Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Nigel Pearson appreciation ..

10 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Never felt more connected to this club than I did when NP was in charge.

True legend 

Absolutely.

Interesting to know how he would have fared with us had he not been sacked.  Easy for people to say he was a poor Prem manager on the basis of our position for most of the "great escape" season, but it was a learning curve for him as well as the players and he might have fared much better the next season. What can't be denied is that he developed the mentality of the club and the squad, and he and his team essentially put together the squad that won us the title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hopefully this is a joke but in case it isn't here's some persective....

at one point in 2014 Pearsons Leicester got 2 points from 13 games. In 2020 in Brendan's absolute worst run as manager, a run which has people like you up in arms he has got 12 points from 12 games. 6 times more points than Pearson's worst. 

Yes Pearson was good for the club but it's acient history we are currently 3rd having our 2nd best season in our whole history. The players and manager are in a bad run, sod the nostalgic posts about Pearson let's get behind what we have now and hopefully enjoy some more European adventures next season.

No joke !

You are aware that Watford hired him only after Top intervened , he plays polo with the owners of Watford and does business with them 

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You do talk some twaddle. 'Intervened' my arse! You mean he gave him a good reference.

They were interviewing/considering people, top heard , so Top picked up the phone rang them and they hired nigel 

That’s an intervention in the recruitment process 

so yes he intervened 

you think Watford were ever looking at an English man let go in Belgium ? After his runs at Derby etc.....  come on ! 

Top got him the job ! And shows what an amazing man Top is 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I think his past behavioural issues at LCFC

What behavioural issues? Telling a fan who should f*** off to f*** off, or having no time for bad sports journalists?

:nigel:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

They were interviewing/considering people, top heard , so Top picked up the phone rang them and they hired nigel 

That’s an intervention in the recruitment process 

so yes he intervened 

you think Watford were ever looking at an English man let go in Belgium ? After his runs at Derby etc.....  come on ! 

Top got him the job ! And shows what an amazing man Top is 

How do you know it happened like that?

• Haha 1

For me he will always be the best Manager we've ever had as he's the one who put us on the sound footingthat lead to our greatest ever achievement.

There's no one better to set up a Club. Which he's doing again at Watford.

However he'd probably agree he's not the greatest Technical Coach  But that's ok as he can always bring a good Coach to work with him.

He will always be a legend here.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hopefully this is a joke but in case it isn't here's some persective....

at one point in 2014 Pearsons Leicester got 2 points from 13 games. In 2020 in Brendan's absolute worst run as manager, a run which has people like you up in arms he has got 12 points from 12 games. 6 times more points than Pearson's worst. 

Yes Pearson was good for the club but it's acient history we are currently 3rd having our 2nd best season in our whole history. The players and manager are in a bad run, sod the nostalgic posts about Pearson let's get behind what we have now and hopefully enjoy some more European adventures next season.

We now have single players that cost more than the entire squad did in 14/15 - they're not comparable.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We now have single players that cost more than the entire squad did in 14/15 - they're not comparable.

The 14/15 crop eventually had 15 players which went onto win the premier league the very next season with a different manager.

It also had kasper, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Vardy and Cambiasso. I think Brendan has a net spend of 10 million which is less than 14/15. comparisons are not unreasonable in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Any fan that doesn't consider Pearson a Leicester legend has a screw loose imo. He took over our club at our lowest moment and over a few years put in place a team capable of winning the Premier league. He and the owners completely transformed this club

I don't think many would dispute that but this nostalgia filled thread with hints that things were either much better when Pearson was around or would be if he was still here, based on a couple of months of bad form is a bit OTT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gubbins said:

I don't think many would dispute that but this nostalgia filled thread with hints that things were either much better when Pearson was around or would be if he was still here, based on a couple of months of bad form is a bit OTT

Resistance is futile. You must join the cult of NP or be ostracised (or is that ostrich-sized?).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

No but this place is always one extreme to the other 

• Like 1

Wallace (to a degree) Little, O'Neil and Pearson have had the biggest impact on the club in my time.

Claudio added that bit of belief. uplift and Latin flair and obvious worked until he started to do his thing.

Brendan has picked up on Puels vision and squad and early signs great but worrying now.

Pearson had Watford oozing with determination yesterday, something we lack