Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It’s one of those underrated, undersold transfers that will turn out to be a golden bit of business. 

Don’t think this is underrated at all. It’ll be just like Evans. A complete coup at the time which turned out to be exactly that

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can't see where he'd fit, unless we were getting rid of Maddison, Tielemans or Pratt.

He can play on the left or right of Vardy. He is quite versatile, if we got CL football he certainly would be a good player to bring in. We will sure need a bigger squad 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

Nicolo Schira - the first journalist to say we were after Dennis Praet has today said this

https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/status/1268743191714582529?s=20

image.png.c4a3cf029c74da35993d9aeccb047f1a.png

The Leicester Mercury was very specific ...   we are not after him ...  they might be slow but they don’t normally get it wrong.  

35 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

The Leicester Mercury was very specific ...   we are not after him ...  they might be slow but they don’t normally get it wrong.  

Leicester Mercury also said we weren't after Praet, then it was a loan for them and in the end when Leicester made it official finally agreed it was a permanent deal

I wouldn't take what Mercury says for granted

Edited by GDesign_JRC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's played in 8 of their last 12 games so I would imagine Liverpool don't want to let him go due to the fixture pile up faced by all clubs. 

Also Lallana is about to win the premier league for the first and probably only time in his career so I imagine he wants to be apart of it and is in no hurry to watch the remaining games on his sofa.

He will get his medal regardless as he has more than enough appearances already and as there will be no victory parade does it really make a difference? I can understand him wanting to hang around and be part of it still though and there is no rush as surely anyone signed before the season actually finishes would be ineligible anyway as i presume the squads named in January cannot be changed now. But does it stop players, particularly those who will be out of contract making agreements for next year? 

This is a completely unique situation with many players/clubs having to get contract extensions etc to see out the season, but i have no idea of the situation in respect of any pre-signing agreements etc. Normally any approaches outside of the official window would be illegal "tapping up" (not that it doesn't go on of course), although i believe that out of contract players can set up agreements after January for the following season?

One thing that does seem certain is that he will not be at Liverpool next year. If we really are interested, then i presume that either talks have been held and everyone is keeping tight lipped or he is still weighing up his options.

Personally i think he would be a good addition to our squad.

42 minutes ago, urban fox said:

He will get his medal regardless as he has more than enough appearances already and as there will be no victory parade does it really make a difference? I can understand him wanting to hang around and be part of it still though and there is no rush as surely anyone signed before the season actually finishes would be ineligible anyway as i presume the squads named in January cannot be changed now. But does it stop players, particularly those who will be out of contract making agreements for next year? 

This is a completely unique situation with many players/clubs having to get contract extensions etc to see out the season, but i have no idea of the situation in respect of any pre-signing agreements etc. Normally any approaches outside of the official window would be illegal "tapping up" (not that it doesn't go on of course), although i believe that out of contract players can set up agreements after January for the following season?

One thing that does seem certain is that he will not be at Liverpool next year. If we really are interested, then i presume that either talks have been held and everyone is keeping tight lipped or he is still weighing up his options.

Personally i think he would be a good addition to our squad.

And breathe..... 

Interesting questions which I don't know the answer to, but your initial comments about him staying - I don't think anyone will begrudge him being a part of it and at this moment we are in a similar position with mendy, but I sure as hell don't want him gone before the end of the season, even if he doesn't play. 

You never know what could happen. 

Happy with this as a signing and genuinely can't understand anyone questioning it (to be clear - not aimed at you) 

Best case scenario could be that he never plays (unlikely imo) but if we are going to go up yet another gear in the future, this unique kind of signing can only help.

We know as much as anyone how having the right people in the background is so important and I don't think anyone here can say giving wes another year is a bad move for us, ( as long as he is at least fourth choice for 2 positions) 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2020 at 10:10, GDesign_JRC said:

Leicester Mercury also said we weren't after Praet, then it was a loan for them and in the end when Leicester made it official finally agreed it was a permanent deal

Leicester Mercury's favourite word is 'according to' because their reports are always extracted from others. They are a joke.! I dont believe anything they publish these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/06/2020 at 10:10, GDesign_JRC said:

The mercury are a washed up crappy little outfit. Wouldn’t trust a word they say. A lot of their articles are ad-ridden and full of guesswork/weak rumours. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not against signing Lallana per se. Wouldn't be the first signing we've made that proved the doubters wrong. But 1 goal and 1 assist in 1,158 minutes over the last 3 PL seasons suggests a player on the decline. It's a big gamble imho, expecially given the high wages he'd be on.

Is it a big gamble? I’d say one positive of the signing that it’s fairly low risk, we pretty much know what we’re getting and Brendan knows what he’s getting.

Permitting fitness of course.