Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We were told back end October .....no reason to think that’s changed. Maybe a run out in one of the EL games once he’s had a couple of U23 run outs.  Going to make an uninformed guess that his first PL outing will be away at anfield after the next int break ....

I know Liverpool just got absolutely mullered  and everything but he’d need to  work extra hard that game so i’d go for something slightly less demanding for his first game..

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how does that work with Ünder in the squad!!!

I am sure Ünder was not brought in to be an impact player, if so it would be a waste. We have waited years for a left footed Right Winger and you are advocating we ignore him in order to incorporate JJ in the team.

I'm not sure what I'm more surprised at, the fact you've picked my quote from 25th September or then proceeded to clearly not read the rest 🤔.

Castagne has played at RW in his career and with his style of wing back he also overlaps the wing backs too.

Not really sure what your point is.

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm not sure what I'm more surprised at, the fact you've picked my quote from 25th September or then proceeded to clearly not read the rest 🤔.

Castagne has played at RW in his career and with his style of wing back he also overlaps the wing backs too.

Not really sure what your point is.

...you are advocating having Ricardo as Right Back and Castagne ahead of him, leaving a weaker position of Left Back being Justin while Ünder is available to play ahead of Ricardo!!!

We all have opinions, just that I felt it was strange you opted for your formation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are advocating having Ricardo as Right Back and Castagne ahead of him, leaving a weaker position of Left Back being Justin while Ünder is available to play ahead of Ricardo!!!

We all have opinions, just that I felt it was strange you opted for your formation.

Crossed wires. Castagna LB first position, Castagna 1st choice cover to RP and 2nd choice cover to CU/Perez. JJ at the minute 2nd choice LB and after that he can cover other places depending on injurys and cup games. Both JJ & Castagna rotate throughout games as BR seems then suitable to his formation.

I get what you are saying now...

Edited by UHDrive
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope we can be patient when he recovers fully and starts playing again. Might take him a bit of time to get up to speed so I think, given all he's done for us so far, we afford him that time and patience and not get on his back if he's not performing immediately to the standard we know he can... 

Yes agree 100% but this is FoxesTalk and you are asking for patience from our fans?!?

Didn't have you down as so naive Stan! :D

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping BR gives Castagne a couple of games on the left ahead of Ricky's return and doesn't just throw him over there as soon as he's fit.

Justin can easily go to the right for a couple if games, if anything he might even be more comfortable over there. 

Might be something worth trialing tomorrow night for example.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm hoping BR gives Castagne a couple of games on the left ahead of Ricky's return and doesn't just throw him over there as soon as he's fit.

Justin can easily go to the right for a couple if games, if anything he might even be more comfortable over there. 

I think he has purposely had Castagne on the right so far due to us having very little attacking flair from right wing whilst we get Ünder fully fit. Otherwise we'd have had Castagne and Barnes tearing up the left and the workmanlike combo of Justin and Perez or Praet on the right. Surprised he hasn't swapped it when we've gone wing backs mind you.

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

If we see him this side of Christmas in the first team ill be surprised.

Is that much later than we first thought then? I know timescales have been mentioned in the press but has there been a set back or just the nature of ACL injuries and there being no rigid timescale for recovery like some other long term injuries.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Is that much later than we first thought then? I know timescales have been mentioned in the press but has there been a set back or just the nature of ACL injuries and there being no rigid timescale for recovery like some other long term injuries.

He's expected to return to playing football in november but usually with athletes after an acl they wont be at the level they were pre injury. Wouldnt be surprised if he plays with u23s for a month to get back up to speed.

On 13/10/2020 at 08:39, StanSP said:

I hope we can be patient when he recovers fully and starts playing again. Might take him a bit of time to get up to speed so I think, given all he's done for us so far, we afford him that time and patience and not get on his back if he's not performing immediately to the standard we know he can... 

This. In fact, with an Injury as serious as this, we should give him the rest of the season to recover to his previous levels. It’s his first (and hopefully last) major injury of his career and he hasn’t had a pre-season. 

Having said all that, you just know we’ll get the experts saying he is shit now after half a game back.

• Like 1

Whist I am no sports star, following an assault at work I had to have my ACL replaced in January. I am far from being even close to prior the surgery and we are what 8 months down the line. It’s very subjective as to recovery but let’s hope we don’t rush him back. 

14 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Whist I am no sports star, following an assault at work I had to have my ACL replaced in January. I am far from being even close to prior the surgery and we are what 8 months down the line. It’s very subjective as to recovery but let’s hope we don’t rush him back. 

I believe the top sportsman who get it done privately get a slightly different graft that is used to reconstruct the knee. This graft heals much quicker and allows them to be back much sooner.. however still this year at any point would be an amazing recovery still for Ricardo.

Edited by les-tah

42 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This. In fact, with an Injury as serious as this, we should give him the rest of the season to recover to his previous levels. It’s his first (and hopefully last) major injury of his career and he hasn’t had a pre-season. 

Having said all that, you just know we’ll get the experts saying he is shit now after half a game back.

'he's not the same player, get rid' 

'we rushed him back' 

'should have sold him while he was injured' 

:revenge:

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I understand the sentiment but if he goes over before Ricardo is fit, he’s essentially just being ‘thrown over’, just a few games earlier than needed. 

The players are currently playing where they are most suited with what we have available. To disrupt that early would be redundant imo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm sure Castagne said in a recent interview that he disliked having to keep moving positions at his previous club and hoped to be able to stick to one here (as much as our injuries allow) . 

• Like 1