Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

54 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Love Big Slimothy. Definitely a useful option especially for Europa if he is in that squad.

I'd have him in the team or at least on the bench tomorrow if Vardy isnt involved. Nacho will probably sit in Mings' pocket.

I’m not sure he’s in the Europa squad which is a surprise considering he’s in the PL squad.

56 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Love Big Slimothy. Definitely a useful option especially for Europa if he is in that squad.

I'd have him in the team or at least on the bench tomorrow if Vardy isnt involved. Nacho will probably sit in Mings' pocket.

We paid a lot for him, so maybe giving him another chance isn’t a bad idea. He offers something different; it will be interesting if given a chance whether he can take it. 

The issue with Slimani was that he was always brought in to play second fiddle to Vardy when he’s an out and out number 9. 

Playing them both together with Slimani dropping as a number 10 was never going to work and if you had to choose one over the other it’s always going to be Vardy. 

I don’t think he’s a bad player at all, people are making out he’s a Roman Bednar mk2.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but Nacho is way more than a goal scorer. His creativity in the final third is second only to Madders in the squad (in my opinion)

You mean once every few months when his head appears screwed on the right way? Slimani scored 9 and assisted 7 in 18 games at Monaco, Iheanacho will never come close to those numbers/consistency, it's the same problem Gray has.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

You mean once every few months when his head appears screwed on the right way? Slimani scored 9 and assisted 7 in 18 games at Monaco, Iheanacho will never come close to those numbers/consistency, it's the same problem Gray has.

That’s a scandalous comparison in my opinion. You either don’t watch Nacho or you have already written him off, yet bizarrely haven’t with Slim. Don’t get my wrong, I would love Slim to come good, some form of retribution, but to slander Nacho to praise Slim is just plain wrong in my opinion anyway.

• Like 2

Honestly it has been a while since I have seen him play but he does look like he is comfortable with the ball in the box at his feet, scored a couple of headers, and also comfortable playing the ball through to team mates

Edited by moore_94

Great move by Brendan ...  it’s like having a new striker ...   and we know he can do it when he wants to.   He would have probably got some stick off the fans but that won’t apply now.   Not sure if there is anything toxic between him and other players but I’m sure Brendan can manage that.    If JV is injured I’d certainly give him some game time tomorrow...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

He's a bit of an animal and he has a massive point to prove. Potentially a masterstroke.

He has quality and I never felt he got a proper run of games before for us. We have him so we might as well utilise him and I'm excited to see whether Rodgers can get him to rediscover his best form like he did with Iheanacho 

1 hour ago, RutlanderFox said:

He's a bit of an animal and he has a massive point to prove. Potentially a masterstroke.

He has quality and I never felt he got a proper run of games before for us. We have him so we might as well utilise him and I'm excited to see whether Rodgers can get him to rediscover his best form like he did with Iheanacho 

I agree, except if that's Iheanacho's best form, I'd stick with Slimani even if he does prove to be a total ball bag! 

All this new signing,Rodgers master stroke nonsense.He’s still here because we couldn’t give him away.No doubt he’s been told if he’s here and he knuckles down then he will get a chance.I have no confidence he will try though.His body language in a Leicester shirt stinks.I don’t  dispute he’s a useful player.Too much of a peacock to expect him to be understudy to a fit Vsrdy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

How many did Pepe score again at Lille?
Different beast, Slim sucked at Newcastle (and even in Turkey). 

I don't think anyone can doubt that Slimani has quality. The issue is, his performances and body language seem to suggest that he has no interest in playing here and probably isn't cut out for English football - Much like Kramaric.

The only reason he is being kept until January is likely because (a) no one has come forward willing to match his wage demands and (b) we are desperate because the club failed to buy a striker despite the clear necessity for one.

• Like 1