Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

"Leicester offer long term deal" to high profile 32 year old glass cripple who hasn't been good for years is exactly the sort of headline people worried about when Congerton came. 

Don't do it boys.

I can't think of a single argument to sign him. You can't even stretch to claiming he's a winner really, at least old pros like Wasyl had multiple league title winning experience when brought in. 

I gobbed off about his injury record but apparently on closer inspection he's not had that many, just had a seriously bad one and then when he came back Liverpool had moved on so much he's not been able to properly force his way back in. That can happen and from looking at his availability, he hasn't been out much since. I'd only want him for a couple of years max as a useful squad player but if he came in and we didn't bring in that elusive top class right winger we need then i'll be very annoyed. It baffles me how teams can fail to do the most obvious, we did it from 2016/17 - 2017/18 where we went two full seasons crying out for a number 10 to help change the way we play and yet we made a half arsed attempt to get Sigurdsson and that was about it. We haven't replaced Mahrez and although we are still doing well, it's blatantly obvious that right wing is our weakest area and yet here we are 2 seasons on from Mahrez going and the replacements have been nowhere near good enough or makeshift at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I gobbed off about his injury record but apparently on closer inspection he's not had that many, just had a seriously bad one and then when he came back Liverpool had moved on so much he's not been able to properly force his way back in. That can happen and from looking at his availability, he hasn't been out much since. I'd only want him for a couple of years max as a useful squad player but if he came in and we didn't bring in that elusive top class right winger we need then i'll be very annoyed. It baffles me how teams can fail to do the most obvious, we did it from 2016/17 - 2017/18 where we went two full seasons crying out for a number 10 to help change the way we play and yet we made a half arsed attempt to get Sigurdsson and that was about it. We haven't replaced Mahrez and although we are still doing well, it's blatantly obvious that right wing is our weakest area and yet here we are 2 seasons on from Mahrez going and the replacements have been nowhere near good enough or makeshift at best.

Can see this happening,we know Brendan rates him technically I wonder if he has half an eye on him eventually being part of his backroom like Toure.

Positives for Lallana:

- Experienced

- Talented, on his day almost unplayable

- An older, wise head. When Wes goes (whether this summer or next) the dressing room will lose something. Adding another worldly wise player into the leadership group before he goes will benefit the squad in the medium to long term

- Champions League and international experience

- Hard worker

- Knows BR well having worked with him previously

- Hasn't played a great deal in recent seasons so may actually be fresher than some other players his age, and may have given him time to manage previous injury problems

Negatives for Lallana:

- Could block the progression of one or two U23s vying for a first-team place, e.g. Dewsbury-Hall

- Hasn't played a great deal in recent seasons so may have dropped off without us knowing. It could take time for him to return to his previous high standards, or it may never happen

- Has a history of injuries from around 2017 and 2018. It remains to be seen how playing three games in a week will affect him, should we need him to do so

Good signing IMO. Do people not remember that awful run of form in December and January?

It was clearly a young side struggling to maintain the consistency that had got them where they were. Signing people like Lallana this summer will be akin to when Pearson brought the likes of Wasilewski, Hammond, Phillips and Taylor-Fletcher in to complement our promising young side that hadn’t quite managed to get promotion.

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Good signing IMO. Do people not remember that awful run of form in December and January?

It was clearly a young side struggling to maintain the consistency that had got them where they were. Signing people like Lallana this summer will be akin to when Pearson brought the likes of Wasilewski, Hammond, Phillips and Taylor-Fletcher in to complement our promising young side that hadn’t quite managed to get promotion.

I agree.. I honestly cannot see a negative in signing Him. Agree with the form aswell around December we was hoping a substitute like Demarai Gray would change games for us. The levels between them isn’t even comparable. Would be a great signing for an older head and technical ability.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Didn’t Rob Tanner publish an article today in the Athletic that says we aren’t signing him? I haven’t read it but I’m sure that was the headline.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1839929/2020/05/29/leicester-coutinho-lallana/

(Elitist football journalism pass required)

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

it’s obviously made up ....no one knows apart from the club, the agent and the player ......

they're ‘informed’ guesses ..... better than nothing but definitely unreliable 

They aren't "informed guesses" believe me.

