Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Playing Ricardo at left back or on the right wing is like playing Messi in central midfield. He’s still probably going to be the best player in that position but you don’t play your best players in roles that get anything other than their maximum performance levels if you want to go anywhere. 

Castagne has been very impressive since he’s joined but if Ricardo gets back to the same level he was at (and after 8 months out that’s a huge “if”) then he should be LB with Ricardo at RB.  Ricardo hasn’t played left back regularly since he was at Nice, that was about 4 or 5 years ago now, Castagne (albeit in a 5) and Justin were doing it last season.

Ricardo is one of the best right backs in world football, why waste him on the left?

I agree .. however he does tend to cut in a hell of a lot so if he’s cutting in on his stronger foot then it may be ideal for him. And provide an even more attacking threat.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Playing Ricardo at left back or on the right wing is like playing Messi in central midfield. He’s still probably going to be the best player in that position but you don’t play your best players in roles that get anything other than their maximum performance levels if you want to go anywhere. 

Castagne has been very impressive since he’s joined but if Ricardo gets back to the same level he was at (and after 8 months out that’s a huge “if”) then he should be LB with Ricardo at RB.  Ricardo hasn’t played left back regularly since he was at Nice, that was about 4 or 5 years ago now, Castagne (albeit in a 5) and Justin were doing it last season.

Ricardo is one of the best right backs in world football, why waste him on the left?

Ricardo was the second best left back in Ligue 1 in 2015/16 when Puel was the coach, narrowly missing out to Sidibe of Monaco who got the official place in the team of the year. He was the third best left back the following season (16/17) with Benjamin Mendy (now of Man City) winning it. Incredibly Djibril Sidibe who was voted best LB of the season in 15/16 was voted the best RB in Ligue 1 in 16/17. He now plays for Everton, though has not yet reproduced the same form as he did for Monaco. 

RiccyP.png.6a9a302da4168266fccd40336fb70a61.png

So what if somehow our right back who is definitely one of the best right backs in Europe is also one of the best left backs!? It does seem unlikely, but there is historical precedent to suggest it's not as far-fetched as it might first seem. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Incredibly Djibril Cisse who was voted best LB of the season in 15/16 was voted the best RB in Ligue 1 in 16/17. He now plays for Everton, though has not yet reproduced the same form as he did for Monaco. 

While I don't doubt your point is right, you mean Djibril Sidibe - Cisse was a striker for Liverpool and Sunderland.

Sidibe is back at Monaco after his loan at Everton, anyway.

• Like 3

I'd like him to get 5/10 minutes towards the end from the bench depending on the scoreline by then. If we are 0-3 up then I would welcome that but if they were chasing down our 0-1 lead then I wouldn't risk any knocks.

Read something earlier in Leicester news or something about him not likely to be back until after the next international window so end of Nov/ start of Dec.

Good to see him training with the squad again but imagine he’ll need a couple of weeks of U23s apps and normal training, before he’s gradually reintegrated back into the team. 

On 29/10/2020 at 10:14, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just don't rush him please. If we fvck him like we fvcked Wilf, that's totally unforgivable.

Seems we in the minority, there is some kind of desperation, so if they get what they want we have him for 1 or 2 games and he is out again.

On 31/10/2020 at 06:57, dayday said:

My mates, mate, reckons he will be back in around 3/4 weeks, saw him in Countesthorpe last week apparently.

Being seen in Countesthorpe is a sure sign of an imminent return from injury, like seeing a prospective new signing in Morrisons

Let me know when your mates mate gets a sighting of Cags en route  Peatling Magna

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Being seen in Countesthorpe is a sure sign of an imminent return from injury, like seeing a prospective new signing in Morrisons

Let me know when your mates mate gets a sighting of Cags en route  Peatling Magna

Ricardo lives in Countesthorpe, and his mate spoke to him.

So trying to be funny didn’t really work!

5 hours ago, dayday said:

Ricardo lives in Countesthorpe, and his mate spoke to him.

So trying to be funny didn’t really work!

It was funny ...... and it wasn’t a dig at you ......it was a poster trying to make a joke ........ and he succeeded imo ......

anyway, let us know when wilf, cags and Timmy are all seated at the same table at the glebe cafe ......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...