Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Nigel Pearson appreciation ..

Guest Markyblue
53 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

For me he will always be the best Manager we've ever had as he's the one who put us on the sound footingthat lead to our greatest ever achievement.

There's no one better to set up a Club. Which he's doing again at Watford.

However he'd probably agree he's not the greatest Technical Coach  But that's ok as he can always bring a good Coach to work with him.

He will always be a legend here.

Legend he is certainly,  the best manager we have ever had ....Martin O'Neill 2 league cups, the Italian gentleman 1 premier league title,  brendon Rodgers will take us forward and maybe surpass both. The fickleness of some on here after certainly a poor run is out doing even the usual bollocks i read on ft. Not having a go at you by the way ,i love pearson but we have moved on .

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

No but this place is always one extreme to the other 

I'm currently reading that Rodgers is now benefitting from the work of Puel- a man very few had a good word to say about for 16 months. 

God we need a win soon.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I'm currently reading that Rodgers is now benefitting from the work of Puel- a man very few had a good word to say about for 16 months. 

God we need a win soon.

For what it's worth I do think Puel did some positive things here and was a necessary fall guy to transition our playing style. Rodgers has also brought positives to us but his failure to address this slump is a tad worrying. He's a great manager when things are going well lol

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I like Pearson... I am delighted he beat liverpool and I hope they stay up.

He did a great job for us....

Never go back to an old girlfriend 

huh, you do know about Nigel Pearson's second stint with us?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wokinghamfox said:

His foundations won us the prem. I would say that his work was mainly the result of the 15/16 season.

But...We would never have won the title if he was in charge for that season.

I'm a big fan of Nige, but what's going on here?  We were all in full on smug mode as we had snared one of the best managers around, outside of the very top elite clubs.  What happened to the very camply titled 'Brendan...Ooh How lucky we are' thread?

It is is fickle to the point of parody if people are seriously pining for Pearson now on the back of a bad run which has come on the back of a magnificent run that lasted almost a season stretching into last year and because Watford beat Liverpool.  First sign of trouble and some people just wet themselves.

There are still only two clubs that have accrued more points than us since Rodgers' appointment - Liverpool and Man City.  Have some faith, show some fcking moral fibre and let's ride this tough period out and back our manager.

edit - I should point out that only the first sentence is a direct reply to your post @wokinghamfox

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this whole Pearsonite/Nigel Pearson FC/love Nigel more than life itself obsession for some Leicester fans is generational.

For those that followed us home and away whilst in their glory days (late teens/early 20's) I think it's natural to be attached to the manager who gave you personal success and happiness during that time.

For me it was MON when I was that age, and for years and years afterwards I dreamed he'd come back and manage us again. I was his biggest fan and loved what he did for us during his time here and the managers that followed him really never met my expectations like MON did.

Those who still show the same affinity and love to NP nowadays are no different to me after MON left, so I can't knock them really.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think this whole Pearsonite/Nigel Pearson FC/love Nigel more than life itself obsession for some Leicester fans is generational.

For those that followed us home and away whilst in their glory days (late teens/early 20's) I think it's natural to be attached to the manager who gave you personal success and happiness during that time.

For me it was MON when I was that age, and for years and years afterwards I dreamed he'd come back and manage us again. I was his biggest fan and loved what he did for us during his time here and the managers that followed him really never met my expectations like MON did.

Those who still show the same affinity and love to NP nowadays are no different to me after MON left, so I can't knock them really.

Yeah pretty much spot on. Pearson is a god 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Lived through and enjoyed both era's but MON had a slightly better foundation to work with. Pearson picked us up off the floor after close to a decade of decline.  What he did was extraordinary.

We're probably of a similar age and I totally agree with what you've said but MON will always have the edge for me personally for the reasons i said before. 

I was just more into my football during the MON years while spending most of the Pearson years in and out of hospital with illness and raising a young family.

They'll both go down in Leicester folklore for different reasons and I'm proud we had them both as our manager.

• Thanks 1