Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

Some interesting information on ACL injuries from Barca Innovation Hub

https://barcainnovationhub.com/recovery-time-of-the-anterior-cruciate-ligament-injury-in-elite-football/

Here are a few relevant bullet points:

• 7% suffered complications before playing the first match (a new rupture or other complications in the knee).
  • The average downtime after ACL reconstruction was of 6.6 months to come back to training and of 7.4 months to come back to competition.
  • Coming back to competition a year after suffering an ACL injury was high (85.8%); however, only 65% (60 out of 93 players) were capable of competing at the highest level three years later.

So, based on the above points, the average elite athlete with a mid-march ACL surgery might return to training by the end of September, and back to match fitness sometime in late October/ Early November.  

Very good to hear him speak and be in good spirits despite what must be a challenging time for him, in addition to the isolation etc. Silver lining being that he can focus on recovery without missing as many games as he would have.

Genuinely seems to enjoy being with us and just a generally decent bloke :D 

• Like 3

What a great guy. Excellent english speaking skills. Did he say he sharing a place with his mom and his girlfriend?:plancque:

Get well and see you in the Champions League!

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Kante 

Mahrez 

Ricardo 

not judging their value or contribution to Leicester simply they are the only truly world class players I have seen play at the club in their prime 

I would genuinely have Vardy in there somewhere too. Not your typical striker, but was surely world class. Nobody better at what he did. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I would genuinely have Vardy in there somewhere too. Not your typical striker, but was surely world class. Nobody better at what he did. 

He is in my top 5 For city of all time 

not sure he was ever world class he has never been the first choice for his country 

13 starts at international level would suggest he is well below the “world class” benchmarks And most of those were friendlies 

not really even a top level international for England really 

but he does what he does so so well 

On 25/04/2020 at 21:46, LinekersLugs said:

Kante 

Mahrez 

Ricardo 

not judging their value or contribution to Leicester simply they are the only truly world class players I have seen play at the club in their prime 

Truly world class players are rare and its difficult to pick them without being biased. Some are extremely talented but not world class enough to be a starter in any club side. Marhez is one of those I would suggest, very talented but hardly world class. Ricardo imo isn't there yet when you compare him to other greats like Cafu at right back but, he's young with plenty of time ahead of him. 

I can only really think of Banks, Shilton and Cambiasso with Kante just about ready to scrape in there if he continues on the upgrade. Very subjective and depends how high or low your bar is. True world class to me would be Pele, Maradonna, Best, Maldini, Messi and Ronaldo and similar. Not many of our players would come close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Truly world class players are rare and its difficult to pick them without being biased. Some are extremely talented but not world class enough to be a starter in any club side. Marhez is one of those I would suggest, very talented but hardly world class. Ricardo imo isn't there yet when you compare him to other greats like Cafu at right back but, he's young with plenty of time ahead of him. 

I can only really think of Banks, Shilton and Cambiasso with Kante just about ready to scrape in there if he continues on the upgrade. Very subjective and depends how high or low your bar is. True world class to me would be Pele, Maradonna, Best, Maldini, Messi and Ronaldo and similar. Not many of our players would come close.

Mate greats are greats 

never called them game greats 

world class players are players in the here and now at this time of their prime that would have a genuine chance of paying at any club or team in world 

those three come into that bracket