in the squad today he would be fighting Perez for a starting slot & when not starting i would certainly prefer him sat on the bench rather than Sharkey or Gray as he offers more than both of those to change a game.

Yes he is 32 this year but not all players are the same it doesn't mean he's ready to be put out to grass & yes has had some injuries but as someone previously mentioned this means he's not been subjected to the rigours of week in / out football so the body will age differently to say someone like Mcgregor at Celtic who plays 50+ games a season, that lad will probably be shot by 32.
Anyway i'm sure a thorough medical would be carried out on his previous hamstrings issues & don't we have 1 of the best sports science & medical teams around & currently all is well & has been playing for Liverpool this season only being kept out by the front 3 of theirs which are arguably the best combined front 3 in the Prem this season, but he is getting games.

We can't complete with clubs that are willing to pay 50m+ on the next big thing, signing him on a free knowing his skill set & experiance both on the field & attitude off it is on point i wouldn't be disappointed if we did sign him.

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

If you read all of @Grebfromgrebland’s post he wasn’t saying we havent signed any good players on free transfers, he was implying that it’s never actually that ‘free’ for top players as agents and wages often take a bit of a hike. 

yes indeed. that’s what he was saying.

I pointed out Albrighton out of all our recent frees because i felt he truly was a great singing, even when you consider the comparatively reasonable wage/ deal he is on.

On 21/02/2020 at 09:04, Simoken said:

What a surprise, a fabricated story made from thin air. #media #crooks

What would this forum do if not for the BS Transfer Drama we have on a weekly basis. #haveaheart

Never rated him and I can't see how he can possibly improve on what we already have. We have an abundance of good technical midfielders.

Unless he's a prolific ball winner or a pacey winger with more quality than Gray, we have no use for another midfielder.

Lallana is neither.

• 3 months later...

Leicester leading Premier League transfer race for Liverpool's Adam Lallana

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana is set to leave Anfield on a free transfer this summer with former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers leading the race to sign him ahead of West Ham, Everton, Arsenal and Crystal Palace

Leicester head a pack of Premier League clubs ready to pounce for Liverpool's Adam Lallana.

The former England midfielder is a free agent at the end of the season and there's no shortage of clubs interested.

West Ham, Everton, Arsenal and Crystal Palace would all like to see if they can strike a deal with the 32-year-old.

But Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers could have the edge – he took Lallana to Anfield in a £25m deal from Southampton in 2014 when he was in charge of The Reds.

Liverpool still have the option of another year but are unlikely to take it up even though Lallana has been a regular performer this season. He's made 22 appearances though the bulk have been off the bench.

With no fee involved, Lallana is undoubtedly an attractive proposition but there are factors which could prove problematical, not least his £100,000 a week wages at Anfield.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/leicester-leading-premier-league-transfer-22072376

• Thanks 1

The situation reminds me of the Evans scenario....I personally think he would be a great signing, obviously talented, not had that much opportunity, plenty to prove, not too long a time to do it,,,think we would be better with him than without....can’t think of a better player, at a better price currently but that may change

• Like 1

With his experience and ability we would be a better squad for Europe with him than without him to help nurture the likes of Maddison & Tielemans and be a good voice in the dressing room. If we can get the deal done on sensible financial terms I think it’s a no brainer.

• Like 3

Happy either way with this one. Good player and he's been around the leagues best squad this year. Hopefully feels like he's still got a bit to prove. 

On the other hand, big wages, no resale value and it's not as exciting as a youngster being brought into the squad.

• Like 1

My initial reaction like many in this thread, was that he’s an injury prone player. But when I looked on Transfermarkt, he was in  the matchday 18 for 31 games out of a possible 37 in the league & CL this season. So he must have been fit enough for the majority of this season. It’s also unclear whether he missed those 6 games due to injury or because Liverpool have a strong squad.

If we don’t want to sell Chilwell or any other first team player, then we will need one or two cheap signings like this to free up funds for other positions.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

As long as the wages arent horrendous, it would be a great move in the current climate. Doubt we will have much to spend this summer and lallana covers all those 4 attacking positions behind vards. 

This - all day long.

I’d start him on the right, personally and have Ricardo overlapping him and him cutting in.

......................Vardy

Barnes Maddison Tielemans Lallana

..........................Ndidi

........Chilwell Cags Evans Ricardo

And if we need to go for it, take off Tielemans and make it a 4132 and stick Pérez up front with Vardy and have a 4132.

Edited by Swan Lesta
  • Like 1

I think if we were going down the cheaper option this summer, which would be completely understandable. I would be happy enough with Llalana and Fraser. We could get both on a free, both could improve the wings and Llana could play in the middle. That would free up the cash to go get Demiral or someone similar and keep Chilwell. 

He has just over a 1000 minutes in the last 3 premier league seasons, due to a combination of injuries and not being good enough. He’s well past his peak imo and I’d stay clear, I’d rather we went for some young championship talent instead. 

Edited by Dusty
  • Like 1