It's funny how similar they are to wage structure in popular football based console games.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

"Leicester offer long term deal" to high profile 32 year old glass cripple who hasn't been good for years is exactly the sort of headline people worried about when Congerton came. 

Don't do it boys.

I can't think of a single argument to sign him. You can't even stretch to claiming he's a winner really, at least old pros like Wasyl had multiple league title winning experience when brought in. 

He's definitely a high profile 32 year old.

Glass cripple? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-lallana/verletzungen/spieler/43530 A single 7 game outage in the last two seasons. Take out the prolonged hamstring issue in the 17/18 season (which hasn't resurfaced) and you're looking at a pretty average injury record over 10 PL seasons

For a player who 'hasn't been good for years' (citation reqd.), one playing for a team that's 25 points clear after 29 games, it's surprising the manager has only dropped him from 4 matchday squads out of 29. Indeed he's given him actual game time in half of them, half of those for 20+ minutes. Of course, that doesn't prove he's still 'good', but I can't see it as a smoking gun for your claim either. Presumably your comment is based on your personal assessment. 

I'm in no way desperate to sign him, but I can honestly say that 'Leicester offer long term deal to Adam Lallana but Finnegan isn't convinced' was not a headline I worried about reading when Congerton came.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Just have to trust the club and the manager....we probably weren’t delighted with Wasyl, Wes, Ndidi, Dyer, I could go on, Evans got some negative...Rogers knows him inside out, he is according to Klopp who knows a footballer ‘A joy to watch,” he has at least 2-5 years in him, why do we think we know better than people who understand the game, know the player and have watched him most weeks....have a little faith....

I get your point mate but those are terrible examples! :P

If true... really happy with a 2-3 year deal. I can’t see his wages being too high either. Like others have pointed out he’s got something to prove and will be looking to play the last few years of his career. He’s experienced and a classy player. He will improve the starting 11 and the squad. I can’t see the downside to this signing.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 08:10, Swan Lesta said:

If he comes, he’ll start for us after a few games. Probably on the right.

...from that excerpt with the LFC under 23,  he looked overweight, easily wound up by kids and his actions were not that of a rational professional football player!!!

This one looks past its sell by date, we really do not want to be going there.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...from that excerpt with the LFC under 23,  he looked overweight, easily wound up by kids and his actions were not that of a rational professional football player!!!

This one looks past its sell by date, we really do not want to be going there.

When was that footage even shot? There are crowds in the stands!

I think this could turn out to be a really good signing for us.

Looking purely at what he can offer on the pitch, he is completely 2 footed and has quick feet and a quick brain.

This offers a much wider range of passing angles which will help us be less predictable in build up play and and I am sure he will fit well into our attacking, quick tempo style. For instance, I can see his passing interplay with Maddison, Praet, Tielemans and Iheanacho being very effective.

Actually he will suit our style of play much more than Liverpool's.

Physically, he might not be as good as other options but we have enough physical players to compensate here.

I would like to see him come in and displace Perez to be honest, think Lallana will offer much more given how Brendan sets up us to play.

• Like 2

Admittedly, it was a loooooong time ago, but he turned in one of the best individual displays I’ve seen at the KP years ago whilst still at Saints. They played us off the pitch whilst managing to lose 3-2, somehow. Might have been the Sven era? He was absolutely superb  that day. (AL, not Sven!) 

2 hours ago, sdb said:

His wages will be huge! In demand and on a free. He'll be one of our top earners, like it or not. Player holds the cards here, not us (or any other interested club) 

Not at his age they won’t. 

If if he wants a longer deal he’ll have to take a cut. I’d guess we’d offer him the same sort of wage we’d offered Morgan and Fuchs at that age.