Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Nigel Pearson appreciation ..

30 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Love the last bit, that Brendan has invited him to the training ground.

as an aside, who would approve of Nigel on the coaching team? That would be ace!

Him Shakey and Walsh would be perfect replacements for Beaglehole etc.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Idiakez would be perfect to lead the Academy and he is a Pearson favourite. :pearson:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

always an absolute boss for us

had shit sorted from top to bottom, didn't suffer any fools - both players and press; and his legacy still lives on strong with the team spirit we have here.

anyone who can't appreciate what pearson did here is several sandwiches short of a picnic, tbqfh. 

would happily welcome him back as some sort of coach / behind the scenes guy who got all of our sport science / psychology shit back up and running properly. 

Agreed. Always shocked me that there were people on here constantly slagging him off as he was leading us up the divisions, while pining after the likes of Sven.

It's as clear as day that we have a lot to thank Pearson for.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shane said:

And reassuringly expensive.  One guy that comes from the modern era with fresh ideas will suffice. Needs a regime change as it has all gone very stale. 

six of one half a dozen of the other for me.

pros - cleared up  svens bingo card approach to  signing players, got us promoted twice with highest total points ever (or whatever), got us through the great escape.

cons - a bit suspect up top when the pressure is on (losing his rag with the media, strangling mccarthy, and telling fans to FOAD), very inflexible in-game tactics, bottled playoffs twice, and got us into  the mess that required the great escape in the first place.

pro and con - having a stupid kid that got him fired but ultimately lead to us winning the league with Claudio.

Plenty to  thank him for, but he hit his ceiling in  the PL, an excellent lower league manager.

Edited by Swiss_tony
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I though his days as a football manager were over after the OHL misadventure. Watford gambled on him, and I'm glad they did. Keeping my fingers firmly crossed now for Nige & The Hornets staying up!

I also like that he keeps Shakes as the assistant... Leicester connection

Edited by Chester Dontlie

I think his past behavioural issues at LCFC, as well as success, have helped him become a better manager (and individual) - too.

He's more experienced in dealing with things more, especially after his time at LCFC.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2