Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Nigel Pearson appreciation ..

4 hours ago, murphy said:

But...We would never have won the title if he was in charge for that season.

I'm a big fan of Nige, but what's going on here?  We were all in full on smug mode as we had snared one of the best managers around, outside of the very top elite clubs.  What happened to the very camply titled 'Brendan...Ooh How lucky we are' thread?

It is is fickle to the point of parody if people are seriously pining for Pearson now on the back of a bad run which has come on the back of a magnificent run that lasted almost a season stretching into last year and because Watford beat Liverpool.  First sign of trouble and some people just wet themselves.

There are still only two clubs that have accrued more points than us since Rodgers' appointment - Liverpool and Man City.  Have some faith, show some fcking moral fibre and let's ride this tough period out and back our manager.

edit - I should point out that only the first sentence is a direct reply to your post @wokinghamfox

Claudio actually admitted that he barely changed the style of play that Pearson had developed and used sucessfully in the last third of the previous season and, we all know what happened then.

Sorry and this is my opinion, I really do believe that the course of history would've been the same in 15/16 under him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wokinghamfox said:

Claudio actually admitted that he barely changed the style of play that Pearson had developed and used sucessfully in the last third of the previous season and, we all know what happened then.

Sorry and this is my opinion, I really do believe that the course of history would've been the same in 15/16 under him.

I don’t think it would, Claudio played the mental pressure side of it beautifully. You’ve got to love big Nige but I don’t know if he could of kept the players as loose as Raneri did.

Thing that has always confused me is why he tried to change so much the next season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hopefully this is a joke but in case it isn't here's some persective....

at one point in 2014 Pearsons Leicester got 2 points from 13 games. In 2020 in Brendan's absolute worst run as manager, a run which has people like you up in arms he has got 12 points from 12 games. 6 times more points than Pearson's worst. 

Yes Pearson was good for the club but it's acient history we are currently 3rd having our 2nd best season in our whole history. The players and manager are in a bad run, sod the nostalgic posts about Pearson let's get behind what we have now and hopefully enjoy some more European adventures next season.

Given the amount we’re paying BR, I think it’s fair for the poster to be unhappy with our form over the last few months.

Whilst I’m a huge Pearson fan I’m not saying he should come back. However your comparisons with NP’s bad run of form are largely skewed to favour your argument. For it to be accurate, the fixtures during both bad spells have to be assessed. Furthermore it’s was NP and the majority of that team’s first season in the Premier League - the majority of this current team have had at least a season in the league. NP’s entire squad cost not far off what we paid for Tielemans alone!

One thing for sure is NPs team looked like they gave a sh*t far more than this team currently does.

Edited by NeilLCFC

Pearson is fantastic.  A perfect storm  brought us the league.  Ranieri was right for that season.  If Pearson were to ever come back,  it could be great.  Again.

Rodgers has been doing a good job.  It is too early to suggest he should go.  If we are still third in the league at the end of the season, he will have do e something brilliant.

I am unable to conclude whether Pearson or Rodgers is the better manager.

In all seriousness we are pretty much fcuked as a fan base. Pearson is GOD to us lot and yet he will never win a major trophy in English football, nor will he come back here and be a success again. We don't seem to be able to bond with any other manager, even Rodgers has us right in the mix (albeit in potential free fall) and the knives are already out. 

I still love Pearson, we don't stand a chance. Fold the club, for all our sakes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In all seriousness we are pretty much fcuked as a fan base. Pearson is GOD to us lot and yet he will never win a major trophy in English football, nor will he come back here and be a success again. We don't seem to be able to bond with any other manager, even Rodgers has us right in the mix (albeit in potential free fall) and the knives are already out. 

I still love Pearson, we don't stand a chance. Fold the club, for all our sakes.

I'm wondering if our fans are just bored with it all at the moment. The songbook this year has been crap, the home atmospheres generally dire, people don't seem bothered about the FA Cup- were the wins earlier this season too easy? Do we need a Puel-like figure to fire us up, even in a negative way? As you say, we're pining for a man who would probably have finished about 10th the season we won the league.

We're third in the league, have reached one cup semi-final, a home game against a mid-table Championship away from another quarter-final, we've broken the record for the biggest away win in top flight history and reached 50 points in mid-February yet I reckon plenty wouldn't be bothered if the season ended tomorrow.

There is a real air of apathy around the place currently. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm wondering if our fans are just bored with it all at the moment. The songbook this year has been crap, the home atmospheres generally dire, people don't seem bothered about the FA Cup- were the wins earlier this season too easy? Do we need a Puel-like figure to fire us up, even in a negative way? As you say, we're pining for a man who would probably have finished about 10th the season we won the league.

We're third in the league, have reached one cup semi-final, a home game against a mid-table Championship away from another quarter-final, we've broken the record for the biggest away win in top flight history and reached 50 points in mid-February yet I reckon plenty wouldn't be bothered if the season ended tomorrow.

There is a real air of apathy around the place currently. 

Yeah, I don't know what it is but there seems to be a real malaise around the place and definitely with the fans.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

This happened during Puels time. People use these Pearson nostalgia threads as a thinly veiled way to pile on the current manager. 

Since leaving Leicester he's guided Derby to 20th in the table and nearly took Leuven down to the Belgium non league. 

Not to mention when he was here he strangled an opposing player, verbally abused journalists, told his own fans to fuch of and die and would not accept the club's decision to sack his useless son after a racist orgy in the owners homeland. 

like you I loved the bloke while he was here but It will take more than 5 wins for Watford for me to start pinning for him to replace Brendan who has us clear in the champions League places and playing some of the best football I've ever seen down the city.

I would urge the mods to move this to the general sport section as Pearson is the manager of Watford, then we can concentrate and getting behind the current manager and players (or not as the case might be).

To be fair this topic was brought up as a reminder of the glorious Pearson era on the back of a superb win for Watford last night. Nothing more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

To be fair this topic was brought up as a reminder of the glorious Pearson era on the back of a superb win for Watford last night. Nothing more.

Not true mate, below was the the first post in this topic this year. Very difficult to argue against him being used as a dig at the current manager.

On 29/02/2020 at 21:03, LinekersLugs said:

TIME FOR HIM TO COME HOME !!! 

RODGERS IS A BUSTED FLUSH SINCE HIS NEW CONTRACT WAS SIGNED 

12 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I like Pearson... I am delighted he beat liverpool and I hope they stay up.

He did a great job for us....

Never go back to an old girlfriend 

Isn’t that fireworks?

We’ve been back with Pearson and it worked a treat!

(I’m in no way advocating a return, but am genuinely thrilled he’s making it work at Watford...)

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

This happened during Puels time. People use these Pearson nostalgia threads as a thinly veiled way to pile on the current manager. 

Since leaving Leicester he's guided Derby to 20th in the table and nearly took Leuven down to the Belgium non league. 

Not to mention when he was here he strangled an opposing player, verbally abused journalists, told his own fans to fuch of and die and would not accept the club's decision to sack his useless son after a racist orgy in the owners homeland. 

like you I loved the bloke while he was here but It will take more than 5 wins for Watford for me to start pinning for him to replace Brendan who has us clear in the champions League places and playing some of the best football I've ever seen down the city.

I would urge the mods to move this to the general sport section as Pearson is the manager of Watford, then we can concentrate and getting behind the current manager and players (or not as the case might be).

you would Urge the the modsimage.gif.730338f60ce8ee0e32647d534c4e6526.gif

• Haha 3