Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

Realistically if our squad has corona the likelihood this season will even get to the end is quite slim. Hope his recovery is alright though.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

i don't believe it is a ruptured ACL - its an ACL injury.  gutted for him that he will miss the euros ……

I don't think there's a chance in hell the Euros is going to be played.

• Like 1

Just now, bmt said:

Realistically if our squad has corona the likelihood this season will even get to the end is quite slim. Hope his recovery is alright though.

I don't think there's a chance in hell the Euros is going to be played.

the dots after the euros comment was deliberate (although in the summer warmth, i wouldnt be so sure as we have no idea how the virus will get on)

if some of the squad have it then self isolation for two weeks means that whoever doesn't have it will be clear by the end of march and anyone who has - depends how bad their 'flu' is. most will not suffer badly at their age and fitness levels.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the dots after the euros comment was deliberate (although in the summer warmth, i wouldnt be so sure as we have no idea how the virus will get on)

if some of the squad have it then self isolation for two weeks means that whoever doesn't have it will be clear by the end of march and anyone who has - depends how bad their 'flu' is. most will not suffer badly at their age and fitness levels.  

All true, I'm just a pessimist. 

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Worst thing is not so much that he's out for this season, but that he will miss pre season and the start of the next one. He would also miss the Euros, although I don't think they will go ahead as it stands.

Get well soon Riccy P, you are our fantastic fox!

Honestly feel gutted for him. Club aside he was due a big payraise. Good luck with that now. The hardest part of football for me to watch is the players (all) who give everything every time they step on the field only to have something like this happen. I hope he can make it back to full strength for him. He deserves it. The guy has a heart of fire. I will miss his energy dearly. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Cancel the league now

Agree. What a disaster with Ricardo. I did see his knee twist in the challenge against Villa, and I thought oh crap at the time, but miraculously he carried on. So I thought phew that could have been a disaster. It turned out to be that.

Let’s end of season now.

This has devastated me more than the coronavirus news going through the squad. Well, 3 players showing symptoms anyway. 

I just don't see how we recover from this setback and finish the season strongly :(

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This has devastated me more than the coronavirus news going through the squad. Well, 3 players showing symptoms anyway. 

I just don't see how we recover from this setback and finish the season strongly :(

Massive blow, but James Justin will have to step up. We carry on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Honestly feel gutted for him. Club aside he was due a big payraise. Good luck with that now. The hardest part of football for me to watch is the players (all) who give everything every time they step on the field only to have something like this happen. I hope he can make it back to full strength for him. He deserves it. The guy has a heart of fire. I will miss his energy dearly. 

He probably will still get the pay rise. His value to the team is there for all to see, and all fans know how good he is.

Bizarrely it might actually help Leicester because he won't leave next season now, and I could possibly see him stay a season after that too, as he won't be at 100% fitness wise. Hope he gets well soon though regardless of if he stayed or not, he's a great person and player and I wish him nothing but the best. Very likable person!

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The silver lining is that this makes it more or less impossible that he'll be sold in the summer...

I was thinking the same thing - and his absence from the Eruros takes him out of the shop window this summer. I hope he makes a rapid and full recovery - he's been a wonderful asset to the club and a joy to watch. An inspired signing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The silver lining is that this makes it more or less impossible that he'll be sold in the summer...

Crossed my mind too. 4-6 month recovery would put him at July/August/September return; even if he recovers early we should just lie about it until the window's closed.

Grim news......but the signing of JJ looks even more inspired now. Plus time now for Youri to step up to the mark (for Mddison).  Not many teams would replacements of that quality.

Edited by PaulW